Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Yeah, but he was on a minimum contract the last time around. That's a lot of money to us, but to an owner of a team worth $1 billion+, it's nothing. The risk was pretty minimal from a financial standpoint then, just as it's nonexistent now.

Financially, that's not the issue. It's how he impacts the product on the court. But for a team like Portland that's already in a hole and slipping fast, I get why they're trying something new. And you could argue that the risk to them is less than it was to Houston, who signed him in the offseason coming off a 65-win season. Worst case scenario, Portland continues to suck and Melo makes them a little worse.
    Yeah, we already discussed this at length with Dwight Howard's current contract. I forgot.

Portland can just cut him prior to January 7th without any financial repercussions on their books. Rockets didn't have that option since his deal was guaranteed and Tilman Fertitta didn't want to pay the luxury tax, cutting Melo outright would've did just that, hence why he was traded to the Bulls.

how many pounds has he gained since not playing for a year.

The Blazers already regretting that they let go of Aminu and Harkless. And now desperately make a move for Melo? Yikes

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    The Blazers already regretting that they let go of Aminu and Harkless. And now desperately make a move for Melo? Yikes
    what annoys me the most is they have such a simple easy fix to make their team better.... trade cj for a haul... someone will give up a **** ton

CJ to the heat for dragic and one of their young studs.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    what annoys me the most is they have such a simple easy fix to make their team better.... trade cj for a haul... someone will give up a **** ton

I doubt Miami would do that. CJ is having a horrendous start to the season.

On topic, eventually idiots might shift some of the blame to Anthony if/when the Blazers keep losing. In all honesty the problem is Whiteside. Few people really understand his uselessness. Many analysts do though:

https://www.nbcsports.com/northwest/...frye-isnt-sure

https://heatnation.com/videos/kendri...l-blazers/amp/

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/t...er-criticisms/

https://ripcityproject.com/2019/11/0...n-whiteside-2/

His numbers plain lie. He plays with very little effort and mediocre defensive IQ. He sets some of the worst screens of any big man in the league. He clogs the paint. He's flat out the worst passing starter in the entire NBA. They were better off keeping Leonard and Harkless and using the MLE on a guy like WCS.

Wish him the best. He's had it hard ever since leaving New York. I really doubt Portland is the right place for him to be now. He'd be better off going for rotation role in a team like the Lakers, the Bucks or back to Denver where the lights are not on him.

I truly consider him the best "pure" scorer in the NBA of the last 15 years. He's the kind of guy that relies on his amazing basketball skills rather than his athleticism (enter Durant who is also immense and I consider him the best spot up shooter since Larry Bird to play in a forward position, but I cannot see him maintaining this extremely high level after he turns 32 or 33).

If Melo stays fit, he can help any team with scoring problems for several more years. But knee problems will eventually catch up with that.

Really hoped he'd return to New York though. The last great player we had in his prime and I'm not sure when the next one is coming.
    Last edited by NYKalltheway; 11-17-2019 at 09:43 AM.

Melo aight just like Howard. Days of being a star is behind them. In the right role still productive NBA players.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post

Trading CJ would be a big mistake. First, we are never going to get as much value back and second, he is vital as a secondary ballhandler and ISO scorer, particularly when Lillard goes cold. Without him teams will just smother Lillard and no one else will be able to make them pay for it.

We are better off trying to package everything else for LMA, Griffin or Draymond or someone like that.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Trading CJ would be a big mistake. First, we are never going to get as much value back and second, he is vital as a secondary ballhandler and ISO scorer, particularly when Lillard goes cold. Without him teams will just smother Lillard and no one else will be able to make them pay for it.

We are better off trying to package everything else for LMA, Griffin or Draymond or someone like that.
    i dunno man... with the love someone like booker gets and these packages for DLO i feel like the NBA would over value the **** out of thinking CJ is a superstar and go in for him.

Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    Melo aight just like Howard. Days of being a star is behind them. In the right role still productive NBA players.
    They're totally different players. Melo cant play D, Dwight can. That makes them useful. The only way Melo makes this work if his shot starts dropping again. Hes not like a Ron Harper who was an intelligent defender, he has to become what VC became, a deadly set shooter who can play off the ball to help a team now. I dont know if his knees are up to it.

Luckily he didnt play last night or the scapegoating would have started. Just like how the Rox struggled with/without him to begin the year and he was scapegoated. Theres more factors vs. just Melo faut.

lmao, -20 first game. keeping that reputation going for worst +/- in the league. how long are the blazers going to experiment with this?

4-14 with 5 turnovers and a team leading -20... was putrid on defense..... IT WONT GET BETTER lol

Quote Originally Posted by blahblahyoutoo View Post
    lmao, -20 first game. keeping that reputation going for worst +/- in the league. how long are the blazers going to experiment with this?
    They have a little under 7 weeks, if they use it all is a different story.

I actually watched the 2nd half of the game last night. Lots of camping out around the arc but to be fair the guy probably doesnít have a clue how their offence works just yet.

On defence itís just sad. No boxing out and just watches shots go up without even the slightest effort to crash the boards. Switched on literally every screen that was set on him too.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast