Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Dolanitis.

Approach the offseason differently. Stop pretending your a top destination in free agency and embrace a hard rebuild.

Dolan will go away eventually i mean he's what 70 years old give it another decade and he will be in retirement home

Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    Dolan will go away eventually i mean he's what 70 years old give it another decade and he will be in retirement home
    Similar to Donald Sterling, he might literally never die.

Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    64. Mke that another decade and a half.

He has like 6 kids. The team ain't leaving his family if he doesn't sell soon.

Just hope the next one is more competent.

The biggest thing is obviously James Dolan. Dolan has proven to be the most toxic owner in all sports and the Knicks will forever be destined for failure as long as he presides over them. No one can save this franchise until he's gone. His reputation has destroyed the franchise and made it so nobody wants to be associated with them. They can't even get a meeting with a free agent, let alone sign one. Dolan's ego has also been a factor in this team's clownish behavior over the lasts couple decades. The James Dolan Knicks are bums, plain and simple.

But James Dolan isn't their only problem, this team also has terrible management. Steve Mills should have been fired yesterday, and I actually believe he may be worse than Phil Jackson. Keep in mind that prior to being named General Manager of the Knicks in 2013, Mills had absolutely no experience as a basketball executive and his entire background is on the business side. He did play college ball and declared for the NBA draft in 1981, but wasn't drafted and he never played in the NBA. He became a business executive who worked his way up to a corporate position at Madison Square Garden, which is owned by James Dolan. After being a rising executive through the Dolan-owned MSG he got brought to the basketball side of things and was hired as GM by Dolan in 2013.

If that wasn't bad enough, Mills has been a terrible executive for the Knicks. It is true that Phil Jackson gets the blame for his time with franchise (2014-2017), but Mills was the GM before and during Jackson's tenure (2013-2017), and he succeeded Jackson as President of basketball Operations after Jackson was dismissed (2017-2019/2020). Since Mills was hired, the Knicks have never had a winning record nor been to the playoffs, they have had five head coaches (in seven seasons), and a total record of 166-338 (.329) which is the worst in the NBA. If ALL THAT isn't bad enough, Mills actually said the Knicks had a good free agency on the eve of this season.

As terrible as it is to say for a franchise who hasn't won a championship since 1973 and has two winning seasons in the last 19 years, there is no quick fix for this franchise. Since the disaster of Phil Jackson they told anyone who would listen they were going to do a full-scale rebuild and develop players through the draft, only to turn around and trade Porzingis and go all-in for free agency. It seems they only hired Fizdale because they thought he might help attract free agents, but now that he didn't they seem to want to fire him. They ditched their draft and develop plan for things they can't control, draft lottery and free agency, and now they are back to square one; draft and develop. But with the same people in charge do we really expect it to go any differently? Need I remind anyone Einstein's definition of insanity?

The Knicks haven't won a championship in 46 years and I have no idea if I'll ever see them win one, but the path toward prosperity starts at the bottom. Here is how to fix the Knicks

1. Replace James Dolan with a decent owner-Either through his death or him selling the team. He just needs to be gone.

2. Fire all current executives-Get rid of anyone and everyone who has been previously associated with this franchise

3. Find a plan and stick to it-Make your executive and coaching hires based on a plan and commit to it.

Only then can the Knicks ever accomplish anything. The Knicks brand died when KD/Kyrie decided to come to New York and play for the Brooklyn Nets. The Knicks simply aren't relevant anymore and they won't be until they do something about it.

They need these 2 things...

Identity: Are they going to play big and grind opponents down defensively? Then commit to it. Are you going to be an athletic transition team? Then commit to it. These are the only two play styles that really fit the personnel they currently have. But if it's something else they need to go full throttle that direction. Switching lineups like an idiot won't fix things.

Someone with a brain in the front office: I have no idea what the GM was thinking, but he should be fired. If you aren't going to have shooters you have to get ball handlers who can run and get your big men the ball in good positions. They have neither. They should ideally focus on both. Getting a good PG who can shoot. I would do what is reasonable to go after Anfernee Simons. Portland is lacking in the front court and were desperate enough to go after Carmelo. Knicks surprisingly have a lot of front court depth. Try and make a trade happen.

Should of absorbed bad contracts for picks instead of signing all those pf's. Marcus Morris would have helped the Spurs, he is a nice role player but better off on a contender.

Others have said enough about how to fix them. It all starts up top and will trickle down. Pony up for Jerry West to be an advisor in a front office role and go from here,

Quote Originally Posted by NYKalltheway View Post
    He has like 6 kids. The team ain't leaving his family if he doesn't sell soon.

Just hope the next one is more competent.
    I keep thinking game of thrones his son might be like Joffrey

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

Clearly they are rebuilding... still.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerSL View Post
    The biggest thing is obviously James Dolan. Dolan has proven to be the most toxic owner in all sports and the Knicks will forever be destined for failure as long as he presides over them. No one can save this franchise until he's gone. His reputation has destroyed the franchise and made it so nobody wants to be associated with them. They can't even get a meeting with a free agent, let alone sign one. Dolan's ego has also been a factor in this team's clownish behavior over the lasts couple decades. The James Dolan Knicks are bums, plain and simple.

But James Dolan isn't their only problem, this team also has terrible management. Steve Mills should have been fired yesterday, and I actually believe he may be worse than Phil Jackson. Keep in mind that prior to being named General Manager of the Knicks in 2013, Mills had absolutely no experience as a basketball executive and his entire background is on the business side. He did play college ball and declared for the NBA draft in 1981, but wasn't drafted and he never played in the NBA. He became a business executive who worked his way up to a corporate position at Madison Square Garden, which is owned by James Dolan. After being a rising executive through the Dolan-owned MSG he got brought to the basketball side of things and was hired as GM by Dolan in 2013.

If that wasn't bad enough, Mills has been a terrible executive for the Knicks. It is true that Phil Jackson gets the blame for his time with franchise (2014-2017), but Mills was the GM before and during Jackson's tenure (2013-2017), and he succeeded Jackson as President of basketball Operations after Jackson was dismissed (2017-2019/2020). Since Mills was hired, the Knicks have never had a winning record nor been to the playoffs, they have had five head coaches (in seven seasons), and a total record of 166-338 (.329) which is the worst in the NBA. If ALL THAT isn't bad enough, Mills actually said the Knicks had a good free agency on the eve of this season.

As terrible as it is to say for a franchise who hasn't won a championship since 1973 and has two winning seasons in the last 19 years, there is no quick fix for this franchise. Since the disaster of Phil Jackson they told anyone who would listen they were going to do a full-scale rebuild and develop players through the draft, only to turn around and trade Porzingis and go all-in for free agency. It seems they only hired Fizdale because they thought he might help attract free agents, but now that he didn't they seem to want to fire him. They ditched their draft and develop plan for things they can't control, draft lottery and free agency, and now they are back to square one; draft and develop. But with the same people in charge do we really expect it to go any differently? Need I remind anyone Einstein's definition of insanity?

The Knicks haven't won a championship in 46 years and I have no idea if I'll ever see them win one, but the path toward prosperity starts at the bottom. Here is how to fix the Knicks

1. Replace James Dolan with a decent owner-Either through his death or him selling the team. He just needs to be gone.

2. Fire all current executives-Get rid of anyone and everyone who has been previously associated with this franchise

3. Find a plan and stick to it-Make your executive and coaching hires based on a plan and commit to it.

Only then can the Knicks ever accomplish anything. The Knicks brand died when KD/Kyrie decided to come to New York and play for the Brooklyn Nets. The Knicks simply aren't relevant anymore and they won't be until they do something about it.
    slow clap.
    `

The biggest problem of Dolan is that he has ruined the identity and culture of the Knicks.

The players seem to get confused over what they're doing there to begin with. Even when we had Melo, Amare, Billups and JR Smith the whole thing seemed off.

There is a complete lack of direction. Dolan is happy to cash in. I'm not sure on the financials, but I'd say he probably gets as much or more from a badly run Knicks team than one that invests to become a contender. There is more cost involved in getting great players and coaches here. The revenue probably is on a similar level. Though indirectly if the Knicks do very well, it will bring more revenue to the NBA and more of that would be allocated to the franchise as well. But it may not be worth it business wise.

Dolan is not here to win. This is the Knicks' problem. If he wanted to win, he'd either pursue it or resign and let someone else make the tough calls. And I don't mean by hiring a new GM or "president".

Quote Originally Posted by NYKalltheway View Post
    The biggest problem of Dolan is that he has ruined the identity and culture of the Knicks.

The players seem to get confused over what they're doing there to begin with. Even when we had Melo, Amare, Billups and JR Smith the whole thing seemed off.

There is a complete lack of direction. Dolan is happy to cash in. I'm not sure on the financials, but I'd say he probably gets as much or more from a badly run Knicks team than one that invests to become a contender. There is more cost involved in getting great players and coaches here. The revenue probably is on a similar level. Though indirectly if the Knicks do very well, it will bring more revenue to the NBA and more of that would be allocated to the franchise as well. But it may not be worth it business wise.

Dolan is not here to win. This is the Knicks' problem. If he wanted to win, he'd either pursue it or resign and let someone else make the tough calls. And I don't mean by hiring a new GM or "president".
    The guy asks his friends on who to hire to screw up the Knicks that sums up this joke of a organization.

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12