Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Yadi wants an extension?

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/yadier-...160446907.html

Everything comes down to communication at this point. Does he want to be "the guy" still? Is he willing to take a huge pay cut? Is he willing to mentor the young guys?

I love me some Yadi, and he's the main reason we made it to the playoffs this year (in my opinion). His value is not able to be put down with stats.

I'd say give him a couple more years past next if he wants them. 2 years 8mil per?

Yeah an extension at this point is very tricky and comes with many factors like you said.

I would wait on an extension at this point unless he'd take a STEEP pay cut. the last contract worked out so far but was very risky for the team IMO. no need to commit big money AGAIN for an aging catcher. father time will eventually catch up.

If right now he would accept something like 12 million for 2021 and 8 million team option for 2022 with a 3 million buyout, i would do that. That gives him another 15 million guaranteed without hurting us too much financially.

No thanks. It's time for Knizner

QB-Lock
    RB-Montgomery
    WR-AJ Brown, Hakeem Butler
    TE-TJ Hockenson
    Edge-Allen
    LB-Devon White, Blake Cashman
    CB-Joejuan Williams
    S-Dieonte Thompson

I love Yadi, but his playing time as of 2021 needs to be that of a backup catcher, not as a starter, and he needs to be paid like a good backup.

Which means like $5M max per year.

yeah my money is probably too high for the amount of playing time and quality of play we would get at that point. Would just hate to see him go play a year in Miami or something to end his career if we shut the door completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Tkais9009 View Post
    yeah my money is probably too high for the amount of playing time and quality of play we would get at that point. Would just hate to see him go play a year in Miami or something to end his career if we shut the door completely.
    I don't see that happening no matter what, but I also don't see the organization giving him more money than he is actually worth.

Another team isn't going to pay him more either.

No, god no! Nooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!! Appreciate everything he did but you are running a sports franchise not a museum. Doesnt make any logical sense even with the additional roster spot outside of a million or two for a farewell tour with him getting no more than forty starts in the season.

This would all depend on how he performs from year to year. I wouldn't mind one bit him working contracts like Waino. He has so much value outside of hitting, that it makes sense to keep him around as a backup.