Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    What you fail to realize is that the Knicks would've never had a chance to win AGAIN tonight, if it were not for the real PG play DSjr. Frank had zero impact ion the game until the last 3 min which is great but lets not pretend his contribution was as valuable as DS's last night. If DS didn't look like he was about too die on the court, you probably would've never saw Frank again last night.
    Yea Dsjr did great job making life easier for Mitch before that Mitch was such a inefficient scorer lol. Hopefully next game dsjr can get Randle and Morris going too.

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

Wow Mitch is actually 2nd in the league in per ahead of Luka and behind Freak lol.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    Mitch is always in foul trouble, especially with this roster. but not sure why you're harping on Frank's fouls so much, he rarely ever even gets to 5. averages only 2.5 for the year
    you know he has played games with 2 min, 14 min and 18 seconds right? Kind of helps that 2.5 right? How about per 36?

His per 36 min fouls is 3.7, that is high and gotten him put on the bench and Fiz protects him agreed?

He has 5 fouls per 100 possessions, that is a lot. And sadly they are just for the most part ticky tac, which will improve but so far he's basically matching his career numbers in every category of fouls.

the harping is how much credit a player who played 18 min with 5 fouls got for the win, sorry just bit much.

I just wish it would calm down a bit and not take away from the rest of what's going on.....I know that's a lot to ask and won't happen and makes me the villain but whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    Wow Mitch is actually 2nd in the league in per ahead of Luka and behind Freak lol.

I made a post last season about his per, he was off the charts......this is not new, he's a freak, and still young.

I know some will say yea but he just dunks and put backs? Okay why don't all centers have that skill set?

I just hope soon he shoots 15 footers like Q did for us, no reason he can't the way he shoots FT's, he may be one of our best FT shooters on the entire team.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmagic387 View Post
    I know it was one game and I already said I have given up on DSJ but he was damn good yesterday. He showed flashes of playmaking and he can get to the hole at will. His handles compared to Frank are far better. As inefficient as he is, he has the potential and raw ability we need at point as long as we focuses on play making, driving, and passing. He needs to understand he isn't a good enough shooter to take some of the shots he did last year. If he can show a couple more games like that I easily think you have to focus on him over Frank.

Frank is practically a zero on offense, yes his D is good but I weight the game more towards offense anyway.

Let's see if DSJ can get consistently good at creating plays.

BTW, Mitch is just ridiculous. Randle and Morris shouldn't even be on the court. We need to bench Randle asap and have Mitch play as much as possible, he is just a game changer on both sides of the balls with just his raw ability alone. He literally doesn't even know how to play and he is a monster. A good coach/staff could turn him into a stud like Gobert or something.
    He was very good but I don't know if he can be consistently good at getting penetration with the defense giving him a massive cushion. He did it last night. Lets see how if plays out

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

It's one game is right. We need consistent play from these guys and not just motivational effort based on the competition. DSjr and Randle were both given the 3 ball ALL night and we need to recognize that. If these two are playing with Mitch and RJ, I imagine we'll continue to be last in points in the paint cause no one is penetrating through 4 guys..just ask Randle

It doesnít need to be an either/or game with Frank and DSJ. They both played very well, giving the edge to DSJ. And itís stupid that the people who are often pitting them against each other are the same people who say Frank isnít even a PG ó that means they donít even play the same position and can be on the court at the same time! Why are we mad that they both played well?

DSJ dominated on offense. Hit some shots and set up Mitch nicely. Basically kept us in the game in the 2nd and 3rd quarters. But letís not forget Luka coming down and hitting 4 threes in a row with Frank on the bench.

Frank didnít much on offense, but 1/2 from 3, clutch FTs at the end, and played great defense on Luka to close the game out.

All around solid stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    I say frank 2-0 because the game was decided in the last mins not the 1st quarter 2nd quarter or 3rd quarter if it worked like that Knicks would be top seed right now but the ones who can impact in close games against one of the best in Luka is winner in my eyes.

lol who's narrative is that belong too, man you accuse posters basically of what you do the most.

It says a lot that certain posters could not even be happy for what DSJ did last night? An awful lot.

flip that and all posters are happy when Frank does well, he wears a Knick uniform but you just won't see that.

Mitch, DSJ, Frank, Barrett...these are all very young players. I get the drift from some posters here it's all or nothing -- future superstars or all out busts, that you are either all in on a player or against him. I just don't get it. I am for all players on my team pretty much, and I allow for a player to have a learning curve. In other words maybe it's "we'll see" or "I'm hopeful" as opposed to definitive "stud" or "trash" statements. I'll say it again, I just don't get it.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Dear Fiz,
    Please try a lineup for a few weeks that is

DSJ
    Frank
    RJ
    Morris
    Mitch

The world is coming to an end and I don't even care. As long as I can have my limo and my orange hair"

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Seats View Post
    Mitch, DSJ, Frank, Barrett...these are all very young players. I get the drift from some posters here it's all or nothing -- future superstars or all out busts, that you are either all in on a player or against him. I just don't get it. I am for all players on my team pretty much, and I allow for a player to have a learning curve. In other words maybe it's "we'll see" or "I'm hopeful" as opposed to definitive "stud" or "trash" statements. I'll say it again, I just don't get it.
    I don't either. I also posted my lineup before reading this.
    As usual, I completely agree.
    DSJ came through last night. Frank was great on Luka in the 4rth and brought awesome energy.

Why they don't play them together is beyond me. They seem like such good compliments to one another. I could see them challenging, pushing and supporting one another.

The world is coming to an end and I don't even care. As long as I can have my limo and my orange hair"

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Seats View Post
    It's called Knucklehead syndrome. Stick around though. Levelheadedness is always welcomed

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    It doesnít need to be an either/or game with Frank and DSJ. They both played very well, giving the edge to DSJ. And itís stupid that the people who are often pitting them against each other are the same people who say Frank isnít even a PG ó that means they donít even play the same position and can be on the court at the same time! Why are we mad that they both played well?

DSJ dominated on offense. Hit some shots and set up Mitch nicely. Basically kept us in the game in the 2nd and 3rd quarters. But letís not forget Luka coming down and hitting 4 threes in a row with Frank on the bench.

Frank didnít much on offense, but 1/2 from 3, clutch FTs at the end, and played great defense on Luka to close the game out.

All around solid stuff.
    Bubba I have to say your posts have been really good but as much as I see where your going with this, I'm going to disagree a bit. I didn't see one post not happy for Frank, right here in this game thread were all good posts about his game, effort.

But when posters go overboard with some of these posts for 18m and 5 fouls and don't give DSJ credit or one says i'll give DSJ some credit for last night.........please......

We are all Frank and Knick fans in here , I see nothing to say differently but some just go way overboard and will not give credit to other knick players.

what I see lost in this game was the clutch shots by Morris, he did play the end of the game and no shot, no play was more important than that step back three contested...........But I saw a lot of hate on the guy prior too and after the game it's all about Frank? Yea that's F'd up.

I actually Thought Randle had a good game yet of course someone has to harp on 6 TO's when two were not his fault, and both times the players pound their chest, (RJ and Dotson). 17/10/3 is not bad, I like he moved the ball more and he wasn't spinning into TO's but getting him the ball less in ISo's isn't a bad thing either.

I also think Dot is getting to be an everyday rotation player, he showed much greater effort last night, that should keep Ellington on the bench.

And I forgot to mention Knox...and Trier....

I am not in denial -- it's been a messy stretch to say the least. But as opposed to a few years ago we have some (very) young players with potential. We have all our #1 picks -- plus two from the Mavs. It's very trendy to slam the Knicks (and praise the Nets -- keep an eye on that one) -- but to my mind there is reason for hope (with more work). The mindset that we should back up the truck or sign damaged or crazy FA's at max as a solution is the last place I want to go as a Knick fan. And as Kinko proposed, let's focus on these kids and see what we have. And too bad we don't play the Mavs every night.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Dear Fiz,
    Please try a lineup for a few weeks that is

DSJ
    Frank
    RJ
    Morris
    Mitch
    I said that last night then took a step back......now put yourself in coach's seat......DSJ not a good shooter, penetrator besides Morris who is on the wing shooting, RJ is not there yet. Lobs will be taken away because teams will say Mitch, RJ, DSj and Frank beat me from the outside and rightfully so.

I'm coaching against that lineup I'm only concerned with Morris as any thread from deep. It's interesting but till RJ hits more shots and more consistent then I could see us getting torched during that span of this lineup.

Portis hit some key shots last not that goes unrecognized, I mean Dallas was rolling and he hit two huge shots, we need the court spread for some to elevate there games.

I like this lineup and think it could be the future, once Frank and RJ hit open shots more consistently with a guy like DSJ penetrating skills, and mitch lob skills with Morris this could work fine. But till then may see lots of fast break points going the other way on long rebounds.

Concept is good though. It would also work better if DSJ was more consistent shooting as well on his pick and rolls with Mitch.

Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast