Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 29 of 64 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    No we haven't seen it and I've never said it's ok that he tried to do it. All I've asked on it is does position matter in saying he shouldn't do it. I don't believe that positions involved makes this any better or any worse. Pulling a helmet off is pulling a helmet off. That's why I asked so early on is if this would be perceived differently if this was an OT and DE or WR and DB.

Wrong is wrong and position doesn't matter in that.
    I agree wrong is wrong. I also think QBs are/should be held to a higher standard as the face of the franchises.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    I agree wrong is wrong. I also think QBs are/should be held to a higher standard as the face of the franchises.
    What I disagree with is the higher standard in something like this. A fight is a fight. Doesn't matter to me that he was a QB rather than any other position. All players should be held to the standard of 'don't start a fight'

For reference:
    Talib got 2 games for pulling off Crabtree's helmet and throwing a punch.
    Smith was suspended 3 games (2 preseason) for swinging without connecting.
    Joyce didn't get suspended, and while he should have, it was a wildly different time. He was heavily fined though. And in all reality trying to say punishments in the 50's and equating it a punishment in 2019 isn't really an apples to apples.
    And what exactly did Rudolph get for trying to pull Garrett's helmet off? Or charging at him and getting himself bopped on the head?

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    And what exactly did Rudolph get for trying to pull Garrett's helmet off? Or charging at him and getting himself bopped on the head?
    We don't know yet. And as for the charging part....why should he get anything for that part of the issue?

It would have certainly been cheap, but it's been thrown, right? That's all I'm wondering.

All in all both sides were stupid in this. Steelers running that play, Mason grabbing the helmet, Garrett ripping the helmet off, Mason (using his words here) "feeling like he had more to say", Garrett using the helmet as a weapon, Pouncey kicking (personally I have not problems with the punching, the kicking crossed the line for me), Ogunjobi running up Mason's backside.

I just watchs Masons full postgame. I'm disturbed he never addressed his role in it. He did say he felt Myles said something that crossed the line, which puts us in a he-said-he-said situation. He said that he had words and though it should have been done when Myles ripped his helmet off. It should have never gotten there to begin with anyways.
    That post game press conference is really what makes me think that this guy just doesn't get it. To play the victim when he was the first one to really take things over the top is immature and frankly, unbecoming of a guy who's supposed to be a leader. I mean when Baker Mayfield of all people had a better response than the guy directly involved, it's an issue.

I also don't believe that he did what he did for any reason except for the fact that he was frustrated because he played awful. I'd he hadn't thrown 4 picks and only scored 7 points, I truly doubt that he does what he did. And that to me was bush league.

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    That post game press conference is really what makes me think that this guy just doesn't get it. To play the victim when he was the first one to really take things over the top is immature and frankly, unbecoming of a guy who's supposed to be a leader. I mean when Baker Mayfield of all people had a better response than the guy directly involved, it's an issue.

I also don't believe that he did what he did for any reason except for the fact that he was frustrated because he played awful. I'd he hadn't thrown 4 picks and only scored 7 points, I truly doubt that he does what he did. And that to me was bush league.
    This I don't buy. He's been playing like this all season. Why now?

There's more to it than 'played bad'.
    Last edited by warfelg; 11-16-2019 at 12:48 PM.

We don't know yet. And as for the charging part....why should he get anything for that part of the issue?
    What do you mean why? The exact reason players can't leave the bench area in NBA, NHL and NFL... Because it escalates the situation. That's not hard to grasp as to why that is an issue.

Interviewer "you were helmet-less and kept coming at him, why?"

Rudolph "because I had a bone to pick with him"

I mean c'mon, gimme a break here. The situation was over. Garrett was restrained and backing up.

Rudolph further "I appreciate the line having my back and putting it to bed, but I was angry".

So he acknowledges the situation was over but because he was angry, its excused to further escalate the situation. But because Garrett acted out of anger, its not okay?

Rudolph getting off with nothing is the NFL completely dropping the ball. If you want to delay his 1 game suspension, so he misses this rematch, I'm fine with it. If the kid gets nothing, which is the case as it stands, he's going to get abused by the Browns defense in 2 weeks, for better or worse, legal or not. And it'll be squarely on the NFL.

Then fine and suspend the 10-12 guys a week that do the same.

Leave it to ESPN reporters to insert a race question into this.....Rudolph said 'something egregious' to Garrett automatically becomes 'oh, must've been racist'

Then fine and suspend the 10-12 guys a week that do the same.
    Like rats in a maze, sometimes positive and negative reinforcement is the only means of training behavior

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Leave it to ESPN reporters to insert a race question into this.....Rudolph said 'something egregious' to Garrett automatically becomes 'oh, must've been racist'
    Only a matter of time, not if.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    You're not bothered more about an accusation of racism than whether something racist was actually said, are you?

Wrong is wrong and position doesn't matter in that.
    Starting fights is wrong, but it's worse if a QB does it.

I'm not defending him. I haven't defended him.
    You're deflecting though.
    Last edited by QB_Eagles; 11-16-2019 at 01:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Starting fights is wrong, but it's worse if a QB does it.

You're deflecting though. And asking, "what about this? What about that?"
    Why is it worse based on position though? Is that your opinion?

Deflection and reasoning are different things.

Page 29 of 64 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast