Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2028293031 LastLast
    Marc Berman Retweeted

Knicks Fan TV �� �� �� ��‏ @KnicksFanTv 2h2 hours ago

Today's #knicksbackpage courtesy if the NY Post. After his best game of the season against the Mavs, the Knicks and DSJ hope it's a sign of things to come.

How can any knick fan not root for this kid for so many reasons?

If we get one thing out of this season it's having Mitch, RJ, Frank, DSj, Knox develop, if we can get Dot, Trier fantastic.
    If we can Randle to play to his strengths, more gravy.......Morris sounds like a guy that wants to be a Knick next year, not sure that is happening passed February.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    yea because DSJ and Mitch look terrible together? Biv?
    DSjr hasn't looked good by himself, let alone with others and why are you putting so much emphasis on one game? I know what Payton can give this team and we're all still hoping for what DSjr can bring and until he does it consistently, like we know Payton can, what's wrong with hoping we have our best on the court to help develop our kids?

Any comment that doesn't pump up DSjr isn't a knock on him.

i feel like with RJ here, at the end of the day we need an elite shooter at PG. DSJR even if he pans out will never be a shooter.

If we get one thing out of this season it's having Mitch, RJ, Frank, DSj, Knox develop, if we can get Dot, Trier fantastic.
    If we can Randle to play to his strengths, more gravy.......Morris sounds like a guy that wants to be a Knick next year, not sure that is happening passed February.
    I would love the Knicks to trade Morris at the deadline, then sign him again next summer, ala Yankees and Chapman a few yrs ago. That would be the best of both worlds.

i mean people asked the same for Frank who is the home grown kid.

no one's rooting against DSJR there just have always been a lot of red flags with him. and alot of fit issues with RJ & Mitch being arguably our best prospects.

anyone outside of RJ that plays well at the very least if upping their trade value.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    i feel like with RJ here, at the end of the day we need an elite shooter at PG. DSJR even if he pans out will never be a shooter.
    right now it appears that way, but everyone said that about Russell at the same age, interesting huh, then he made the allstar team then he got a max deal.

Listen end of the day if DSJ pans out and he comes off the bench, well yea wow, that is great for the team which means we have better at the PG spot.

RJ is 19 his shot looks smooth, just not connecting, he will I have all the faith it will. That will help also.

It was clear that when DSjr plays with passion and heart, he can be very good. When it comes to a long term piece, you just have to keep your eyes on the players mental. Work ethic, attitude, etc. Lets see where DS goes from here. I love what he could possibly bring to the table but will he be motivated to do it nightly?...we'll see

btw, CP3 had one hell of a game last night, he looked young........he will be traded, and if we don't start showing something from the PG spot, our FO may just go for him to save face.

I actually can see the + and - to making a trade, but only if a pick returns with it, but then there are still negatives with his contract and age, but I think he has at min two years left out the three and the main positive is he will greatly help a RJ, Frank and even DSJ if either of these two even stay with the trade.

It's highly doubtful even for this FO but desperate people do desperate things. Less than a month till that scenario can actually happen.

But other teams are more set up for CP3 and he makes them contenders , he will be moved, I think that is a sure thing.

right now it appears that way, but everyone said that about Russell at the same age, interesting huh, then he made the allstar team then he got a max deal.

Listen end of the day if DSJ pans out and he comes off the bench, well yea wow, that is great for the team which means we have better at the PG spot.

RJ is 19 his shot looks smooth, just not connecting, he will I have all the faith it will. That will help also.
    I don't recall anyone every questioning Dlo's shooting ability which is what I'm referring to.

cp3 makes no sense... $44m in 2021 at age 37? not only are you worsening your pick odds this year but you are taking yourself out of '21 FAgency? why exactly?

the time to get a PG was this past summer and we passed... time to move on and draft a PG and add assets.

cp3 makes no sense... $44m in 2021 at age 37? not only are you worsening your pick odds this year but you are taking yourself out of '21 FAgency? why exactly?

the time to get a PG was this past summer and we passed... time to move on and draft a PG and add assets.
    Seriously, anybody who's anybody always finds a way to work out a sign and trade in these situations. I'm really on the fence about CP3 but his injury history is where I think I draw the line and call it a no. It's not about age because he's effective when he plays and its not about not being able to participate in FA in 2 yrs because we don't have good players that want to come here.

It's about developing RJ, Mitch, and Knox the right way, with a pg who can get them shots in the correct spots. I would be a full yes but CP3 just can't stay healthy and can't be relied upon because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    Seriously, anybody who's anybody always finds a way to work out a sign and trade in these situations. I'm really on the fence about CP3 but his injury history is where I think I draw the line and call it a no. It's not about age because he's effective when he plays and its not about not being able to participate in FA in 2 yrs because we don't have good players that want to come here.

It's about developing RJ, Mitch, and Knox the right way, with a pg who can get them shots in the correct spots. I would be a full yes but CP3 just can't stay healthy and can't be relied upon because of it.
    if our core develops that could change, no reason to take yourself out of hte FA game. and we can get good players. Morris is a good player... Randle is a good player just not a good fit... we cant get superstars but good players can come

if our core develops that could change, no reason to take yourself out of hte FA game. and we can get good players. Morris is a good player... Randle is a good player just not a good fit... we cant get superstars but good players can come
    Randles contract comes off and we have no major financial commitments in CP3's final yr which would leave another 30 plus mill to spend if we didn't add a major piece this summer.

I agree with this. Our problem has always been over doing it when the stars turn us down. Robin Lopez Ok. Noah and Rose ewww. Same thing this year. We brought in too many guys. I think they felt they needed at least one name, hance Randle and felt they had to spend all the other money.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2028293031 LastLast