Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Player developement thread

Let discuss our young guys and how there skill sets are progessing.

I see improvement in Frank, Mitch, and Knox

Frank ball handling and on court aggressiveness have improved.

I think Mitch looks stronger, is becmoing a factor on the offesnive glass, and seems to understadning timining on rolls a bit more

Knox is defaintely taking it to the basket better and seems to improved his shot selection a little

Dot looks the same to me.

Tier is pulling the trigger on the 3 faster which is good for him but he has also been buried.

RJ has impressed so far. Obvisously foul shooting is a big issues. Where else should he be looking to improve?

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Because of lack of fit on roster and coach not running any offense to make life easier it's impossible to determine if players are growing or not.

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

You can talk about fine plays but I mean we saw way more fine plays during Lee N8 Frye Chandler Gallo's time doesn't mean Knicks were building something good or just running with it I don't know it's impossible to determine.

Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    Because of lack of fit on roster and coach not running any offense to make life easier it's impossible to determine if players are growing or not.

I don't think that is true at all. If a guy improves at something you can tell by wathcing him play.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I don't think that is true at all. If a guy improves at something you can tell by wathcing him play.
    Then Knicks have been developing since Zeke but still swapping coaches

Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    Then Knicks have been developing since Zeke but still swapping coaches

Guys can get better at basketball while playing for the Knicks doesnít mean the team going to win, mgt is smart, etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 11-16-2019 at 02:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Guys can get better at basketball while playing for the Knicks doesnít mean the team going to win, mgt is smart, etc

The problem is that the players are developing despite the coach, not because of the coaching.

Frank?? We would not even be talking about him if it wasn't for Team France and injuries. He would be Mr. DNP.
    Knox?? The only real thing that has improved from last year is his J and is getting fewer shot opportunities.
    Mitch?? Showing the same potential to dominate as last year, regressing in fouls, and seems to be getting more injury-prone.
    Trier?? Has taken his foot off the gas pedal and is thinking too much instead of just doing what comes natural. Definitely a step backward.

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksFan4Years View Post
    The problem is that the players are developing despite the coach, not because of the coaching.

Frank?? We would not even be talking about him if it wasn't for Team France and injuries. He would be Mr. DNP.
    Knox?? The only real thing that has improved from last year is his J and is getting fewer shot opportunities.
    Mitch?? Showing the same potential to dominate as last year, regressing in fouls, and seems to be getting more injury-prone.
    Trier?? Has taken his foot off the gas pedal and is thinking too much instead of just doing what comes natural. Definitely a step backward.
    Wow you are reaching. Frank skills didnít improve in France. That might when you saw them but that isnít where he got better and Mitch is getting more injury prone bc he got elbowed in the head? Come on man! You donít have give credit to the coach or current regime but these guys skills have gotten a little better

Last edited by ewing; 11-16-2019 at 07:12 PM.

Mitch is shooting 76% from the line

When Bullock gets healthy is Knox going to lose even more minutes? Does Iggy and Trier go deeper into the bench? ...WHAT DEVELOPMENT

I think all of our guys made decent steps this year.

Mitch is still very raw but more often than not he is a game changer in a positive way even if it's in small bursts due to foul trouble or silly mistakes. His advanced metrics are off the charts. He would benefit greatly from an open middle and savvy PG play which we don't have right now.

Knox is carving out a place in this league for himself as a lights out shooter hybrid 3/4 who can score at all three levels. Right now he's buried and his D sucks but he's got the right skills for today's league and will be a nightly contributor and efficient scorer for a long time.

RJ looks like he at a minimum should be a future all star. I honestly think he becomes a knock down shooter too, or at least an average-to-above-average shooter. He's much better from 3 than anyone thought and knows how to get himself jumpers off in the mid range. He's got the total package IMO and also plays defense.

I'm fine with Frank this year. I actually like the way he is playing. He's more aggressive and his defense has been pretty stellar for the most part.

We are still lacking a surefire #1 prospect like Doncic or Trae Young but RJ has a chance. I like the overall well roundedness of those 4 guys as a nucleus.

Frank seems the same to me. Knox is a career 12 and 5 guy that does not play very good defense. Now Mitch on the other hand is really gonna be good barring injuries. He has gotten much better starting back to last year and into this year. I would unload Frank and Knox given the chance to get a marquis player or even a high draft pick.

I'm going to flip "player development" on its head and say we should bring in Jamal Crawford as a Player/Coach (and mentor). His main task should be to develop Frank's offense and killer (and the other guards as well).

I think Mitch, Frank, RJ & Knox have all shown skillsets that will be valuable on a good team.

everyone else I'm not sure on.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    I think Mitch, Frank, RJ & Knox have all shown skillsets that will be valuable on a good team.

everyone else I'm not sure on.
    Agreed. Iím also curious to see Dot in a consistent role getting around 20+ minutes a game to see what he brings on a nightly basis.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast