Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    Rj role player 😂😂😂😂
    Definitely a role player getting too many minutes, we suck because right now either him or Morris are the leading men. I want RJ to be great even though I didn't want him, but he's here. I see him being a good role player not a star, didn't see it at Duke still don't. I think hes a volume scorer, he needs to shoot alot to get his points.
    [B]

Quote Originally Posted by kartyea View Post
    Definitely a role player getting too many minutes, we suck because right now either him or Morris are the leading men. I want RJ to be great even though I didn't want him, but he's here. I see him being a good role player not a star, didn't see it at Duke still don't. I think hes a volume scorer, he needs to shoot alot to get his points.

I am a little scared of this too. I didn't love him at Duke either. I am more impressed with him now then I expected but I do think people are going overboard if they see a definite all star right now. His strength is very impressive but he is neither a great finisher or shooter. I do think he projects as very good defender, I like how hard he goes, and I like that he get in the paint but i don't know if I see a star. I am hoping I am just wrong about him overall b/c I honestly didn't expect him to be as good as he is now.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I am a little scared of this too. I didn't love him at Duke either. I am more impressed with him now then I expected but I do think people are going overboard if they see a definite all star right now. His strength is very impressive but he is neither a great finisher or shooter. I do think he projects as very good defender, I like how hard he goes, and I like that he get in the paint but i don't know if I see a star. I am hoping I am just wrong about him overall b/c I honestly didn't expect him to be as good as he is now.
    I think he's got the foundation to be a star. Needs to improve shooting overall but that's something that happens naturally for a lot of players.

2 way player, can put up points rather effortlessly, can fill up the triple double statsheet like you see with all the great star wings nowadays. So far so good for RJ IMO.

Rookies are almost always inefficent. RJ has some FT shooting issues but I think there is enough there that he becomes a reliable shooter. He may not be Luka/Trae level prospect but he's up there IMO. He would be getting more hype if we didn't sign a bunch of ball hogging vets to demand the bulk of the touches in front of him IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    I think he's got the foundation to be a star. Needs to improve shooting overall but that's something that happens naturally for a lot of players.

2 way player, can put up points rather effortlessly, can fill up the triple double statsheet like you see with all the great star wings nowadays. So far so good for RJ IMO.

Rookies are almost always inefficent. RJ has some FT shooting issues but I think there is enough there that he becomes a reliable shooter. He may not be Luka/Trae level prospect but he's up there IMO. He would be getting more hype if we didn't sign a bunch of ball hogging vets to demand the bulk of the touches in front of him IMO.
    Why do you think he has the foundation to be a star? He very good at bullying his way to the hole but doesn't have the lift, touch, or body control to be an elite finisher IMO. He doesn't dance enough to be an elite play maker for others and he isn't much of jump shooter. He'll get to the line and he has very good motor but I just don't see that foundation you are. I'm happy that he is translating better then I expected given what I see and I hope that keeps happening but I don't see a star without him getting much much better at shooting and/or developing foot work in the realm of a Pierce/Melo type player.

Why do you think he has the foundation to be a star? He very good at bullying his way to the hole but doesn't have the lift, touch, or body control to be an elite finisher IMO. He doesn't dance enough to be an elite play maker for others and he isn't much of jump shooter. He'll get to the line and he has very good motor but I just don't see that foundation you are. I'm happy that he is translating better then I expected given what I see and I hope that keeps happening but I don't see a star without him getting much much better at shooting and/or developing foot work in the realm of a Pierce/Melo type player.
    This! I completely agree with everything you stated, I'm very surprised he looked this good early as well, but will this last? I don't think so. I just don't see star player. I've been wrong before, but I don't see it. I'm hoping we can get Anthony Edwards or Tyrese Maxey in here I'm chalking this season up already!
    Last edited by kartyea; 12-04-2019 at 04:54 PM.
    [B]

This! I completely agree with everything you stated, I'm very surprised he looked this good early as well, but will this last? I don't think so. I just don't see star player. I've been wrong before, but I don't see it. I'm hoping we can get Anthony Edwards or Tyrese Maxey in here I'm chalking this season up already!
    I do like JR i just don't know if we can bank on him being a star. I do think he is a smart player and b/c he gets tot the hole will always be a little better then his #s.

I do like JR i just don't know if we can bank on him being a star. I do think he is a smart player and b/c he gets tot the hole will always be a little better then his #s.
    A star?

Lol hes barely even an NBA player at this point.

Hes a D league player at best.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    A star?

Lol hes barely even an NBA player at this point.

Hes a D league player at best.
    Can't judge these players until they get some real coaching in a competent system.

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksFan4Years View Post
    Can't judge these players until they get some real coaching in a competent system.
    Joke coach fizdale cant be blamed for Coach Bojangles feeding him fried chicken 3 times a day, and developing Jr into the next eddy curry.

Little fat boy cant even dunk the ball anymore. Cant even get by anyone. LOL

Hes completely useless, you cant be in the nba if your not good at anything.

Fat boy doesnt even try to jump anymore haha.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    Joke coach fizdale cant be blamed for Coach Bojangles feeding him fried chicken 3 times a day, and developing Jr into the next eddy curry.

Little fat boy cant even dunk the ball anymore. Cant even get by anyone. LOL

Hes completely useless, you cant be in the nba if your not good at anything.

Fat boy doesnt even try to jump anymore haha.
    I'm really not feeling the chicken reference, it's only basketball I know we can get emotional, please don't cross the line!!!
    Last edited by kartyea; 12-04-2019 at 09:38 PM.
    [B]

I'm really not feeling the chicken reference, it's only basketball I know we can get emotional, please don't cross the line!!!
    Huh, do you think im saying that in a racist way or something?

I'm not, dude literally said he eats too much bojangles fried chicken and thats why he gains weight.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    DAL fans are very happy with KP & even THJR. and u realize they are both coming off surgery right? these posts come across as bitter and salty. we'd all give our left nut to have KP be the 2nd best player on our team.
    Thing is KP was our franchise best player...lol

You will never win anything with KP as your first or second best player and Dallas is paying him the Max... big mistake. Luka is carrying them man, he is that good. KP is averaging 10ppg since they lost to the Knicks. With KP and THJ they have 200 million dollars worth of cap tied up for the next 2 years and Knicks have 2 of their 1st round picks.

KP is NOT just off surgery, that happened 2 years ago... so with that reasoning KD will still be struggling to get back to form 2 years from now?

Glad we didn't get him ether.

Just watched EJ Liddell on Ohio State who played on my sons high school state championship team last year score almost more points than Cole Anthony in 16 minutes. I am not impressed with Cole Anthony he doesn't look better than DSJ to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post

You will never win anything with KP as your first or second best player and Dallas is paying him the Max... big mistake. Luka is carrying them man, he is that good. KP is averaging 10ppg since they lost to the Knicks. With KP and THJ they have 200 million dollars worth of cap tied up for the next 2 years and Knicks have 2 of their 1st round picks.

KP is NOT just off surgery, that happened 2 years ago... so with that reasoning KD will still be struggling to get back to form 2 years from now?

Just watched EJ Liddell on Ohio State who played on my sons high school state championship team last year score almost more points than Cole Anthony in 16 minutes. I am not impressed with Cole Anthony he doesn't look better than DSJ to me.
    Iím also leaning a bit more towards one of Edwards, LaMelo or Nico personally. Although if we end up with Cole or Wiseman I wonít be mad.

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post

The kppart is is going to age nicely next season

You won't be mad until he is no better than DSJ...lol

You can't put stock in the draft anymore. The draft system does not favor losing teams and the top draft picks are usually novelty players, not well rounded, usually one trick pony type guys who you have to wait 3-4 years to see their potential. Luka and Trae Young are special but although they didn't get as much hype, they are worlds better than this years picks Zion and Ja Morant. The level of competition these young players are competing against before they enter the NBA means a lot and you can really see it with Luka. That's why I'm taking Melo Ball over Anthony all day.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast