Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Game Thread #11 N.Y. Knicks @ Chi Bulls: Does a fire get lit or does Fiz get fired?

The aftermath of the press conference!
    Last edited by kartyea; 11-12-2019 at 03:39 PM.
    [B]

Kartyea thanks bud...........

And that is the Millions of dollar question, and so far the only two that have spoken out in support of the coach was RJ and Taj who both said they love the coach and the bad play is not on him.

So lets see if they do come out with the fire and desire, or maybe the silenced group will continue to ISO and get the coach gonso?

Knicks actually have a nice stretch of games coming up which I did say was a make or break for the team and Fiz, this was the part of the schedule they needed to play well because it won't get any easier, and it started against Cleveland which propelled that stupid FO speech walking in like fans gave a crap what they had to say.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    Kartyea thanks bud...........

And that is the Millions of dollar question, and so far the only two that have spoken out in support of the coach was RJ and Taj who both said they love the coach and the bad play is not on him.

So lets see if they do come out with the fire and desire, or maybe the silenced group will continue to ISO and get the coach gonso?

Knicks actually have a nice stretch of games coming up which I did say was a make or break for the team and Fiz, this was the part of the schedule they needed to play well because it won't get any easier, and it started against Cleveland which propelled that stupid FO speech walking in like fans gave a crap what they had to say.
    Right... that was literally the biggest backstabbing you could give to a coach. If I was Fiz I would have replied, "Should have signed DLo" lol ... but really what did they expect to happen as a result of that press conference?

Maybe they don't like Fiz's rotations and feel like the young guys should be getting more minutes, I don't know. I think what they did do is piss off Fiz, the players and the fans because they feed the media more Bull sh it to talk about. Maybe they play hard all game for Fiz now because I don't feel that any of the players want to see Fiz go.

DSJ back, maybe his back is rested and his head is clear after putting his mom to rest. We will see tonight, he might go hard for her.

When are we getting Mitch back? Did Drummond crack his skull or was it just a mid concussion. Hell I have had several of those over my lifetime of sports and you are usually ok after a couple Beyer aspirin and a good nights sleep. What gives with him?

I hope we lose so dolan can embarass mills and perry again, keep embarassing them until they quit, same thing with fiz, none of these dudes deserve to get fired and collect a paycheck.

I think it's 100% safe to say none of them are quitting and will take their millions and move on. Actually fiz already said I have 2.5 years left to collect so I'm not worried.

I'm actually beginning to feel guys want to sign here they no from history they will get paid for 5 years and only work less than two..........man that is so sad just thinking about all the guys on the payroll over so many years.

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    Right... that was literally the biggest backstabbing you could give to a coach. If I was Fiz I would have replied, "Should have signed DLo" lol ... but really what did they expect to happen as a result of that press conference?

Maybe they don't like Fiz's rotations and feel like the young guys should be getting more minutes, I don't know. I think what they did do is piss off Fiz, the players and the fans because they feed the media more Bull sh it to talk about. Maybe they play hard all game for Fiz now because I don't feel that any of the players want to see Fiz go.

DSJ back, maybe his back is rested and his head is clear after putting his mom to rest. We will see tonight, he might go hard for her.

When are we getting Mitch back? Did Drummond crack his skull or was it just a mid concussion. Hell I have had several of those over my lifetime of sports and you are usually ok after a couple Beyer aspirin and a good nights sleep. What gives with him?
    I think the complete opposite, they actually said this team with the FA's they brought in are underachieving, they need wins and they need these FA's to play well, they are paying them 77m so I'm sure Dolan is saying WTF, I could have kept the 77M and still been in last place.

I know Payton and Mitch are out, I think DSJ will dress, and Iggy was called up from Westchester to play.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    I think it's 100% safe to say none of them are quitting and will take their millions and move on. Actually fiz already said I have 2.5 years left to collect so I'm not worried.

I'm actually beginning to feel guys want to sign here they no from history they will get paid for 5 years and only work less than two..........man that is so sad just thinking about all the guys on the payroll over so many years.
    This

Everyone knows Dolan is impatient and all about chasing max players and big names. The nets are playing bad and they have Kyrie but I don't see the russian dragging sean marks to press conference after game. Another thing you have to consider is that Dolan hires ppl not based on track record but who his close friends tell him too isiah, phil, perry. Walsh was the only one he hired because of NBA. How hard is it ask permission to speak with employee from organization that has been top 5 team last 5 years?

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

lets see how much of a players coach Fiz is,these guys should want to go to war for him now that his job on is on the line.

Ian Begley‏Verified account @IanBegley · 8m8 minutes ago

Against the Bulls, Knicks are probably staying with the same starting lineup that they used on Sunday against Cleveland. The decision hasn’t been finalized yet, David Fizdale told a group of reporters, which included an NBC affiliate, in Chicago.

This flip a coin starters and rotation is just another reason why Fizdale has to go.

After knowing basketball and seeing these players day in and day out, how do you not know?

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksFan4Years View Post
    This flip a coin starters and rotation is just another reason why Fizdale has to go.

After knowing basketball and seeing these players day in and day out, how do you not know?
    Every single coach the Knicks have had over the last decade has had the same issue. You have to figure out who plays well with whom and when there's no huge leap between starters and bench, you have to go with the hot hand. Why do so many act like the've never seen this before.

Relax with this fire Fiz crap. It's just another sign of disfunction. Why don't some of you show the same patience for this new mgt and for Randle figuring out a new role, as you've have had for Frank showing signs of life? You guys take the bait of every news clipping and ruimor that comes out. Mgt is lighting a fire under these players and coaches *****. Nothing wrong with that. Every one is making millions and when the effort isn't there, people need to hear it...it's as simple as that.

Someone needs to tell Jimmy that he needs to think outside the box to fix this and not just throw money at the problem. He's just burning money at this point. Trusts the youth to bring in new ideas and end the corporate culture Jimmy!

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    lets see how much of a players coach Fiz is,these guys should want to go to war for him now that his job on is on the line.
    This...To be completely honest...I am getting tire of this "players coach" and Mills hiring guys (i.e. Fiz) for good PR to get Durant and whoever. can we just put people who know who to execute their job functions.

I truly believe in order for the Knicks to correct this mess, they have to get the most unsexiest coach and FO of guys who know their crap and care about X and O's. No more puppets, no more selling, no more catering to Dolan, JUST DOING YOUR ACTUAL JOB....

i.e. Raptors hiring Nick Nurse (I didn't know what a Nick Nurse was, and now I do). Screw branding, just win.

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    Every single coach the Knicks have had over the last decade has had the same issue. You have to figure out who plays well with whom and when there's no huge leap between starters and bench, you have to go with the hot hand. Why do so many act like the've never seen this before.

Relax with this fire Fiz crap. It's just another sign of disfunction. Why don't some of you show the same patience for this new mgt and for Randle figuring out a new role, as you've have had for Frank showing signs of life? You guys take the bait of every news clipping and ruimor that comes out. Mgt is lighting a fire under these players and coaches *****. Nothing wrong with that. Every one is making millions and when the effort isn't there, people need to hear it...it's as simple as that.
    Agree with some of this but Randle “figuring out a new role” is part of the problem. He was one of the best P&R finishers in the league last year. Why the **** are we reinventing the wheel with him and forcing him into a role that sets him up for failure instead of success?

Also he and other guys on this team need to figure out how to be useful on O when the ball isn’t in their hands. We stand around waiting for the ball more than any other team I see.

Quote Originally Posted by teddygreen17 View Post
    This...To be completely honest...I am getting tire of this "players coach" and Mills hiring guys (i.e. Fiz) for good PR to get Durant and whoever. can we just put people who know who to execute their job functions.

I truly believe in order for the Knicks to correct this mess, they have to get the most unsexiest coach and FO of guys who know their crap and care about X and O's. No more puppets, no more selling, no more catering to Dolan, JUST DOING YOUR ACTUAL JOB....

i.e. Raptors hiring Nick Nurse (I didn't know what a Nick Nurse was, and now I do). Screw branding, just win.
    agreed. and they need to embrace analytics. I have to think the reason we keep getting all these antiquated players like Randle, Payton, Burke, Mudiay, DSJR, Kanter... I mean the list goes on and on, is because we don't value analytics nearly enough. we are the NY Mets of basketball.

Phil was also hired b/c they thought he could lure FA's... even openly talked about it in his press intro.

We passed on Mike Bud... now that guy can coach. We let Atkinson go coach the Nets... instead of hiring from withing. Atkinson is a great analytics guy and has his fingerprints all over the Nets now.

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast