Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 21 of 21
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Annapolis MD
    Posts
    16,775
    Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    Heyman reported the Braves still plan to use Melancon as closer and Smith will set up.


    Ok then...
    I don't think that's going to be the case when it's all said and done. They could have quite a few pitchers looking to compete for the closer role in spring training. Right now I'd give Smith the edge, but that's just me. I'm also curious to see what happens to Sean Newcomb, too.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SWFL
    Posts
    30,604
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    I don't think that's going to be the case when it's all said and done. They could have quite a few pitchers looking to compete for the closer role in spring training. Right now I'd give Smith the edge, but that's just me. I'm also curious to see what happens to Sean Newcomb, too.
    Yeah DoB said that is only the idea right now but once spring starts things can change.

    Newcomb is going to get stretched out for spring and given a shot at the rotation AA said.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Annapolis MD
    Posts
    16,775
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    Yeah DoB said that is only the idea right now but once spring starts things can change.

    Newcomb is going to get stretched out for spring and given a shot at the rotation AA said.
    Makes sense. I have him in a deep dynasty league so obviously I am hoping he gets his control figured out and turns into a rotation player for you guys.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Phanland
    Posts
    7,226
    I can only imagine how many teams are upset they missed out on this one. Playing at home must have been really important to him.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    38,996
    Quote Originally Posted by thefeckcampaign View Post
    I can only imagine how many teams are upset they missed out on this one. Playing at home must have been really important to him.
    He said winning was most important and that he'd play for free for a winner. When the Braves came calling I'm sure that made the decision a lot easier.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    100,667
    This was the one move I wished the Mets did and the Braves got him so FML.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •