Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,318

    Gary Kubiac and Rick Dennison

    So I knew we would see improvements in the run game from last year to this year but JESUS ****ING CHRIST!! (sorry). I get that Dalvin has been healthy, we drafted Bradbury, O'Neil has progressed, we signed Josh Kline, we moved Elflein to LG, Reiff has been healthy. But to be as bad as we were last year to becoming one of the best run teams bewilders me. I had NO idea this scheme was this effective and I am really confused why more teams don't do this? I get that some teams prefer to run power (how did that work for Dallas last week) and some play off the pass more, I've always heard that it is a copy cat league so why don't more teams copy it? Is Dennison/Kubiac that good at teaching?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Memphis,TN
    Posts
    12,474
    Quote Originally Posted by blom85 View Post
    So I knew we would see improvements in the run game from last year to this year but JESUS ****ING CHRIST!! (sorry). I get that Dalvin has been healthy, we drafted Bradbury, O'Neil has progressed, we signed Josh Kline, we moved Elflein to LG, Reiff has been healthy. But to be as bad as we were last year to becoming one of the best run teams bewilders me. I had NO idea this scheme was this effective and I am really confused why more teams don't do this? I get that some teams prefer to run power (how did that work for Dallas last week) and some play off the pass more, I've always heard that it is a copy cat league so why don't more teams copy it? Is Dennison/Kubiac that good at teaching?
    In my Nate Diaz voice IM NOT SURPRISED

    When got Kubiak I knew that our offense would improve dramatically. He is what we needed to this offense. The man won a Superbowl. Kubiak is that damn good. Plus he picked Alexander Mattison in the 3rd round


    V4LB-DIMGIM-VCU-CUBBY JOE AND GOINGFOR28

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    5,322
    Im giving the majority of the credit to Cook, he is so strong and fast. He is what is making it work.

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk


    If you cant beat them, join them

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    33,609
    Quote Originally Posted by carter80 View Post
    Im giving the majority of the credit to Cook, he is so strong and fast. He is what is making it work.

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    He truly is incredible to watch

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,318
    Quote Originally Posted by carter80 View Post
    Im giving the majority of the credit to Cook, he is so strong and fast. He is what is making it work.

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Okay, but Mattison looks great as well. Hell, Justin Forsett has even looked good in this system.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    5,322
    Quote Originally Posted by blom85 View Post
    Okay, but Mattison looks great as well. Hell, Justin Forsett has even looked good in this system.
    Mattison is going to be a beast, i doubt we will be able to hold on to him. Our offense is looking better in ever facet though, Kubiak has definitely raised this offense up.

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk


    If you cant beat them, join them

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,318
    Quote Originally Posted by carter80 View Post
    Mattison is going to be a beast, i doubt we will be able to hold on to him. Our offense is looking better in ever facet though, Kubiak has definitely raised this offense up.

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    What do you mean? Like we won't have him in 2023? That's a long way away.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Steubenville, Ohio
    Posts
    17,174
    Cook and this scheme are a match made in heaven. I knew we would improve but this has been beyond my wildest dreams. There is a reason this scheme has been working since the 90ís. Kubiak, Shannahan, and the Broncos would put almost any RB in this scheme and bam 1k yards. Kubiak got 1k out of Slaton in Houston and Forsett in Baltimore. Now throw in a star like Cook and a special season is happening. Even Mattison is having success on limited touches. I donít know why all 32 teams donít try to run this scheme. Surely enough personnel have branched off from this staffís and passed around some knowledge. I know the Rams and 49ers are the other two teams who run the same scheme right now.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Garrett Bradbury C N.C. State
    Round 2: Irv Smith TE Alabama
    Round 3: Alex Mattison RB Boise State
    Round 4: Dru Samia G Oklahoma
    Round 5: Cameron Smith LB USC
    Round 6: Armon Watts DT Arkansas
    Round 6: Marcus Epps S Wyoming
    Round 6: Oli Udoh OT Elon
    Round 7: Kris Boyd CB Texas
    Round 7: Dillon Mitchell WR Oregon
    Round 7: Olabisi Johnson WR Colorado State
    Round 7: Austin Cutting LS Air Force


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    12,994
    I knew it would be a great hire. I always thought the zone blocking scheme would work better because it doesn't leave our guys on an island. I feel in todays NFL it is really tough for guys to play man up because DL is no longer slow unathletic dudes.

    My question...can Zim persuade Kubiak to stay or become OC when Stefankski becomes HC next year. Not sure Kubiak wants to be all in again though so it would be nice to keep him in the same role.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,318
    Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    I knew it would be a great hire. I always thought the zone blocking scheme would work better because it doesn't leave our guys on an island. I feel in todays NFL it is really tough for guys to play man up because DL is no longer slow unathletic dudes.

    My question...can Zim persuade Kubiak to stay or become OC when Stefankski becomes HC next year. Not sure Kubiak wants to be all in again though so it would be nice to keep him in the same role.
    I remember Zimmer saying they tried running some zone last year but they kept getting stuffed for negative yards so he told the line coaches to stop. I have a feeling Dennison will get promoted to OC when that happens or if Shurmer gets fired I could see him coming back. Either way I don't see Kubiac going anywhere, he probably also wants to help his son climb the ladder as well.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    5,322
    Kubiak will be our next head coach if we miss the playoffs

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk


    If you cant beat them, join them

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    12,994
    Kubiak said recently he has no desire to be HC again. I canít recall but I think he had some health issues the last time he was coach so maybe that is part of the reasoning.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •