Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 64 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by unleashthebeast View Post
    Also, I definitely gained some respect for Pouncey after that play. If any player did that to my QB, I would want all the offensive linemen going after the dude's head
    I like what Damian Woody said:
    This morning in the UPMC everyone has fist bumps for Pouncey and are offering to pay his fine.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    So because he's a QB he shouldn't react?
    If it was OK for Rudolph to react to your imaginary late hit, then it was also OK for Garrett to react to being assaulted.
    Dak: 14,998 @ 66.0%, 7.6 per att, 91+21 TD, 36 INT
    Wentz: 12,992 @ 63.4%, 6.9 per att, 90+3 TD, 35 INT

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    I'll leave PSD if Foles isn't the starter in Jax (or elsewhere) next year.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Quote Originally Posted by prodigy View Post
    Rudolph did charge at Garrett. I saw dummy boy James Harrison saying Garrett would be arrested if they were on the street. actually no, If on the street and someone charges violently at you, you are aloud to defend urself. So no dummy boy Harrison Garrett would not be arrested. Rich coming from the cheapshot Queen himself though.
    Realistically both would have been arrested on the street, probably.

I'm sure some would argue on the street Garrett would be arrested because of his skin color, especially compared to Rudolph's. Maybe the folks claiming Rudolph was justified have the same issue.

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Just stop with this justification of it. Jesus. Getting your own helmet swung at your head isn't "some sort of consequence".

Yes it would have been far less and likely no story if Rudolph pulled Garretts helmet off because it happens.

If at all Garrett was the fly to Mason gettin in shots all night.

Stop trying to justify swinging a helmet like that with reasoning. There's no justification at all.
    Look, I'm not going to pretend Garrett acted unprovoked, because he didn't. Nor am I going to look at the action in a vacuum, because there are other factors at play.

In the hypothetical situation where Rudolph throws that pass untocuhed and Garrett just comes up, rips his helmet off and bonks him on the head, then I'm with you. Throw the book at him, suspended him the 6 games or 16 games or ban him for life, whatever ya gotta do. That hypothetical situation isn't what took place though.

Quote Originally Posted by prodigy View Post
    1. Garrett takes Rudolph to the ground (prob a late hit I cant remember if a flag was thrown, But it wasn't dirty or hard, he just continued to drag Rudolph down.) NFL standards that's a flag.
    Then why do we have video of Rudolph throwing Garrett to the ground and standing over him?

Also, contact started before the ball was released (also conclusive video here) and there was no flag.

NFL standards is for the defender to "wrap up" the QB to take him out of the play, and non-trash QBs stand still and wait for the whistle, then both players let go, slap backs and go back to their sides.

However, Rudolph decided to thrash, twist and throw Garrett to the ground, flop on top of him, and then grab his helmet and start twisting his neck.

These are facts and aren't up for debate.

-Scott van Pelt

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Look, I'm not going to pretend Garrett acted unprovoked, because he didn't. Nor am I going to look at the action in a vacuum, because there are other factors at play.

In the hypothetical situation where Rudolph throws that pass untocuhed and Garrett just comes up, rips his helmet off and bonks him on the head, then I'm with you. Throw the book at him, suspended him the 6 games or 16 games or ban him for life, whatever ya gotta do. That hypothetical situation isn't what took place though.
    Yes other factors are at play, such as Garretts role in escalating the issue to. Is that not true?

The problem is they look at all the issues as individual and it's part in the action of what happened. It's why Garrett will end up with the longest suspension of everyone. His act was the most egregious one that happened. After that is what Pouncey did. What Egunjobi did is seeming very overlooked. In most cases what Mason did ends in a game ejection (not sure why it wasn't) and a fine. That's what the NFL is going to use in determining suspensions. They need to start with how big is Garrett's suspension and move down from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    Then why do we have video of Rudolph throwing Garrett to the ground and standing over him?

Also, contact started before the ball was released (also conclusive video here) and there was no flag.

NFL standards is for the defender to "wrap up" the QB to take him out of the play, and non-trash QBs stand still and wait for the whistle, then both players let go, slap backs and go back to their sides.

However, Rudolph decided to thrash, twist and throw Garrett to the ground, flop on top of him, and then grab his helmet and start twisting his neck.

These are facts and aren't up for debate.
    Holy **** this is twisting the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post

In the hypothetical situation where Rudolph throws that pass untouched and Garrett just comes up, rips his helmet off and bonks him on the head, then I'm with you. Throw the book at him, suspended him the 6 games or 16 games or ban him for life, whatever ya gotta do. That hypothetical situation isn't what took place though.
    When your team's starting QB had issues with two women "asking for it" in public restrooms, you have to invent all kinds of imaginary justification. It becomes easy to keep doing that for whoever else may be on the team it seems.

-Scott van Pelt

Holy **** this is twisting the truth.

I guess the NFL edited the video to add this where Rudolph is grabbing Garrett by the shoulders and throwing him to the ground, eh?

-Scott van Pelt

Rudolph started the whole thing, than plays the victim card to perfection when hes dealt with.

He has a future on Fox News with his pal Tommi

I guess the NFL edited the video to add this where Rudolph is grabbing Garrett by the shoulders and throwing him to the ground, eh?
    Ah yes, I forgot the only truth that exists is the freeze frame moment that you want to make it your story.

You can't be about player safety and not suspend him for the entire season plus.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

They did?

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    They did?

Garrett was an innocent bystander. Mason hit himself in the head and the NFL altered a live broadcast and made it look like Garrett swung the helmet.

Page 10 of 64 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast