Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 33 of 64 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    You are drastically over estimating how often it occurs.
    No, he's right, hands to the face in the line happens a lot ... the issue is equating that with grabbing a helmet and pulling and twisting after the whistle.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    You are drastically over estimating how often it occurs.
    Maybe, but not likely by much TBH.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    No, he's right, hands to the face in the line happens a lot ... the issue is equating that with grabbing a helmet and pulling and twisting after the whistle.
    Well yeah, thatís what I meant.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Maybe, but not likely by much TBH.
    Scoots clarified it.

100%. So why should any of us really care? They're going to call one of the tightest games we've ever seen (like the 1st Bengals/Steelers games after the Burfict hit then the Juju hit) and likely nothing will happen.
    Because Rudolph got off scot free and that's bogus. Just going to inflate his head more, guarantee the dude acts sideways again before its all said and done.

Well by the definition you use it happens after the whistle is blown so it's a problem then right?

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Because Rudolph got off scot free and that's bogus. Just going to inflate his head more, guarantee the dude acts sideways again before its all said and done.
    I doubt he will TBH. And he's not going to get off scot free. There's a fine coming. Likely Tuesday or Wednesday. That's the standard NFL fine day.

Well by the definition you use it happens after the whistle is blown so it's a problem then right?
    If any player EVER grabs a helmet with 2 hands and pulls it and twists it then that player should be ejected from that game and suspended at least 1 game.

If any player EVER grabs a helmet with 2 hands and pulls it and twists it then that player should be ejected from that game and suspended at least 1 game.
    Ok?

You can say it all you want but the rules dont apply equally to all players as we have seen many times over the years.

Rudolph should at the very least get 1 game. Seems kind of harsh for Garrett considering all the **** Burfict had to do over the years to earn a long suspension. I guess they are scared that helmet shot could have been a lot worse.
    Last edited by Nunuu; 11-16-2019 at 10:26 PM.

I doubt he will TBH. And he's not going to get off scot free. There's a fine coming. Likely Tuesday or Wednesday. That's the standard NFL fine day.
    A fine isn't going to do anything. See Garrett.

Until the game is taken away from these guys, it doesn't register.

Rudolph showed zero remorse post game, because he knows he's operating under a protected status.

His type, its just a matter of time before he does something out of line again because "he's angry" and the poor little guy doesn't know how to handle his emotions.

A fine isn't going to do anything. See Garrett.
    This is why I quoted Browns penalty issue as a team. I think a fine didn't do anything because the team as a whole has issues with discipline in game.

Until the game is taken away from these guys, it doesn't register.
    Not for all.

Rudolph showed zero remorse post game, because he knows he's operating under a protected status.
    Didn't disagree.

His type, its just a matter of time before he does something out of line again because "he's angry" and the poor little guy doesn't know how to handle his emotions.
    So you are letting this one action define his career?

If the NFL decided it messed up not suspending Mason, but said in response they are tacking one more game onto everyone elses suspension because of the original ruling. Would you still be ok with it?

If you want a behavior to change, you have to give them the incentive TO change.
    If attempting to tear a player's helmet off yielded an automatic ejection, players would eventually adjust.
    If the league deemed the incident as egregious, they apply a 1 game suspension.
    A second egregious incident yields an escalated suspension.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    If you want a behavior to change, you have to give them the incentive TO change.
    If attempting to tear a player's helmet off yielded an automatic ejection, players would eventually adjust.
    If the league deemed the incident as egregious, they apply a 1 game suspension.
    A second egregious incident yields an escalated suspension.
    I think an underlooked part here:
    Just because refs fail to act on step 1 (ejection) doesn't mean that you should jump to step 2 (suspension).

I think an underlooked part here:
    Just because refs fail to act on step 1 (ejection) doesn't mean that you should jump to step 2 (suspension).
    I actually think that's the way it should happen, and I think has happened in the past.

Do you think going forward a player should be suspended for a game for trying to remove an opponents head?

Page 33 of 64 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast