Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Ben simmons so far through however many games this season has not taken 1 actual NBA jumpshot.... Every one of his shots are either fades/1 handed shots/dunks/layups.... He has not taken 1 shot this season even with guys on him 7 inches or smaller where he has gone straight up and down with a naturally shooting form release.

lol laker fans have to hate bog man... dude just kills them

Paul can tip a scale out East. Imagine Siakam with Paul.

Cs survive the trap game. Was not a pretty performance but a win is a win. Especially considering last year they probably would have just rolled over and given up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    its not the losses that bother me... we could be an 8 seed and id be fine if we are fixing our mistakes..... here is my post from the sixers area on what i have been saying since the start of last year...

i told you guys wins/losses mean nothing... the sixers players themselves are the ones saying 1 seed... i am not going by wins/losses... we can lose the next 4 and that isnt what bothers me....

things that bother me

ben simmons is handicapping us because he is scared to take an actual nba jump shot

joel gets doubled because of ben and cant pass out of double teams or dominate because its 4v5

we turn the ball over every year more than almost every other team

brett brown constantly makes baffling coaching decisions and makes no adjustments on the fly

we add different players year after year but have made no adjustments to our offensive game plan

come the playoffs we wont be playing bad teams... we are still gonna be assuming we add a 3 point shooter... a mediocre 3 point shooting team who plays 4v5 in the half court offense that cant adjust on the fly and turns the ball over a ton..... that is a recipe for disaster in the playoffs against good teams. Waiting until mid season to be concerned or using its only 12 games as an excuse is just silly to me because we have had years of the same issues.
    Noted....

When I think about Ben & the 6ers, I always wonder why aren't they playing Ben at the 4 spot while still having a true point guard on the court.

Ben can handle the ball most of the time, thats fine; but as the offense is getting into it's sets and the ball starts to move around, you would want another good ball handler and a knock down shooter.

Example: On defense... PG, JRich, Harris, Ben, Embiid.
    On offense... Ben, PG(shooter), JRich, Harris, Embiid.

I hope I am making sense lol

I know they have Horford this season, but he can be in ending game lineup. 6th man, and when Embiid misses a game, he will be the starting center.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

Quote Originally Posted by Dade County View Post
    Noted....

When I think about Ben & the 6ers, I always wonder why aren't they playing Ben at the 4 spot while still having a true point guard on the court.

Ben can handle the ball most of the time, thats fine; but as the offense is getting into it's sets and the ball starts to move around, you would want another good ball handler and a knock down shooter.

Example: On defense... PG, JRich, Harris, Ben, Embiid.
    On offense... Ben, PG(shooter), JRich, Harris, Embiid.

I hope I am making sense lol

I know they have Horford this season, but he can be in ending game lineup. 6th man, and when Embiid misses a game, he will be the starting center.
    at this point i would legit try to get cp3 for nothing... not sure how it would work but man he would be amazing with joel. Make cp3 play PG and let ben simmons be a slasher... when ben simmons is used on the fast break or as a slasher with a legit pg he is amazing.

he def does

Ben simmons for dame????????????? : )
    Kuz + KCP for Ben

one guy doesnt want to shoot and the other 2 thats all they want to do

at this point i would legit try to get cp3 for nothing... not sure how it would work but man he would be amazing with joel. Make cp3 play PG and let ben simmons be a slasher... when ben simmons is used on the fast break or as a slasher with a legit pg he is amazing.
    Something like that... But forget about Cp3 & find a cheaper younger PG. If you want an OKC PG what about Dennis Schröder? Cp3 contract would take too much moving parts.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

Quote Originally Posted by Dade County View Post
    Something like that... But forget about Cp3 & find a cheaper younger PG. If you want an OKC PG what about Dennis Schröder? Cp3 contract would take too much moving parts.
    would he cost more picks wise? cp3 you could have right now for a first via 26 plus pick.... not sure about schroder... i be on bored with anyone that plays PG and can shoot at this point

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers + Giants View Post
    Kuz + KCP for Ben

one guy doesnt want to shoot and the other 2 thats all they want to do
    shoo... i dont want kcp lol.

seriously.... in all my years watching basketball i have never seen a guy refuse to shoot on this level that ben simmons has.... never. its insanity

sixers fans think i am annoying tough... go look on sixers reddit and look at this is whats wrong with the sixers 45 seconds... its all ben simmons and shooting..... not kidding.

^ redraft that one. Everyone made fun of DA for taking Brown third. Everyone thought Ingram was trash. Ben was god.

If this is Ben's ceiling I'm glad we took Brown. He's come alive this year

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    One More Time

Quote Originally Posted by PAOboston View Post
    Marcus Smart...sharpshooter? He’s improved his 3 pt shooting so much over the past two seasons. Currently 40.5% from deep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lol not sure about “sharpshooter” but perception of him should change.

The defense has never been in question. And when people were ripping his shooting what always got lost in the shuffle is that he’s a good playmaker. He always has been.

Now that he seem to be an “ok” shooter when you look at his overall game he deserves more props. You throw it all together - all NBA defender, good playmaker, ok shooter - and that’s a very legit player. Way better than I think people think of him as. He’s more than just some random energy/hustle guy with gritty intangibles.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

All these teams just jacking up three after three makes it miserable to watch. Buddy Hield today took 15 shots and 14 of them were threes. Suns the other night were doing the same...

It won't work unless you have Steph Curry and Klay Thompson on your team. Both of those guys are once in a lifetime shooters.

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Lol not sure about “sharpshooter” but perception of him should change.

The defense has never been in question. And when people were ripping his shooting what always got lost in the shuffle is that he’s a good playmaker. He always has been.

Now that he seem to be an “ok” shooter when you look at his overall game he deserves more props. You throw it all together - all NBA defender, good playmaker, ok shooter - and that’s a very legit player. Way better than I think people think of him as. He’s more than just some random energy/hustle guy with gritty intangibles.
    agreed, many think of him as a rich mans tony Allen type. this still understate his impact

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast