Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 34 of 64 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
Results 496 to 510 of 951
  1. #496
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    19,190
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    This I don't buy. He's been playing like this all season. Why now?

    There's more to it than 'played bad'.
    He's not been good, but he's hardly been awful. On Thursday he was flat out awful.

  2. #497
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    15,589
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    So you are letting this one action define his career?
    For me, yes.

  3. #498
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    56,331
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I actually think that's the way it should happen, and I think has happened in the past.

    Do you think going forward a player should be suspended for a game for trying to remove an opponents head?
    It's only happened 1 time in the past: Juju Smith-Schuester's block of Vontez Burfict.

    Not on 1st offense. There's very few things that I think should be instant suspensions in the NFL without a buildup of fines first.

    I'll ask the same for you:
    If the NFL comes out Monday and says "We messed up not suspending Mason Rudolph, but because the other suspension were built off having Mason not suspended, we're adding an extra game to Myles Garrett, Maurkice Pouncey, and Larry Ogunjobi"; would you still be in favor of Mason being suspended for a game?

  4. #499
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    56,331
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    For me, yes.
    So then your opinion of Garrett is dirty player then? I mean he's now punched a player and swung a helmet at a player.

  5. #500
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    48,734
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    So supposed to be and emotionless robot?

    Isn't the first time and won't be the last time:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WCQHs7rg4w

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cynLtor_XIU

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFmO...has_verified=1

    Heck one even wanted to MMA fight a COMMENTATOR at one time:
    https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports...tagon-1580415/

    So it's not like it doesn't happen. He's human too. He has emotions. Should he be smarter about how he carried himself? Absolutely. But to say he shouldn't react because he's a QB is asking him not to have human responses or emotions.
    You could add Jim Kelly giving him the business.


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  6. #501
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    56,331
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    You could add Jim Kelly giving him the business.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXOuvndUVdY

    Damn I completely forgot about that. And he's pushing/pulling at the defenders helmet. Never suspended right?

  7. #502
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    10,146
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I actually think that's the way it should happen, and I think has happened in the past.

    Do you think going forward a player should be suspended for a game for trying to remove an opponents head?
    Firstly, nobody's trying to remove anyone's head....if that were the case, suspension would be the least of his concerns.

    As I mentioned, attempting to remove a player's head GEAR should result in an ejection, then suspension if deemed egregious on league review.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  8. #503
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    56,331
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Firstly, nobody's trying to remove anyone's head....if that were the case, suspension would be the least of his concerns.

    As I mentioned, attempting to remove a player's head GEAR should result in an ejection, then suspension if deemed egregious on league review.
    I do wonder if Garrett didn't swing the helmet, would they see attempting to remove a helmet and actually removing one as getting the same punishment.

    Like, lets say they didn't say indefinite with Garrett and they said 6 games (plus playoffs) and it's 1 for removing the helmet and 5 for swinging it; would it make attempting by Mason understandable as to why there's no suspension? Or if they said it was 2 games for removing the helmet and 4 for swinging it?

    As for how much danger was Myles in from what Mason was doing ("attempting to remove his head"), research shows.....very little:
    https://www.reference.com/science/mu...63a950df2b98f0

    https://www.quora.com/How-hard-is-it...ould-be-needed

    https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/NeckSnap

    It seems as though to do it takes an extreme amount of force, perfect technique, and almost needs to be prefect form in order for it to happen.

  9. #504
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    987
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I do wonder if Garrett didn't swing the helmet, would they see attempting to remove a helmet and actually removing one as getting the same punishment.

    Like, lets say they didn't say indefinite with Garrett and they said 6 games (plus playoffs) and it's 1 for removing the helmet and 5 for swinging it; would it make attempting by Mason understandable as to why there's no suspension? Or if they said it was 2 games for removing the helmet and 4 for swinging it?

    As for how much danger was Myles in from what Mason was doing ("attempting to remove his head"), research shows.....very little:
    https://www.reference.com/science/mu...63a950df2b98f0

    https://www.quora.com/How-hard-is-it...ould-be-needed

    https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/NeckSnap

    It seems as though to do it takes an extreme amount of force, perfect technique, and almost needs to be prefect form in order for it to happen.
    The issue here is intent.

    What was Mason going to do if he got Garrett's helmet off on the ground? We will never know.

    Once he was up and charging at a restrained Garrett, if he didn't get bopped on the head, what was he going to do? Again, we will never know.

    Remember he was 'angry and had a bone to pick'.

    Rudolph getting nothing has to do with 1. He is playing a protected position in the NFL. There are so many rules protecting the QB, they're the league's sweethearts. 2. The Browns being the armpit of the league for the past 20 or 30 years. Even more so as of late. 3. Not going to get into this one much, vaguely been touched on here and we can all make our own assumptions as to what it is.

  10. #505
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    56,331
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    The issue here is intent.

    What was Mason going to do if he got Garrett's helmet off on the ground? We will never know.

    Once he was up and charging at a restrained Garrett, if he didn't get bopped on the head, what was he going to do? Again, we will never know.

    Remember he was 'angry and had a bone to pick'.

    Rudolph getting nothing has to do with 1. He is playing a protected position in the NFL. There are so many rules protecting the QB, they're the league's sweethearts. 2. The Browns being the armpit of the league for the past 20 or 30 years. Even more so as of late. 3. Not going to get into this one much, vaguely been touched on here and we can all make our own assumptions as to what it is.
    So you want him suspended on perceived intent and what ifs?

  11. #506
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    56,331

  12. #507
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    15,589
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    So then your opinion of Garrett is dirty player then? I mean he's now punched a player and swung a helmet at a player.
    Not really dirty because what Garrett did was egregious. A dirty player is someone who continually crosses the line just a little bit, but Garrett went way over the line in one instance.

  13. #508
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    15,589
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXOuvndUVdY

    Damn I completely forgot about that. And he's pushing/pulling at the defenders helmet. Never suspended right?
    Are you joking? If you think Jim Kelly is at fault here you're worse than Bullseyed.

  14. #509
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    56,331
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Not really dirty because what Garrett did was egregious. A dirty player is someone who continually crosses the line just a little bit, but Garrett went way over the line in one instance.
    So punching Delanie Walker isn't crossing the line? 2 late hits, 1 of which ended a players season isn't crossing the line?

    Seems as though the guy that's done multiple things is getting a pass because of how far over the line he went while the other is getting his career defined.

  15. #510
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    56,331
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Are you joking? If you think Jim Kelly is at fault here you're worse than Bullseyed.
    Jim Kelly was under the defender tugging at the helmet, no? I didn't comment on the fault, rather the actions.

Page 34 of 64 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •