Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 25 of 64 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    It could have been but that late in an already decided game the refs aren't very eager to throw flags.

As mentioned, Rudolph isn't the first QB to be the target of a borderline dirty hit.
    Not dirty.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Not dirty.
    ok, not dirty, just completely unnecessary given the game was over
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Mason getting suspended would of been fine with me. Him not is fine with me as well. He was frustrated but what he did wasn't anything out of the norm in a football game. What Myles or Mason did before the helmet swing wasn't out of the ordinary and not that ridic. That helmet swing was a rare occurence like 1 in 1k game type of ish and that's being generous. Myles is lucky Mason didn't get hurt like many have said, or he'd be in deeper water.

If he was Ben or a Franchise QB, I as a coach or owner wouldn't want him doing that kind of extra curricular stuff as nothing good will come out of it and your team is dependent on your availability for success. A backup QB, I wouldn't sweat it as much

True. Doesn't really change what I said though
    And the whistle blowing or not blowing has 0 impact. Just because the play is still going on doesn't mean there can't be something illegal happening.

I disagree. I think you are fundamentally wrong.
    Without question.

It could have been but that late in an already decided game the refs aren't very eager to throw flags.

As mentioned, Rudolph isn't the first QB to be the target of a borderline dirty hit.
    I agree on both of these points.

Some of the problem on that should come on the Steelers for not taking a knee at that point. Some should come on Garrett for just situational awareness even before everything happened.

Yes Rudolph isn't the first QB to be the target of a borderline dirty hit, but would you agree after 3 head to head hits had happened this game resulting in 2 guys being knocked out on the field, that there should be some level of understanding of a reaction to something like that? I'm not saying it excuses anything (it doesn't) but if I felt like me and my teammates had been targeted all game long I would be a little more on edge.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Yes Rudolph isn't the first QB to be the target of a borderline dirty hit, but would you agree after 3 head to head hits had happened this game resulting in 2 guys being knocked out on the field, that there should be some level of understanding of a reaction to something like that? I'm not saying it excuses anything (it doesn't) but if I felt like me and my teammates had been targeted all game long I would be a little more on edge.
    A NFL QB doesn't start fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    Tons of Steelers fans on reddit are acting like their players have never done anything foul.
    Ah the reddit argument, where the browns fans have a thread of:
    NFL Rescinds Myles Garrett Suspension After Review Footage Clearly Shows Mason Rudolph’s Punchable ****ing Face
    And comments like:
    The commissioner nominated Myles Garrett for Walter Payton Man of the Year

"You can really justify Garrett's actions because of that face"

Mason Rudolph likes Nickelback and the smell of his own farts.

Damn right lmfao

Btw if you’re a Browns fan on Subreddit iconr/nfl karmawhoring and debasing yourself apologizing to other teams fans or whatever you should just turn your orange in now lol

HOLY ****! Is it bad I was literally thinking about how punchable Mason’s face is all day? Especially that angry, pissed off gremlin look running at you. Myles might have been swatting at him like he would swat at some creepy looking creature approaching him. Never know.

Story here:
    Both sides have **** fans. Both sides also have good fans. Reddit is a cesspool of the worst fans.

So supposed to be and emotionless robot?

Isn't the first time and won't be the last time:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WCQHs7rg4w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cynLtor_XIU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFmO...has_verified=1

Heck one even wanted to MMA fight a COMMENTATOR at one time:
    https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports...tagon-1580415/

So it's not like it doesn't happen. He's human too. He has emotions. Should he be smarter about how he carried himself? Absolutely. But to say he shouldn't react because he's a QB is asking him not to have human responses or emotions.

Mason Rudolph likes Nickelback and the smell of his own farts.
    Where is the lie?

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    ok, not dirty, just completely unnecessary given the game was over
    I think the game is played to the end. The Steelers could have kneeled on it, but they chose not to.

Quote Originally Posted by Heediot View Post
    Mason getting suspended would of been fine with me. Him not is fine with me as well. He was frustrated but what he did wasn't anything out of the norm in a football game. What Myles or Mason did before the helmet swing wasn't out of the ordinary and not that ridic. That helmet swing was a rare occurence like 1 in 1k game type of ish and that's being generous. Myles is lucky Mason didn't get hurt like many have said, or he'd be in deeper water.

If he was Ben or a Franchise QB, I as a coach or owner wouldn't want him doing that kind of extra curricular stuff as nothing good will come out of it and your team is dependent on your availability for success. A backup QB, I wouldn't sweat it as much
    Him pulling and twisting on an opponents helmet after a play was over is "ordinary"?

Those are two fights that QBs were involved in, but not started by them, and Jay Cutler shoving someone so lightly it didn't even provoke a reaction.

Sad to see you argue like this just to defend a douche because he's on your team.

And no, NFL QBs are not asked to be emotionless, but they are asked to lead by example.

And the whistle blowing or not blowing has 0 impact. Just because the play is still going on doesn't mean there can't be something illegal happening.
    It actually does change what is and isn't legal, and I still don't think it was illegal.

Says who? This is like some women should be in the kitchen type of comment.

Now if you get a memo from the owner and coach not to fight I can see it. But as a general statement, I don't agree with.

Page 25 of 64 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast