Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 47 of 54 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JBears79 View Post
    Kap is 32. Hes not a "future" option. Hes been out of the league for 3 years.

I gave you 3.

Sign a guy you know is competent like Dalton and draft his replacement in 2020, 2021 and 2022 and let them fight it out, instead of the headache that would come with Kap. You cant throw that type of locker room distraction into a team in freefall like the Bears currently are.

Follow the Chiefs model with Alex Smith to Mahomes.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
    Stop dodging the question. None of those players are available right now. As of this exact second.

If Mitch is not starting for this team, Kap is the only QB that might have a future that we can evaluate in this season. He's literally the only option.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

Quote Originally Posted by Ron!n View Post
    Stop dodging the question. None of those players are available right now. As of this exact second.

If Mitch is not starting for this team, Kap is the only QB that might have a future that we can evaluate in this season. He's literally the only option.
    Kap regressed since going to the SB. Why? I'm not sure, it could be for several reasons.

Let's say he actually does want to play and this entire workout wasn't just a joke, signing him would bring a circus.

I honestly don't believe that he is an option. I honestly believe his time has passed.

People just hate Mitch. Yes, he hasn't played well and may have been over drafted, but that's not his fault.

At this point, the season is over. The Bears may as well continue with Mitch, like it or not.

An as for discussion on evaluation of the current situation, I would like to see Helfrich call some plays. Nagy is already being questioned, and if Helfrich could make Mariota look like a good QB, what could he do for Mitch?

Just for giggles, imagine Helfrich calling good plays and Mitch actually being successful in the NFL. Wouldn't that be great? I've seen several people comment on how they like the culture that Nagy has brought to the team. If Mitch could be successful under a different play caller, a massive rebuild would be avoided.

Of course Nagy would have to be willing to hand over those responsibilities, and maybe Pace would have to step in and force the change.

Just an idea....

Quote Originally Posted by I don't care. View Post
    An as for discussion on evaluation of the current situation, I would like to see Helfrich call some plays. Nagy is already being questioned, and if Helfrich could make Mariota look like a good QB, what could he do for Mitch?

Just for giggles, imagine Helfrich calling good plays and Mitch actually being successful in the NFL. Wouldn't that be great? I've seen several people comment on how they like the culture that Nagy has brought to the team. If Mitch could be successful under a different play caller, a massive rebuild would be avoided.

Of course Nagy would have to be willing to hand over those responsibilities, and maybe Pace would have to step in and force the change.

Just an idea....
    I'm ok with anything provided you tell me the bears will not bench Mitch, period

Just dont believe Nagy will relinquish play calling no matter what. If he hasnt by now...I'd be surprised to ever see it happen.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Alright guys here's the deal:

If Vikings go 2-2, bears win 5 straight,
    Bears will probably control their own destiny week 17 against the Vikings.

Next 2 games *should be * wins.

Puts us at 6-6, at home against the Cowboys.

Bears final 6 games:
    vsNYG
    @DET
    vsDAL
    @GB
    vsKC
    @MIN

Vikings next 5 weeks:
    Bye
    @SEA
    vsDET
    @LAC
    vsGB
    vsCHI

Packers next 6 weeks:
    @SF
    @NYG
    vsWAS
    vsCHI
    @MIN
    @DET

Rams next 6 weeks:
    vsBAL
    @ARZ
    vsSEA
    @DAL
    @SF
    vsARZ

The "pipe dream" will end against Detroit on Thanksgiving imo. That will be an embarassing loss and an official end to the season.

vsKC and @GB look unwinnable but our defense might have Hicks back soon, no?
    Last edited by blams; 11-19-2019 at 10:24 AM.

Click here to register!

Quote Originally Posted by Salvaged Ship View Post
    It could be one of worst blunders a GM has made in NFL history. Thatís a hell of a black mark on the resume, I canít see any way Pace is ever an NFL GM again after he is done with the Bears. He will be lucky to get hired as a Parking Attendant. The Chicago Bears, where coaching and GM careers end.
    Even Emery got a job as a scout when he flamed out here.

But yeah, if Nagy and Pace don't turn this around by next year they are gone by midseason next year.

These decisions may force them out of the league; which would probably be best for Nagy; his play calling has division 2 gimmicky college options written all over them .
    Broncos be like:

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Alright guys here's the deal:

If Vikings go 2-2, bears win 5 straight,
    Bears will probably control their own destiny week 17 against the Vikings.

Next 2 games *should be * wins.

Puts us at 6-6, at home against the Cowboys.

Bears final 6 games:
    vsNYG
    @DET
    vsDAL
    @GB
    vsKC
    @MIN

Vikings next 5 weeks:
    Bye
    @SEA
    vsDET
    @LAC
    vsGB
    vsCHI

Packers next 6 weeks:
    @SF
    @NYG
    vsWAS
    vsCHI
    @MIN
    @DET

Rams next 6 weeks:
    vsBAL
    @ARZ
    vsSEA
    @DAL
    @SF
    vsARZ

The "pipe dream" will end against Detroit on Thanksgiving imo. That will be an embarassing loss and an official end to the season.

vsKC and @GB look unwinnable but our defense might have Hicks back soon, no?

Enough with the pipe dreams blams.

It hurts more knowing that we CAN WIN every single one of those remaining games, but we have a coach and an offense who can't get out of their way.

We have no identity, we just have a ****** party in the locker room after we win a football game.

Just an idea....
    I don't understand this line of thinking. It's not a massive rebuild if you move on from a QB. This roster has it's flaws, but retooling it in the offseason along with a change at QB is not an impossible task. I'm admittedly very down on Pace right now, but he's going to get another chance this offseason and there's an opportunity for him to save his job with the right moves. Committing to Mitch for another season isn't the right move, unless he wants to be fired.

Look at the Vikings. They've been through, what, 4 different QB's in the last 5 years? They've been in the NFC mix 4 of those 5 years. No reason the Bears can't follow a similar path (hopefully not 4 different QB's) because it's still a pretty young, talented core group of players here.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Have always gotten the sense that George wants to win. You never hear from Virginia, but I think George definitely cares.

They've been close to landing the right guy before, but just haven't. They pursued Eric DeCosta, before anyone else, back when Emery was hired. They interviewed Chris Ballard when they hired Pace. Hopefully they get that GM hire right someday.
    Yeah I agree I think the Bears ownership actually cares about winning. They just can't find the right guy to get them there. But at least they're trying. If they didn't care about winning they'd be the Bulls who keep Paxson in charge for 15 years despite bad results.

Just an idea....
    I've given up on Nagy as a play caller but not as a head coach. I still think he can be a good head coach but he needs to hand over the play calling.

Quote Originally Posted by ILMindState View Post
    I've given up on Nagy as a play caller but not as a head coach. I still think he can be a good head coach but he needs to hand over the play calling.
    The problem is Nagy hasn't given up on being the play caller.

He is simply in over his head and is too stubborn to delegate playcalling duties since he buys into his billing as an offensive guru.

If Helfrich called plays and Nagy still drew them up, but managed the rest of the team accordingly, I'd think we'd look competent at least.
    Broncos be like:

Quote Originally Posted by flclfanman View Post
    Enough with the pipe dreams blams.

It hurts more knowing that we CAN WIN every single one of those remaining games, but we have a coach and an offense who can't get out of their way.

We have no identity, we just have a ****** party in the locker room after we win a football game.
    Oh I know all of this its just me having some fun, hoping for a miracle lol

Click here to register!

Quote Originally Posted by flclfanman View Post
    The problem is Nagy hasn't given up on being the play caller.

He is simply in over his head and is too stubborn to delegate playcalling duties since he buys into his billing as an offensive guru.

If Helfrich called plays and Nagy still drew them up, but managed the rest of the team accordingly, I'd think we'd look competent at least.
    I'm hoping his mentor Reid or one of his other coaching buddies can convince him to give up play calling.

I agree with others, Nagy and Pace will get one more year to right the ship, They will be given one more shot to find a QB to run Nagy's system. If I am George McCaskey though I tell them anything short of playoffs next year they are both fired. That might sound harsh, but this year was too much of a disaster to keep both around unless next years team is really good.

And honestly, unless Pace/Nagy somehow luck into a good QB situation next year Nagy's offense is going to continue to look bad/very mediocre again and the chances are he's done after next year, Pace with him.

The real Pride of the Midwest

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    I don't understand this line of thinking. It's not a massive rebuild if you move on from a QB. This roster has it's flaws, but retooling it in the offseason along with a change at QB is not an impossible task. I'm admittedly very down on Pace right now, but he's going to get another chance this offseason and there's an opportunity for him to save his job with the right moves. Committing to Mitch for another season isn't the right move, unless he wants to be fired.

Look at the Vikings. They've been through, what, 4 different QB's in the last 5 years? They've been in the NFC mix 4 of those 5 years. No reason the Bears can't follow a similar path (hopefully not 4 different QB's) because it's still a pretty young, talented core group of players here.
    That's really not "my" line of thinking, but from some of the posts that I have seen in here the past couple of days, that appears to be what a lot of people want.

I don't think Pace can go into next season without addressing the QB position. Signing a Vet would be the minimum and also drafting a QB would be wise.

I still believe that Mitch isn't the entire problem. He has his warts, but also has shown that he has ability.

He wasn't the reason why the Bears lost Sunday night, but I really don't feel like debating that...

Page 47 of 54 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast