Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nicnac View Post
    I wonder how many Hall of famers ended with a negative number

In many facets of life, stats has greatly overruled common sense and the eye test.

Man must continue to try to prove that their intelligence is the end all and be all of existence..

Well, as you talk math, I will say that THERE IS A GOD, who is greater than these braniacs. 😁
    i would imagine NONE tbh

basketball is a team sport so its hard to quantify with any ONE stat, especially on a 1 game basis. but +/- , like many other stats, over the long run, will usually tell a good story about a player.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    I know, and you watch Boston and you scratch your head, they had games Tatum didn't show up and win, they now have key player out, and still win? I think Kemba found a great place and as great as Kryie is he needs KD to make that team go.

the argument there is only one BB well, GS kind of negates that but Kyrie is also not Curry, and he does need the ball, and not sure how they will do next year either, on paper it looks amazing so we shall see, also pending how KD returns from the injury.
    Maybe Kyrie is another Marbury type... Marbuery for all his good #'s, played in such a manner, with such a demeanor, that it just sucked hte life out of the team.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    Nets are 4-7 and BOS is 10-1...

makes you wonder about Kyrie.
    very true. I think Kyrie really slows the game down. He is a head case and dribbles a lot but i think he gets too much **** for being a ball stopper. He should get some but i think it is more then that. He not a great passer but he isn't terrible either and he is a very good efficent scorer. He is also a bad defender. i still think NJ should be about a .500 this year. if they can't manage that with health you really have to question Kyrie

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

I'm not sure where that chinajoe got his stats lol but why not go straight to the NBA stats page?

https://stats.nba.com/team/161061275...s-traditional/

obviously team wise it's not pretty? Everyone's +/- not so good.

I've always said this on here and posters pick and choose when to use certain stats or tweets......look your naked eye can tell you he's a good defender, but these stats, I mean if you going to use them then how about per 100 possessions which is still not a proper stat to use because there are 4 other players on the court wit you.

+/- Net per 100 poss
    Dotson 20.2
    Payton 15.2
    Ellington 5.3
    Frank 4.4
    Portis 3.3

And to show you the guy with the highest PER Mitch has a -3.7

We now need to get Frank's offense just up to below average and then we have something, and we need him on the wing.
    Guys last year were all over Trey because of 3 point shooting and getting to the FT line......hello?

Frank at PG at drawn 2 fouls, do you even think any PG in the NBA comes close to that, that is not per game folks which is below average that is in total..........you cannot have a PG in this here NBA only drawing 2 fouls.

FYI- RJ leads the team with shooting fouls at 32 for the season. Randle and Morris have 25/24 and then Knox who is driving more at 16.........

This team who cannot shoot needs it's PG to draw fouls by penetrating putting pressure on the opposition.

Our PG's not counting RJ have a total of 7 for the season, think about that? Now Payton and DSJ have missed a lot but still this is part of the problem with having Randle handling the ball when Frank run's point with all the TO's.

IDK, but when Payton returns it's going to be interesting seeing Frank's time at what position, because he earned court time for his defense and I honestly feel he now has the self confidence to start hitting wide open shots.

Maybe we will see a small sample size of DSJ, Frank, Morris, Portis, Mitch........if Frank hits open looks with Portis and Morris ability on the outside and DSJ able to penetrate and work well with Mitch, could be a fun lineup, not to mention you have 3 good defensive players and if DSJ brings the defense he played against Dallas all the better.

I also found it interesting the only player on the roster with a + BPM is Mitch at 7.2, Payton and Knox and Frank are -.9, -1.2 and -1.3 respectively........again pick and choose the stat you want you can make so many arguments.
    its ok if Frank isn't a full time PG though, he's proven he has a very good handle at least, he's improved his handle quite a bit since year 1. He makes the simple, correct passes most of the time, but that's not a bad thing. how many times do we wish that guys like Randle, Morris, Portis, Trier...etc.. would just make the simple, correct pass?

I've always felt secondary ballhandler/playmaker would be his best role, and perhaps playing some backup PG minutes.

Maybe Kyrie is another Marbury type... Marbuery for all his good #'s, played in such a manner, with such a demeanor, that it just sucked hte life out of the team.
    I actually think he's more Stevie Francis type player with that handle only more consistent.

Have to wonder if Steph had anything close to a Lebron or KD how things could have changed? Getting him Francis/ Curry, etc etc etc........well not good lol

If Taj is hurt, tonight is the night that Knox should get his first start. Move Morris to PF and Randle to C because Charlotte has NO bigs to worry about.

I'm not sure where that chinajoe got his stats lol but why not go straight to the NBA stats page?

https://stats.nba.com/team/161061275...s-traditional/

obviously team wise it's not pretty? Everyone's +/- not so good.
    I believe NBA.com uses total +/-, so guys like Barrett who play a ton of minutes on a horrible team will have the worst ratings... I don't really like that system because if you're a bad team everyone will have a negative, and the more minutes you play the worse it will be. so then you have guys like Dotson & Iggy with the best "rating" b/c they've played less than everyone else.

Basketballreference uses Net rating for on/off which I think is much better.

for instance, if your team loses by 10, but when RJ is out there they only get outscored by 6, well RJ has a +4 NET rating.

Frank for instance, you can see the offense is about the same whether he's on court or off, but the defense takes a nosedive when he's on the bench.

https://www.basketball-reference.com...01/on-off/2020

its ok if Frank isn't a full time PG though, he's proven he has a very good handle at least, he's improved his handle quite a bit since year 1. He makes the simple, correct passes most of the time, but that's not a bad thing. how many times do we wish that guys like Randle, Morris, Portis, Trier...etc.. would just make the simple, correct pass?

I've always felt secondary ballhandler/playmaker would be his best role, and perhaps playing some backup PG minutes.
    Bro hug. You deserve a bro hug and a beer. That's exactly what I hope for Frank. Perhaps one day he will be a Niolcas Batum player for us.

yes, we agree.......let's not go back in history though lol.........J/K

Again Payton returns if Fiz does give Frank min at the wing at who's expense? Now we finally have Dot getting some burn. Trier and Ellington now are already on the bench? RJ won't be affected, but can see him getting more min at SF, even if Morris gets 32m that still leaves 16 minutes for RJ to play there and Frank in at wing and give RJ same 32m and that gives 32 total wing min available........so if Frank stays around 25 that could still leave Dot with 7 depending the night and how fouls and how he's playing.

But who knows, I just think Payton will play and we all know DSJ will come off the bench getting 20-25m depending on the night.

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    If Taj is hurt, tonight is the night that Knox should get his first start. Move Morris to PF and Randle to C because Charlotte has NO bigs to worry about.
    NY_KnicksPR‏Verified account @NY_KnicksPR · 20h20 hours ago

Medical Update: RJ Barrett (contused right quadricep), Taj Gibson (sore left plantar fascia) and Frank Ntilikina (sore left abdomen and groin) did not practice today and are all listed as probable for tomorrow’s home game against Charlotte.

NY_KnicksPR‏Verified account @NY_KnicksPR

Follow Follow @NY_KnicksPR

Mitchell Robinson’s NBA statistical rankings: 1st in ORB% (15.2; min. 18 mpg); 3rd in true shooting percentage (76.2; min. 8GP), 3rd in PER (30.86); and 9th in blocks per game (1.8; min. 8GP).

RJ, Knox, and Mitch have not been good 6 of the last 8 games. Get Payton on the court asap

Knicks’ Dennis Smith regains groove after channeling Tony Parker

By Marc Berman

https://nypost.com/2019/11/16/knicks...site%20buttons

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    RJ, Knox, and Mitch have not been good 6 of the last 8 games. Get Payton on the court asap
    yea because DSJ and Mitch look terrible together? Biv?

Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 LastLast