Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBear View Post
    A lot of emphasis is being placed on the personnel (which is warranted), but what about the coaches? I think they deserve some blame for the lack of development/progression, especially from some of the younger guys. I don't see any reason to bring most of the offensive position coaches back next year.

With that said, next year has to be a do or die year for Nagy and Pace.
    Everyone is a mess. Coaches, GM, players. Everyone has been bad.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    I've thought about this too. On one hand it'd really suck, but on the other hand he's probably sealing his own fate with that decision.

I have conflicting feelings about it TBH. I want Pace gone but I also don't want to waste the current window we're in.

Anyway, what a waste of a season for Burton. He's an easy cut next year IMO.
    So are you on the clear Pace, Nagy and Mitch train now? Cause I'm all in on finding a GM and backing up a Brinks truck to Omaha for Lincoln Riley. He could probably make something out of Jalen Hurts in the second.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

There have been plenty of options mentioned in other threads...likely to be a handful of realistic options/upgrades. Just because you continuously disagree/ignore them doesn't make them illogical. There are plenty of cuts to be made to afford a $20-25M+ QB salary. It's really not hard to find this information.

There’s no QB available this offseason that warrants a contract of 20-25 million.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron!n View Post
    So are you on the clear Pace, Nagy and Mitch train now? Cause I'm all in on finding a GM and backing up a Brinks truck to Omaha for Lincoln Riley. He could probably make something out of Jalen Hurts in the second.
    Absolutely. I was pretty close to being out on Pace, then that lengthy Tribune article sealed it for me.

Lincoln Riley would be awesome. He's going to be able to choose whatever job he wants, besides the obvious ones of course, but yeah, I'd throw everything at him if he's ready to make the jump.

Absolutely. I was pretty close to being out on Pace, then that lengthy Tribune article sealed it for me.

Lincoln Riley would be awesome. He's going to be able to choose whatever job he wants, besides the obvious ones of course, but yeah, I'd throw everything at him if he's ready to make the jump.
    Agreed. I like what Pace did overall, particularly with the defense and his aggressiveness. But he's put us in a big hole. That Tribune report is basically malpractice. You can't do that with the biggest franchise decision in the past decade or two.

My problem is I really like the culture Nagy has created, but he's been absolute trash in game as far as his ability to improvise on the fly or move away from his tendencies. And I don't see how you can divorce Nagy from Pace or Pace from Trubisky.

For me, the Saints and Eagles games sealed Nagy's fate. Trubisky was coming off injury but we had a bye and we were flat out ridiculous in our play-calling. Never ran the ball against the Saints and in the Eagles game he saw the I-formation working but wouldn't stick to it.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

I'm not ready for ANOTHER GM/HC change, yet. But 2020, Nagy and Pace's seat will be roasting, imo. Slow start and they are done. I say give them one more year and if (or when) they fail then you can get rid of the GM/HC and QB all at once.

I'm not convince throwing "all the money" at Lincoln Riley is the right course of action. Chip Kelly, Steve Spurrier, blah, blah, blah.
    Last edited by Bluefire; 11-16-2019 at 07:47 PM.
    Screw sabermetics.

I'd give Kaep a shot at this point.

I wouldn't fire Pace or Nagy. With respect to Pace, he took over an empty cupboard roster and filled it out quite well IMO. Whiffed on the QB and his process in doing so was terrible to be sure. That being said, let Nagy be a part of the QB replacement decision for next year and go all in. As far as Nagy is concerned, I like the culture he has built and am not ready to give up on him yet. He is a 2nd year head coach and is obviously still finding his way. When your QB consistently misses wide open WRs it makes playcalling much more difficult and disjointed. Has he abandoned the run too much, too early in games? Absolutely. However, I truly believe when you average 3 yards a carry, your O-line consistently misses blocks and your QB is missing wide open throws, it really doesn't matter what is called. Instead of blasting Nagy for this year, maybe we should praise him for masking Mitch's deficiencies enroute to a 12-4 season last year...

Quote Originally Posted by mwoodri View Post
    I wouldn't fire Pace or Nagy. With respect to Pace, he took over an empty cupboard roster and filled it out quite well IMO. Whiffed on the QB and his process in doing so was terrible to be sure. That being said, let Nagy be a part of the QB replacement decision for next year and go all in. As far as Nagy is concerned, I like the culture he has built and am not ready to give up on him yet. He is a 2nd year head coach and is obviously still finding his way. When your QB consistently misses wide open WRs it makes playcalling much more difficult and disjointed. Has he abandoned the run too much, too early in games? Absolutely. However, I truly believe when you average 3 yards a carry, your O-line consistently misses blocks and your QB is missing wide open throws, it really doesn't matter what is called. Instead of blasting Nagy for this year, maybe we should praise him for masking Mitch's deficiencies enroute to a 12-4 season last year...
    I completely agree with you here. I just hope Pace understands he messed up and cuts with Mitch instead of sticking with him.

https://twitter.com/bearsbarroom/sta...172820480?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Do the 9ers cut bait after this season on ****** G? That window is in a similarly precarious position as ours is/was. They're not winning a title with him as QB, I can all but guarantee it.

Cant really relish too much in it because of Mitch's own failings but I'm glad that he sucks, too.

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    Do the 9ers cut bait after this season on ****** G? That window is in a similarly precarious position as ours is/was. They're not winning a title with him as QB, I can all but guarantee it.

Cant really relish too much in it because of Mitch's own failings but I'm glad that he sucks, too.
    I think there's a chance because they've also had Mullens in their system for 2 years and he's an ERFA (dirt cheap) for 2 more years.

Jimmy G isn’t going anywhere...this is just dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by mwoodri View Post
    Much easier to mask deficiencies when your defense is taking the ball away and scoring at a historic rate. And if they weren’t scoring, they were setting up the offense with short fields. Despite that, the offense was pretty anemic the 2nd half of the year. They struggled to run it and Mitch and the offense struggled putting up points. Basically, if the defense wasnt dominating with takeaways/TDs, the offense was more than likely not doing enough to win. For whatever reason - QB play, OL, coaching - Nagy’s offense in one and a half seasons, has not looked good. It’s had a few very brief moments but overall they’ve been pretty bad and we’re completely carried by the defense last year. Otherwise, the team probably wins 7-8 games last year at most.

Page 5 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast