Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Just looking at cap for next year and I won't be shocked if we say see ya to Rhodes. No guaranteed money left after this year. Would free up $8 million in cap. Restructure Reiff, Linval. Griff I thought could opt out of his contract but he has a cap of almost $14 million next year.

If we cut Rhodes, extended Kirk, that would probably free up $15-$20 million in cap. Maybe more but not sure (Kirks cap is $31 million next year). We could resign Alexander and Waynes.

Do you let Harris walk and try to resign Kearse? Who is younger and would cost a lot less but has potential to be really good. IDK, lots of options.

Cool, sportrac site you can restructure and cut guys and will calculate the savings. I put Kirks 2020 cap hit at $21 million (assuming extension). Restructured Reiff, Linval and cut Rhodes. That would give us $31 million in cap.

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    Yep I saw that too. I don't think he's been overly happy with his playing time and I have to admit I thought we'd see him starting this last game for sure. He's always played well, though he did make a mistake on coverage late in the game that allowed a big play (counted against Rhodes but he got sucked way to far in). I think Harris has earned the resigning but he could get pricey.
    I read somewhere that it's believed that Kearse was not a fan of how Zimmer treated him after his DWI and his frustration is related to that. Who knows though. I just wouldn't count on him being Viking once his contract expires.
    https://orig00.deviantart.net/1dc3/f/2018/078/e/e/cousins_by_matthew998-dc6cc8l.png

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    We forget that Kearse was just nailed for DUI, which Zimmer was thoroughly pissed about....it could be he's still reacting to the tongue lashing he likely got.
    I read that this is exactly why he will not be a Viking when his contract is up
    https://orig00.deviantart.net/1dc3/f/2018/078/e/e/cousins_by_matthew998-dc6cc8l.png

Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    So he gets busted for a DUI, thankfully not killing himself, his teammate or anyone else, and HE'S the one who is pissed off because his employer held him accountable for his stupid actions??? If this is actually the case, cut his ***** immediately and send a real message. When I read stories like this, I always flash back to the needless death of Malik Sealy who was killed by a drunk driver going the wrong way on the highway.

Just looking at cap for next year and I won't be shocked if we say see ya to Rhodes. No guaranteed money left after this year. Would free up $8 million in cap. Restructure Reiff, Linval. Griff I thought could opt out of his contract but he has a cap of almost $14 million next year.

If we cut Rhodes, extended Kirk, that would probably free up $15-$20 million in cap. Maybe more but not sure (Kirks cap is $31 million next year). We could resign Alexander and Waynes.

Do you let Harris walk and try to resign Kearse? Who is younger and would cost a lot less but has potential to be really good. IDK, lots of options.
    Looking at SportTrac, it looks like it's a team option for Griffen next year with only $800k in dead money. Also, I swear I thought Rudolph's extension meant he had 0 in dead money next year. Doesn't look like that's true according to the website.

Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    Lol he's mad bc his coach was pissed about him getting a DUI. That's weak.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Lol he's mad bc his coach was pissed about him getting a DUI. That's weak.
    Nah I'm sure that didn't help but this was even before that. Jayron when in always seems to make plays. Hell that last drive he had what, 4 pass break ups. Zim admitted after the game that maybe he needs to play him more. Well, he could get that shot if Harry's hammy isn't healed up after the bye.

I read an interesting article about the Vikings second half adjustments. After going no huddle on the opening drive of the second half, the Vikings used up most of their 2-min drill plays. A few times on the sidelines Stefanski drew up new plays on a dry erase board. Basically they played back yard football on offense in the second half.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Garrett Bradbury C N.C. State
    Round 2: Irv Smith TE Alabama
    Round 3: Alex Mattison RB Boise State
    Round 4: Dru Samia G Oklahoma
    Round 5: Cameron Smith LB USC
    Round 6: Armon Watts DT Arkansas
    Round 6: Marcus Epps S Wyoming
    Round 6: Oli Udoh OT Elon
    Round 7: Kris Boyd CB Texas
    Round 7: Dillon Mitchell WR Oregon
    Round 7: Olabisi Johnson WR Colorado State
    Round 7: Austin Cutting LS Air Force

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    I read an interesting article about the Vikings second half adjustments. After going no huddle on the opening drive of the second half, the Vikings used up most of their 2-min drill plays. A few times on the sidelines Stefanski drew up new plays on a dry erase board. Basically they played back yard football on offense in the second half.

That's pretty cool. Even more cool is that it worked lol

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post

Ya I saw that too which explains why some of these plays had wide open guys. Denver wasn't prepared for it and never saw it before. Stefanski has been ****ing great and sadly he is going to be gone for sure this time as a HC.

The good news is I would have to assume Klint Kubiak will get his shot as the OC since he is the QB coach now and of course is a Kubiak.

Ya I saw that too which explains why some of these plays had wide open guys. Denver wasn't prepared for it and never saw it before. Stefanski has been ****ing great and sadly he is going to be gone for sure this time as a HC.

The good news is I would have to assume Klint Kubiak will get his shot as the OC since he is the QB coach now and of course is a Kubiak.
    If/when Stefanski becomes a head coach next year we should just slot Gary Kubiak in as offensive coordinator. The guy is a genius. If he doesn’t want the job and his son takes it, we need to make sure he’s still in the role that he’s currently in.

Quote Originally Posted by nasthemasta View Post
    If/when Stefanski becomes a head coach next year we should just slot Gary Kubiak in as offensive coordinator. The guy is a genius. If he doesn’t want the job and his son takes it, we need to make sure he’s still in the role that he’s currently in.
    Our offense is why we have the record we do. Id rather retain kubiak as a head coach, our Defense is our main problem and the reason we wont get far. Thats on Zimmer, he is overrated.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

If you cant beat them, join them

Quote Originally Posted by carter80 View Post
    Our offense is why we have the record we do. Id rather retain kubiak as a head coach, our Defense is our main problem and the reason we wont get far. Thats on Zimmer, he is overrated.

I don't understand your hate for Zimmer but Kubiak has said he doesn't want to be a head coach anymore, so wouldn't be surprised to see him stay in his current role for a while, or take over as OC when Stefanski gets a head coaching job. If he really just doesn't want the pressure of a HC or OC job, I could see his kid taking over at OC and staying in his current role.

Quote Originally Posted by carter80 View Post

Like him or not, Zim is going to be our head coach next year. I give the credit of the offense’s success to Kubiak to be honest. His zone blocking scheme fits our lineman’s strengths perfectly and the way his scheme gets the QB on the move and away from under center fits Kirk very well too. He should definitely be our OC if Stefanski leaves.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910