Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 28 of 64 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    NHL doesn't really do that anymore
    Hasn't the NHL really cracked down on fighting? I don't really follow it anymore and haven't since my Hartford Whalers were taken away from me.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    No it doesn't. Not at all. Come on man. The legality of excessively taking down a QB does not depend on the whistle being blown.
    Can we quit with the “excessive” take down stuff? It was far from excessive.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Can we quit with the “excessive” take down stuff? It was far from excessive.
    Have you seen DE's that continue to take down a QB after they threw the ball flagged this year?

So just because something isn't flagged means it wasn't a penalty? Just answer that.
    It's obviously borderline enough that you sound weak for trying to defend Rudolph's actions based on it. I mean come on... You literally have no ground to stand on in the argument.

Hasn't the NHL really cracked down on fighting? I don't really follow it anymore and haven't since my Hartford Whalers were taken away from me.
    Yeah the fights are pretty lame now

So you're applying different standards to different positions, and I said it's not ok for any position to start a fight.

Cool to know where we stand.

QB's shouldn't be trying to start stuff right:
    Pulling a jersey vs pulling someone’s neck

Silly attempt.

So just because something isn't flagged means it wasn't a penalty? Just answer that.
    Yes. It might be a missed penalty, but by nature of the word, it’s not a penalty.

Have you seen DE's that continue to take down a QB after they threw the ball flagged this year?
    Yes.

Have you seen qbs try to rip off a players helmet after getting tackled before?

So was a QB twisting the neck trying to rip a guys helmet off after a legal play.
    Both guys did some messed up things for sure. I don't care who started it, who is more at fault I can give two ****s. Y'all can say Mason was dirtier or started the whole thing. I'm not that sensitive if my team or players are portrayed a certain way. The truth is the truth.

Its kind of a funny how far guys will go to defend someone or try to cut someone down in this thread either way. I really could care less and I try not be over moral cop/self righteousness, (UNLESS YOUR LEBRON JAMES, and I only do that because his fan boys piss me off and I trol their *****, maybe someone of y'all doing the same lol), or play the victim card/blame game.

I've seen more of it not called. And honestly, I'd be pretty irritated if it was flagged.

It's obviously borderline enough that you sound weak for trying to defend Rudolph's actions based on it. I mean come on... You literally have no ground to stand on in the argument.
    I'm not defending him. I haven't defended him. All I'm saying is it's possible he saw it as excessive and after a game long of frustrations made him snap. Not that it's ok that he did it, and it's wrong that he snapped (and would be for frankly any position). Just because it wasn't flagged doesn't mean it was a 100% perfectly fine action. I saw on another site someone say it might be a flag elsewhere in the game, but the refs didn't throw it to just get out of there.

Again because you seem to have trouble grasping this: Mason Rudolph is 100% in the wrong for what he did. 100%.

He snapped. He shouldn't have. But in a game with as many injuries to his teammates as there were, he likely took issue on a hit he felt was too much at the time of the game with the score where it was.

The problem I keep having is I'm reading over and over (not here as much) that Myles swung because Mason charged. So why not talk about what got Mason to react?

Of course OC Randy Fichtner is getting off scott free when he should have never put his players in this position.

Quote Originally Posted by bdawk4prez View Post
    yes.

Have you seen qbs try to rip off a players helmet after getting tackled before?
    throw mason in jail!!!!

I've seen more of it not called. And honestly, I'd be pretty irritated if it was flagged.
    It would have certainly been cheap, but it's been thrown, right? That's all I'm wondering.

All in all both sides were stupid in this. Steelers running that play, Mason grabbing the helmet, Garrett ripping the helmet off, Mason (using his words here) "feeling like he had more to say", Garrett using the helmet as a weapon, Pouncey kicking (personally I have not problems with the punching, the kicking crossed the line for me), Ogunjobi running up Mason's backside.

I just watchs Masons full postgame. I'm disturbed he never addressed his role in it. He did say he felt Myles said something that crossed the line, which puts us in a he-said-he-said situation. He said that he had words and though it should have been done when Myles ripped his helmet off. It should have never gotten there to begin with anyways.

throw mason in jail!!!!
    Just answered and asked.

This is why your motives are questioned.

Just answered and asked.

This is why your motives are questioned.
    No we haven't seen it and I've never said it's ok that he tried to do it. All I've asked on it is does position matter in saying he shouldn't do it. I don't believe that positions involved makes this any better or any worse. Pulling a helmet off is pulling a helmet off. That's why I asked so early on is if this would be perceived differently if this was an OT and DE or WR and DB.

Wrong is wrong and position doesn't matter in that.

Page 28 of 64 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast