Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast
    DSjr's measurements, including weight, haven't changed since becoming a pro.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    well a poster posts that he came out of shape the forum runs with it?

He was pronounced out of shape due to the back injury, he posted every single day his workouts this summer, you saw them, I saw them the world saw them, he traveled all over the place to play, the back injury slowed him down and then he probably didn't do much with his mom passing.

Hate to say it but his mom passing helped him with time off from a perspective of his back healing if you didn't notice the difference , I thought it was quite apparent. He may be out of shape but he didn't come to camp out of shape that is for sure.....

this one you really need to give him a break, and take the positive, that back injury wasn't good obviously now he looks healed.
    It was Hahn himself saying the organization felt he was out of shape and that there were grumblings in DAL that he quit after Carlise benched him.

but I mean all you have to do is look at him, he looks chubby and he looked completely gassed when Frank got in foul trouble and he had to play 7-8 straight min.

he's def not in shape and If he really lost 15 lbs he either gained it right back or he was huge during the offseason before losing it.

Lets just hope DS can be a consistent force and threat at pg. That's what we badly need.

well advantage Knicks tomorrow, Charlotte playing Detroit tonight then has to fly to NY....hey it's something.

This is where a veteran pg would of helped, but nooo ... we signed Payton.
    Don't give up on what you believe in, on what you root for, and on what you hope for.

Maybe not today, but someday things will turn around.
    Until that day, I will cheer and hope everyday. No matter what.

Go Knicks.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    well advantage Knicks tomorrow, Charlotte playing Detroit tonight then has to fly to NY....hey it's something.
    We own a Detroit pick ?

Joseph Flynn
    @ChinaJoeFlynn
    26m
    Net Rating for the current Knicks starters:
    Frank: +5.5
    RJ: -2.5
    Morris: +0.1
    Randle: -2.1
    Taj --3.9

As someone who did all the calcs and physics in school I can't tell y'all how much I despise those +/- ratings

Quote Originally Posted by SoulBrotha View Post
    As someone who did all the calcs and physics in school I can't tell y'all how much I despise those +/- ratings
    Well I also read KP has the worst plus and minus of any starter in the league, not sure if that is true. Calculus was easier then Trig and Geometry. The way they teach math is backward. You can teach algebra with trig and introduce geometry after you started with calculus. Calculus has way more applications to most fields, and so does algebra and trig. Geometry just has tons of formulas to learn depending on the shape your doing. But that was when I grew up. Maybe what I am describing is how you were tought.

Soul also the way they tought Physics was bad. One summer I read this book and it provided the framework to understand how Physics works and it my daughter should read it this summer as I want her to be more intellectually curious. This book makes physics and math less intimidating, " Understanding Physics " by Isaac Asimov. Sorry for this on a Knicks board, lol.

Nets are 4-7 and BOS is 10-1...

makes you wonder about Kyrie.

I've always said this on here and posters pick and choose when to use certain stats or tweets......look your naked eye can tell you he's a good defender, but these stats, I mean if you going to use them then how about per 100 possessions which is still not a proper stat to use because there are 4 other players on the court wit you.

+/- Net per 100 poss
    Dotson 20.2
    Payton 15.2
    Ellington 5.3
    Frank 4.4
    Portis 3.3

And to show you the guy with the highest PER Mitch has a -3.7

We now need to get Frank's offense just up to below average and then we have something, and we need him on the wing.
    Guys last year were all over Trey because of 3 point shooting and getting to the FT line......hello?

Frank at PG at drawn 2 fouls, do you even think any PG in the NBA comes close to that, that is not per game folks which is below average that is in total..........you cannot have a PG in this here NBA only drawing 2 fouls.

FYI- RJ leads the team with shooting fouls at 32 for the season. Randle and Morris have 25/24 and then Knox who is driving more at 16.........

This team who cannot shoot needs it's PG to draw fouls by penetrating putting pressure on the opposition.

Our PG's not counting RJ have a total of 7 for the season, think about that? Now Payton and DSJ have missed a lot but still this is part of the problem with having Randle handling the ball when Frank run's point with all the TO's.

IDK, but when Payton returns it's going to be interesting seeing Frank's time at what position, because he earned court time for his defense and I honestly feel he now has the self confidence to start hitting wide open shots.

Maybe we will see a small sample size of DSJ, Frank, Morris, Portis, Mitch........if Frank hits open looks with Portis and Morris ability on the outside and DSJ able to penetrate and work well with Mitch, could be a fun lineup, not to mention you have 3 good defensive players and if DSJ brings the defense he played against Dallas all the better.

I also found it interesting the only player on the roster with a + BPM is Mitch at 7.2, Payton and Knox and Frank are -.9, -1.2 and -1.3 respectively........again pick and choose the stat you want you can make so many arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post

Think most of us only wanted Kyrie if be brought KD with him once KD got injured didn't make sense to get him. Had KP remained with us getting Kemba or Kyrie would have been fine. If KP had wanted to remain Kyrie and KP with maybe Morris and Taj would have been great for the Easy East. Mitch,KP, Morris, RJ, and Kyrie or Kemba. However, KP didn't want TO stay and maybe the lineup I mentioned would just have had us a 2cd round play off team with mid first round draft picks and no cap space

I wonder how many Hall of famers ended with a negative number

In many facets of life, stats has greatly overruled common sense and the eye test.

Man must continue to try to prove that their intelligence is the end all and be all of existence..

Well, as you talk math, I will say that THERE IS A GOD, who is greater than these braniacs. 😁
    Last edited by nicnac; 11-16-2019 at 10:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post

I know, and you watch Boston and you scratch your head, they had games Tatum didn't show up and win, they now have key player out, and still win? I think Kemba found a great place and as great as Kryie is he needs KD to make that team go.

the argument there is only one BB well, GS kind of negates that but Kyrie is also not Curry, and he does need the ball, and not sure how they will do next year either, on paper it looks amazing so we shall see, also pending how KD returns from the injury.

Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast