Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 24 of 64 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Stop going back to the clean hit and trying to justify it. Garrett's reason for taking Rudolph down was the lack of a whistle being blown. It wasn't dirty at all.

Rudolph should have been ejected from the game ... so he should probably get a game suspension now.
    So if a whistle isn't blown, you can take a QB to the ground? Wow... you apparently dont' follow the NFL at all. Plays like that have been called RTP for several years. It wasn't called this time, but it is indeed consistently called. It was the end of the game, I'm sure the ref was just hoping the game would end. It should have been called, because it was a penalty... and needless. Garret should never have put himself in that situation. He was either trying to pad stats, or hurt Rudolph.

Oh... and by the way... the "hit" was clean, and fine. It was the wrap up and take down after the hit that was pointless and should have drawn a flag.

Just another reason to find ESPN laughable- they have 2 related headlines about this. One says Garrett suspended indefinitely, the other says Rudolph won't file charges.

While both factually true, it's another inference that the guilt is all Garrett's
    Why do I even still have that site bookmarked.......and why did I just add Disney+ to my streaming when the only extra 'perk' I got was ESPN+....
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by Obabikon View Post
    So if a whistle isn't blown, you can take a QB to the ground? Wow... you apparently dont' follow the NFL at all. Plays like that have been called RTP for several years. It wasn't called this time, but it is indeed consistently called. It was the end of the game, I'm sure the ref was just hoping the game would end. It should have been called, because it was a penalty... and needless. Garret should never have put himself in that situation. He was either trying to pad stats, or hurt Rudolph.
    I disagree. I think you are fundamentally wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Obabikon View Post
    Oh... and by the way... the "hit" was clean, and fine. It was the wrap up and take down after the hit that was pointless and should have drawn a flag.
    If Garrett didn't know the ball was gone (possible) and there was no whistle (there wasn't) his relatively gentle take down was the correct play to make.

If Garrett didn't know the ball was gone (possible) and there was no whistle (there wasn't) his relatively gentle take down was the correct play to make.
    Bingo

Maybe this was just Cleveland's way of getting payback

Stop going back to the clean hit and trying to justify it. Garrett's reason for taking Rudolph down was the lack of a whistle being blown. .
    Because it was a completed pass and the play was still going on.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Because it was a completed pass and the play was still going on.
    True. Doesn't really change what I said though

The rematch should be fun, it'll either be super tame or someone is gonna get hit in the knee.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Maybe this was just Cleveland's way of getting payback

Lol.

Tons of Steelers fans on reddit are acting like their players have never done anything foul. One guy even said the Haslams should pay the Steelers 250k fine. I'm like... wtf? For 20 years those dudes have been taking cheap shots and dirty hits. The AB kick to Lanning's face was laughed about. Joey Porter going near the Browns sideline, spitting in William Green's face before beating him up - that was laughed about. Now we're supposed to pity their organization?

Garrett will serve his suspension - anything more than that, **** 'em. I hope we go in Pittsburgh and beat their ***** again.
    The Baker has come. Believe the hype.

Quote Originally Posted by tp13baby View Post
    Maybe with initial contact, but by rule what he did is roughing the passer.
    It could have been but that late in an already decided game the refs aren't very eager to throw flags.

As mentioned, Rudolph isn't the first QB to be the target of a borderline dirty hit.
    Last edited by QB_Eagles; 11-16-2019 at 03:34 AM.

https://twitter.com/AJFrancis410/status/1195360016548675585

Interesting read and didn't go where I expected it.
    I kinda expected where it went because you posted it. 😂

But it's not like Rudolph randomly did this. Something happened that triggered him. Who knows what it was. Maybe it was something that was said, maybe it's the visual we see of the twisting down, maybe it the the culmination of all the stuff that happened in the game. We don't know. But something triggered him to do something to instigate a fight.
    Probably because he played like trash and wanted to take his frustration out on someone else.

I'm absolutely certain he wouldn't be out there starting fights if the Steelers were winning.
    Last edited by QB_Eagles; 11-16-2019 at 04:03 AM.

Page 24 of 64 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast