Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: 2020 QB Class

2020 QB Class

How would you rate them? Each one certainly has their own "red flags" that could be cause for concern to draft:
    Tua - Injuries
    Barrow - Experience
    Herbert - Accuracy

So what are your concerns? Who would you take first out of them? Or would you pass on them for players like Young, Jeudy, Thomas or Okudah?

I'd bet Tua will be drafted high and amount to nothing just like every other Bama QB.

Uh oh

Chase Young is the best player in the draft.

I'd take Jake Fromm and work with him at the next level over the ones mentioned, that's just me.

Tua seems injury prone. That can mess with your mental toughness and willingness to take hits or stand in the pocket longer without panicking in the nfl.

Herbert doesn't have he it factor IMO. Neither does Jacob Eason.

Burrow I am uncertain. He runs a high paced offense, which for the most part tonnes of guys dont translate well to the nfl.

I think Fromm doesn't have the strongest arm, but I like his leadership and decision making and composure.

This just saves some team from wasting a high draft pick on him

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    This just saves some team from wasting a high draft pick on him
    Well this ain't it.

I never really did understand the whole Tank for Tua thing.....like he was THE guy a team needed.

With so many drafts, in the months leading up to it there are 2 QBs who just seem to be talked about as 'which should be #1 overall'........and, that still may happen next spring, there's a lot of football to be played yet....just not by Tua.

Herbert, Burrow, Fromm, Hurts, Eason, Love......you know it's likely 2 of those, or one and Tua...will somehow rise above the rest.................and if Tua now drops, some team who didn't even have to tank will take their chance and draft him....
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

I think it'll be another class of "this is the best class in a long time!!!!" until around February, when everyone then starts saying "Oh, this is a weak class, but you just wait until next year.... best class in a long time!!!!"

I haven't gotten deep into film on any of them yet, so my opinion will surely change on at least one prospect, but so far I don't see any that I'd confidently draft to 5. I liked Tua's deep ball and timing, but pre-injury I was concerned how he'd react to a bad team/non stacked team. Burrow is a very aware scrambler and elusive, but I'm not sure how I feel about him on deep and tough intermediate throws.

BuT mUh 60% cOmPlEtion