Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Should Trevor Lawrence forgo playing anymore college games

Simple question, we've seen in the past presumptive #1 picks fall by staying and now we've seen a possibly career ending injury to Tua.

So should Trevor Lawrence site out the remainder of his college career to focus on his dreams of playing in the NFL?

I don't know, it'd be easier playing on a non title contender like say NC or something. But you play for titles along with money, nfl teams will question why you sat out when you were in the thick of it.

I would. Once I've shown enough to where I'm a top pick I'd just wait until I'm eligible for the NFL draft.

Clemson doesn't give a **** about Trevor Lawrence other than winning games. He shouldn't care about them either except to use them to pave his way to the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by Heediot View Post
    nfl teams will question why you sat out when you were in the thick of it.
    If I were a decision maker, I wouldn't give two ***** about that. He's more than proven.

Once you’re proven, take a seat.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Once you’re proven, take a seat.
    I've hit this point really quickly with the NCAA.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    If I were a decision maker, I wouldn't give two ***** about that. He's more than proven.
    I would place some emphasis on playing to win and the love of the game. Not all emphasis, but it's part of the evaluation equation.

I can see he other side of the coin, but I value certain charater traits in a player.

Quote Originally Posted by Heediot View Post
    I would place some emphasis on playing to win and the love of the game. Not all emphasis, but it's part of the evaluation equation.

I can see he other side of the coin, but I value certain charater traits in a player.
    Yea all of that goes out the window when you are a presumptive #1 pick without the financial security.

Yea all of that goes out the window when you are a presumptive #1 pick without the financial security.
    I think it has to take a lot for guys to sit out competing for a national title (which Clemson has been a contender for the past half decade annually). Theoretically, sitting is a practical financial option, but most guys instinctively want to play if there is a title on the line.

Most guys do skip bowl games or the rest of the year due to injury if their teams are out of it.

Lawrence would be number 1 in 2021 if he sat the rest of the way there, but these guys wont do it for whatever reason.

College athletes should get paid.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    The issue is so very deep, especially over here in America. Football and Basketball are about the only two sports that make money, but because of Title IX they're going to have to end up paying out all sports. So the issue becomes do you cap? Put a minimum? Is it based on the size of the team? Quality?

The issue is so very deep, especially over here in America. Football and Basketball are about the only two sports that make money, but because of Title IX they're going to have to end up paying out all sports. So the issue becomes do you cap? Put a minimum? Is it based on the size of the team? Quality?
    Let them make money off their own likeness.

As for the topic at hand, I wouldn't bat an eye if Lawrence wants to sit out next year. I think two years is enough to prove himself.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    They do. It's called tuition.
    The problem comes in some disparities.....football far and away generates more money for schools than any other sport, in fact some sports cost more than they bring in.....so a scholarship football player has more value than, say, a scholarship golfer....but their 'pay' is the same. Also, if they start paying, it opens up a can of worms that can never be closed....are there set amounts, does it vary by sport, are their tiers within each sport......is the structure the same across all NCAA schools, or can individual schools determine pay levels......
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    As for the topic at hand, I wouldn't bat an eye if Lawrence wants to sit out next year. I think two years is enough to prove himself.
    and do what, sit at home? pay his own way at school? or expect Clemson to pay for a year he's not playing?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast