Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 18 of 64 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    At least Garrett has attempted to take the high road.
    Taking the high road, because someone told him if he didn't... his career might be over.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Sure, and a brick is literally rock and has sharp edges. One helmet hit to the top of the head isn't going to kill him. And maybe Mason shouldn't have started this whole ideal then it wouldn't have happened.
    A good comment elsewhere was "after seeing Mason try to throw a ball, we can say with certainty a punch would be underthrown and off target".
    Dak: 15,778 @ 65.8%, 7.6 per att, 97+21 TD, 36 INT+31 FMB, 97.0 Rate
    Wentz: 14,191 @ 63.8%, 6.9 per att, 97+3 TD, 35 INT+48 FMB, 92.7 Rate

I'll leave PSD if Foles isn't the starter in Jax (or elsewhere) next year.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Doesn't mean he doesn't support his teammate ... chances are team PR made him change it.
    That wasn't what I was implying. I was implying too bad the teammate couldn't take the high road.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Still, Garrett was wrong, and he admitted it immediately. He didn't commit a crime, if he did then crimes happen on football fields regularly. What could have happened doesn't matter, it didn't happen. Anybody playing football could die on every play playing completely within the rules.

Garrett's penalty is fine. Rudolph getting none and not admitting any part in it is bush league BS.

Keep in mind, Kevin Gogan said his hand was broken so he could get a cast to beat on people's heads while playing the game. Neil Smith got punched by Gogan and retaliated with a shot to the chest, Gogan didn't like it and kicked Smith in the jewels so hard he lifted a large man several inches into the air. The ref told him that it was the most vicious thing he'd seen in decades of officiating NFL games. Gogan was ejected for the kick FROM THE PRO-BOWL! He could have killed Smith, he could have ended his ability to father children. Neither happened and he wasn't even suspended. That was 20 years ago and things have changed, but this idea that it's at all shocking or new is just silly.

Garrett went over the line, no question, but it's not new, it's not a crime, and Rudolph should certainly pay for his actions too.
    Disagree. Myles Garrett absolutely committed a crime. He likely won't be charged but that doesn't mean he couldn't be.
    Last edited by hughest4; 11-15-2019 at 05:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hughest4 View Post
    Disagree. Myles Garrett absolutely committed a crime. He likely won't be charged but that doesn't mean he couldn't be.
    Cleveland PD has said they won't investigate because they don't believe they have the right to investigate what happens on a professional sports field.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Imagine if Garrett was a trained boxer.

BTW I <3 you haha only cuz we ain't playing again til week 17.
    Lol, it's easier to be nice to the Steelers when they're in the middle of a lost season. Regardless of the Steelers record though, this is how I would feel on this situation. It was disgusting

Quote Originally Posted by Obabikon View Post
    I get that Rudolph shouldn't have tried to remove Garret's helmet, but I'm tired of hearing people say he instigated it. Garret drove him to the ground LONG after the ball was gone... in a game where you're up 14 with 10 seconds left.... F THAT! Garret started it with THAT move. Rudolph had absolutely no business trying to take Garret's helmet off. He should probably get a game suspension for that. Garret though needs to be done for the year. Maybe longer. Pouncey and Ogunjobi should get a game each.
    Was Garrett's hit/tackle illegal?

#DingerSZN
    #AllenWatch
    End of Season Stats
    .542AVG/.562OBP/.889SLG/1.451OPS/21RBIs/3Dingers(1 grand slam)
    Selected to All-Conference Team
    Selected First Team All-District Team
    Selected First Team All-Region Team
    Verbal Commitment to State Fair Community College

Cleveland PD has said they won't investigate because they don't believe they have the right to investigate what happens on a professional sports field.
    That's a bunch of BS. I'm sure if a Steelers player hit a Browns player with their helmet they would have the right to investigate it.

That's a bunch of BS. I'm sure if a Steelers player hit a Browns player with their helmet they would have the right to investigate it.
    Kinda feels like the collegetown cop attitude.

https://twitter.com/Steelersdepot/status/1195457898303721472
    The woman makes Rudolph's face during the fight, so why did they put her face on Garrett?

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    The woman makes Rudolph's face during the fight, so why did they put her face on Garrett?
    I dunno. Because the cat reaction is more funny on Rudolph.

It was certainly VERY late... well after the ball was gone, and he then proceeded to needlessly wrap him up and take him to the ground.

Completely agree with this. Just because the Cleveland police doesn't want to take action, doesn't mean a crime wasn't committed. It was assault with a weapon outside of the action of play. Several professional athletes have been charged for similar actions. (Pacers brawl and hockey Bertuzzi and also the McSorley incident)...

No. He hit him as he released the ball. Tbh, don't even know for sure if Garrett knew Rudolph had gotten rid of the ball. To me there was nothing malicious about the play until Rudolph tried to foolishly rip Garrett's helmet off.
    It was also cute how tough Rudolph got when he had 2 other behemoth teammates standing there with him.

Page 18 of 64 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast