Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

How Clueless Is James Harden?

I watched his interview with Stephen A. Smith

In terms of dribbling and having the ball in his hands, he said "don't you want to have the best player on the team have the ball so you can win?" .... i'm paraphrasing. But the guy just doesn't get it.

A great leader holds his teammates accountable and shoulders a little bit of the responsibility on them so that the star player can rest on certain possessions throughout the game. Ball finds energy, and if you allow them to make decisions and handle the rock, and they feel involved, then that translates into them working hard defensively.

I feel like despite all the flack Russ gets, he understands this notion to an extent. But Harden is just flat out clueless !!!

Rocket fans coming to explain how Harden is an all time great in 3,2,1...

Quote Originally Posted by LaVar Ball View Post
    I watched his interview with Stephen A. Smith

In terms of dribbling and having the ball in his hands, he said "don't you want to have the best player on the team have the ball so you can win?" .... i'm paraphrasing. But the guy just doesn't get it.

A great leader holds his teammates accountable and shoulders a little bit of the responsibility on them so that the star player can rest on certain possessions throughout the game. Ball finds energy, and if you allow them to make decisions and handle the rock, and they feel involved, then that translates into them working hard defensively.

I feel like despite all the flack Russ gets, he understands this notion to an extent. But Harden is just flat out clueless !!!
    Oh man! What a huge surprise—another garbage anti-Harden thread! (But considering it's from you, I'm even less surprised.)

Normally I wouldn't have time to poke holes in all the anti-Harden hate on PSD, but I'm on my lunch break and can spare 10 minutes to tear this crap apart. Here are just a few of the many ways this post is completely off base:

1. You took a random quote from a SAS interview you didn't link to and couldn't actually provide verbatim to base an anti-player thread on.

2. You chose your own personal (wrong) interpretation of that throwaway quote to then assume something negative about that player.

3. You're connecting that quote to the way Harden plays and throwing out random inaccurate assumptions here, as if Harden doesn't allow others to contribute. For one, Harden is constantly looking to create for others (as indicated by the fact that he's 5th in the league in AST% this season and is pretty much always at the top of leaguewide assist stats). Secondly, Westbrook has come in and is playing that secondary creator well and playing it well. Harden is regularly deferring to him on possessions and given him a chance to create. Harden may be 1st in the league in usage, but Westbrook is still 14th at 30.6% (right behind Lebron).

4. You picked the oddest possible time to post this thread—Harden has been on fire lately with five straight games of 36+ points and 6+ assists over this 5-game winning streak, including the Rockets' most impressive win of the season last night in which Harden outplayed Kawhi down the stretch and scored 17 of the Rockets' last 19 points in the win.

5. The Rockets were also extremely undermanned last night with Gordon and House out and Westbrook playing with foul trouble all night long. So, yeah, his usage was outrageous, and it needed to be for them to win.

6. Finally, if you disagree with the notion that the best player needs to have the ball in his hands the majority of the time to win games, I don't really know what to tell you. Literally the entire history of the NBA agrees with Harden on this. You think MJ didn't think the same thing? Shaq? Hakeem? Magic? Bird? etc. Of course they did. Great players want the ball in their hands. And if this is a new concept for you, I question your knowledge of the NBA and your competency as someone who's been posting for more than two years in an NBA forum online.

Quote Originally Posted by lakerfan85 View Post
    Rocket fans coming to explain how Harden is an all time great in 3,2,1...
    Huh? What does this one quote have ANYTHING to do with Harden's position as an all-time great? If you want a great example of just how much PSD irrationally hates Harden, here's Exhibit A: an ignorant response that has nothing to do with an already ignorant thread about one of the best players in the league the night after he has one of the best individual games in the season so far.

If you're going to respond to the terrible thread, at least say something that's on topic and add to the discussion. All you've done is trolled (poorly) and added to the constant flow of anti-Harden hate.

@mightyboss you'll have to forgive him. Harden outplayed his lover last night and needs something to reaffirm his convictions. Nothing to see here, and I'm not someone who really likes watching the guy play. Harden is a great player regardless though.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Oh man! What a huge surprise—another garbage anti-Harden thread! (But considering it's from you, I'm even less surprised.)

Normally I wouldn't have time to poke holes in all the anti-Harden hate on PSD, but I'm on my lunch break and can spare 10 minutes to tear this crap apart. Here are just a few of the many ways this post is completely off base:

1. You took a random quote from a SAS interview you didn't link to and couldn't actually provide verbatim to base an anti-player thread on.

2. You chose your own personal (wrong) interpretation of that throwaway quote to then assume something negative about that player.

3. You're connecting that quote to the way Harden plays and throwing out random inaccurate assumptions here, as if Harden doesn't allow others to contribute. For one, Harden is constantly looking to create for others (as indicated by the fact that he's 5th in the league in AST% this season and is pretty much always at the top of leaguewide assist stats). Secondly, Westbrook has come in and is playing that secondary creator well and playing it well. Harden is regularly deferring to him on possessions and given him a chance to create. Harden may be 1st in the league in usage, but Westbrook is still 14th at 30.6% (right behind Lebron).

4. You picked the oddest possible time to post this thread—Harden has been on fire lately with five straight games of 36+ points and 6+ assists over this 5-game winning streak, including the Rockets' most impressive win of the season last night in which Harden outplayed Kawhi down the stretch and scored 17 of the Rockets' last 19 points in the win.

5. The Rockets were also extremely undermanned last night with Gordon and House out and Westbrook playing with foul trouble all night long. So, yeah, his usage was outrageous, and it needed to be for them to win.

6. Finally, if you disagree with the notion that the best player needs to have the ball in his hands the majority of the time to win games, I don't really know what to tell you. Literally the entire history of the NBA agrees with Harden on this. You think MJ didn't think the same thing? Shaq? Hakeem? Magic? Bird? etc. Of course they did. Great players want the ball in their hands. And if this is a new concept for you, I question your knowledge of the NBA and your competency as someone who's been posting for more than two years in an NBA forum online.

Huh? What does this one quote have ANYTHING to do with Harden's position as an all-time great? If you want a great example of just how much PSD irrationally hates Harden, here's Exhibit A: an ignorant response that has nothing to do with an already ignorant thread about one of the best players in the league the night after he has one of the best individual games in the season so far.

If you're going to respond to the terrible thread, at least say something that's on topic and add to the discussion. All you've done is trolled (poorly) and added to the constant flow of anti-Harden hate.
    And you made my point exactly... Thanks for playing. Next!

I think Lavar (that’s obviously one of the same trolls that’s been banned before) and lakerfan85 have both proven to be insufferable trolls that just dope around and add nothing to the conversation around here. Just ignore them and hopefully they’ll both **** off.

Great time to post this after Harden puts 47 on the 2019-2020 paper champs

game threads are for this type of discussion

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.