Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    my gawd, do we really have to think about yet another corner early in the draft?! We have 3 1sts and an early 2nd on the roster already.........argh
    I know but Rhodes might get cut and Waynes and Mack are free agents. We might be left with Hughes and Hill.
    2019 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Garrett Bradbury C N.C. State
    Round 2: Irv Smith TE Alabama
    Round 3: Alex Mattison RB Boise State
    Round 4: Dru Samia G Oklahoma
    Round 5: Cameron Smith LB USC
    Round 6: Armon Watts DT Arkansas
    Round 6: Marcus Epps S Wyoming
    Round 6: Oli Udoh OT Elon
    Round 7: Kris Boyd CB Texas
    Round 7: Dillon Mitchell WR Oregon
    Round 7: Olabisi Johnson WR Colorado State
    Round 7: Austin Cutting LS Air Force

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    I know but Rhodes might get cut and Waynes and Mack are free agents. We might be left with Hughes and Hill.
    Mackensie Alexander is already a FA after this year?

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Mackensie Alexander is already a FA after this year?
    I believe so. Second rounder, so no 5th year option.

Quote Originally Posted by natelpete View Post
    I believe so. Second rounder, so no 5th year option.
    Doesn't seem like this is already his 4th year with us

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Doesn't seem like this is already his 4th year with us
    Ya we have the potential to lose Waynes, Alexander, Harris & Kearse. All are entering the last year of their contracts. I think this is why losing Epps was a pretty big deal. It's a guy that doesn't start next year but would have been cheap depth.

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    This is probably premature but what would it take for everyone to extend Kirk next season? Would he have to win the Super Bowl, get there? NFCCG? Just make the playoffs? OR do you let him play it out with the risk of driving the price up even more?

For me, as it sits today I would offer that extension in the off season. I've seen enough of Kirk and I really like his game. Is he limited, yes but if the coaches set him up for success he is really damn good. Our OL is starting to solidify and giving him an extension.

I'd for sure wait until after the draft. Especially, with Tua's injury and his past injuries, he could slide. If a guy like Tua is there late 1st I would probably grab him.
    Ive been hard on him but he has been playing ridiculously. Like a top 5 qb, we got sone tough games ahead of us but if he continues this pace then he is going to get really expensive.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

If you cant beat them, join them

Quote Originally Posted by carter80 View Post
    Ive been hard on him but he has been playing ridiculously. Like a top 5 qb, we got sone tough games ahead of us but if he continues this pace then he is going to get really expensive.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Before we talk about extending cousins we really need to look at our team as a whole. Specifically Everson Griffen and some of ours vets. In the next year or so we could have a. total revamp or need to draft many skill positions along DL and with cornerbacks ect. Our team isn't exactly spring chickens anymore. If you extend cousins you are going to severly limit our ability to redo our D using free agency. Also those linemen we are drafting and playing (Oneil) are going to need extensions and pay raises. This team could be drastically changed in under a year or so

Quote Originally Posted by Twolves88 View Post
    Before we talk about extending cousins we really need to look at our team as a whole. Specifically Everson Griffen and some of ours vets. In the next year or so we could have a. total revamp or need to draft many skill positions along DL and with cornerbacks ect. Our team isn't exactly spring chickens anymore. If you extend cousins you are going to severly limit our ability to redo our D using free agency. Also those linemen we are drafting and playing (Oneil) are going to need extensions and pay raises. This team could be drastically changed in under a year or so

I think Kirk is earning it. Also to speak of spring chickens, there is no reason to move forward with a rookie QB or cast away in his place with an aging team.

Griffen, Rhodes, Rudy, Joseph will/should all be asked to restructure or release/trade.
    Mac should be extended, he is our best CB on the team IMO
    Reiff will most likely be replaced via 1st round of Draft
    Harris could be extended but will most likely explore FA. Vikings can promote Kearse who seriously saved us against Denver. Why did Sendejo start over him.

I think planning for Cook payday is far more tricky than extending Cousins.

Quote Originally Posted by El Jorge 69 View Post
    I think Kirk is earning it. Also to speak of spring chickens, there is no reason to move forward with a rookie QB or cast away in his place with an aging team.

Griffen, Rhodes, Rudy, Joseph will/should all be asked to restructure or release/trade.
    Harris could be extended but will most likely explore FA. Vikings can promote Kearse who seriously saved us against Denver. Why did Sendejo start over him.

Things can obviously change but Kearse said on Twitter he will not be returning to Vikings when his contract is up
    https://orig00.deviantart.net/1dc3/f/2018/078/e/e/cousins_by_matthew998-dc6cc8l.png

I wouldn't necessarily have a problem extending Kirk some.......after all, we're locked into him another year (barring someone offering a trade) and an extension may allow for some cap flexibility we don't currently have with him. That said, my hope is that he's not thinking he should be paid in the current top tier range. I really hope more players realize pushing for max contracts can sacrifice team success......I mean seriously, Kirk has made near $100mil once this season is over.......I realize I'm talking millions, but at that point is $35mil really more important to him than, say, $32mil that allows for a better OL in front of him?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    Things can obviously change but Kearse said on Twitter he will not be returning to Vikings when his contract is up
    Yep I saw that too. I don't think he's been overly happy with his playing time and I have to admit I thought we'd see him starting this last game for sure. He's always played well, though he did make a mistake on coverage late in the game that allowed a big play (counted against Rhodes but he got sucked way to far in). I think Harris has earned the resigning but he could get pricey.

Quote Originally Posted by El Jorge 69 View Post

This is why you see Rick getting all those picks. We've had some pretty good success in finding guys in the 7th. Weatherly and Bisi come to mind most recently.

I wouldn't necessarily have a problem extending Kirk some.......after all, we're locked into him another year (barring someone offering a trade) and an extension may allow for some cap flexibility we don't currently have with him. That said, my hope is that he's not thinking he should be paid in the current top tier range. I really hope more players realize pushing for max contracts can sacrifice team success......I mean seriously, Kirk has made near $100mil once this season is over.......I realize I'm talking millions, but at that point is $35mil really more important to him than, say, $32mil that allows for a better OL in front of him?
    I think Cousins knows he needs a quality team around him to win, but he needs to be compensated respectfully. Depending on how we finish this year, i think a 3 year extension at 32 million is a good deal for both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    Yep I saw that too. I don't think he's been overly happy with his playing time and I have to admit I thought we'd see him starting this last game for sure. He's always played well, though he did make a mistake on coverage late in the game that allowed a big play (counted against Rhodes but he got sucked way to far in). I think Harris has earned the resigning but he could get pricey.
    We forget that Kearse was just nailed for DUI, which Zimmer was thoroughly pissed about....it could be he's still reacting to the tongue lashing he likely got.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

We forget that Kearse was just nailed for DUI, which Zimmer was thoroughly pissed about....it could be he's still reacting to the tongue lashing he likely got.
    Nah I don't think so...he hasn't been playing well before that incident. I just assumed he was in the dog house for some reason.

He's always a matchup nightmare because he is 6'5" and has long arms. I hate to see him leave but he'll get paid nicely.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast