Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Yeah, that'd def be frustrating af.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mR5ZOqOXO7o

example number 1 lol.... we lost cutch because segura decided running isnt important... a week later it was harnandez... 2 weeks after that it was harnandez again and like a week later it was segura again... i think it was like the 5th time and the 3rd by hernandez before he was benched

i remember our announcer screaming runnnn do something... why is this so hard lol.

post game kapler would say the same thing.. i talked to him and he knows what he needs to do there.
    Last edited by More-Than-Most; 11-13-2019 at 09:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mR5ZOqOXO7o

example number 1 lol.... we lost cutch because segura decided running isnt important... a week later it was harnandez... 2 weeks after that it was harnandez again and like a week later it was segura again... i think it was like the 5th time and the 3rd by hernandez before he was benched

i remember our announcer screaming runnnn do something... why is this so hard lol.

post game kapler would say the same thing.. i talked to him and he knows what he needs to do there.
    I def recall McCutchen's injury (pretty sure I was actually watching the game live) and the onslaught of other injuries but this is the first I've heard Kapler blamed for them in any sort of way (outside of the situation where he apparently brought in a reliever who hadn't warmed up at all or something).

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I def recall McCutchen's injury (pretty sure I was actually watching the game live) and the onslaught of other injuries but this is the first I've heard Kapler blamed for them in any sort of way (outside of the situation where he apparently brought in a reliever who hadn't warmed up at all or something).
    huh? i def am not blaming him for the injury..... i am blaming him for our players not being held accountable. I have never seen a season where players didnt run plays out like 8 times... now i know it happens but it was a on going thing every 2 weeks with our team

Sounded like you were connecting the dots from his lack of accountability to the subsequent injuries. Very well may have been the case but this is the first I've heard anything about it.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Sounded like you were connecting the dots from his lack of accountability to the subsequent injuries. Very well may have been the case but this is the first I've heard anything about it.
    segura is 100 percent the reason cutch got hurt and should have been benched but kap isnt at fault for cutches injuries in that situation

huh? i def am not blaming him for the injury..... i am blaming him for our players not being held accountable. I have never seen a season where players didnt run plays out like 8 times... now i know it happens but it was a on going thing every 2 weeks with our team
    The Phillies had the high payroll and kept missing the playoffs for many years in recent memory. The Giants have had a high payroll, too, but now it has been coming down to league average. Maybe Kapler won't be most accountable manager, but the Giants have done a good job in recent draft selections, so they have some rays of light in the upcoming season. Who knows? They may make the playoffs.

segura is 100 percent the reason cutch got hurt and should have been benched but kap isnt at fault for cutches injuries in that situation
    Agree.

Gabe Kapler getting hired by the Giants is exhibit A why managerial experience is so overrated.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears but they seem kinda sensible...."

Quote Originally Posted by jasonbourne View Post
    The Phillies had the high payroll and kept missing the playoffs for many years in recent memory. The Giants have had a high payroll, too, but now it has been coming down to league average. Maybe Kapler won't be most accountable manager, but the Giants have done a good job in recent draft selections, so they have some rays of light in the upcoming season. Who knows? They may make the playoffs.
    Giants payroll has absolutely not gone down to league average.

Using spotrac

2015 - Giants 3rd highest payroll ($186M)
    2016 - Giants 6th highest payroll ($178M)
    2017 - Giants 4th highest payroll ($189M)
    2018 - Giants 2nd highest payroll ($205M)
    2019 - Giants 5th highest payroll ($178M)

Giants payroll has consistently been top 5 four of the past five years. It has not been coming down to league average whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    Using spotrac

2015 - Giants 3rd highest payroll ($186M)
    2016 - Giants 6th highest payroll ($178M)
    2017 - Giants 4th highest payroll ($189M)
    2018 - Giants 2nd highest payroll ($205M)
    2019 - Giants 5th highest payroll ($178M)

Giants payroll has consistently been top 5 four of the past five years. It has not been coming down to league average whatsoever.
    I was going by this article as to how much the team has left to spend after taking in their horrendous long-term contract situation -- https://aroundthefoghorn.com/2019/10...end-offseason/. It said they have $40 - $50 M to spend. Also, looked at baseball-reference -- https://www.baseball-reference.com/t...ontracts.shtml.

Spending was the old Giants approach. The team looks to finally admit they are rebuilding. It was different going for Bryce Harper in 2019, but I think it had to do what the Harpers were saying. They did their due diligence and ended up passing.

I think the signs point to the Giants continuing to build the farm and use the players that will be coming up and rebuild in 2020. It explains why Bochy wanted to retire, but then not really retiring if the right offer came along.

If you are claiming the Giants will spend the $40 - 50M, the who can they get for the money that have to spend? It would bring the salary levels back to 2019 level.

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Gabe Kapler getting hired by the Giants is exhibit A why managerial experience is so overrated.
    Overrated to get a job and/or to do a good job?

Credit to ciaban for getting this right. When I suggested Roberts as next SF manager he told me it would likely be Kapler due to Zaidi connection.

Fire Luke Walton

I was going by this article as to how much the team has left to spend after taking in their horrendous long-term contract situation -- https://aroundthefoghorn.com/2019/10...end-offseason/. It said they have $40 - $50 M to spend. Also, looked at baseball-reference -- https://www.baseball-reference.com/t...ontracts.shtml.

Spending was the old Giants approach. The team looks to finally admit they are rebuilding. It was different going for Bryce Harper in 2019, but I think it had to do what the Harpers were saying. They did their due diligence and ended up passing.

I think the signs point to the Giants continuing to build the farm and use the players that will be coming up and rebuild in 2020. It explains why Bochy wanted to retire, but then not really retiring if the right offer came along.

If you are claiming the Giants will spend the $40 - 50M, the who can they get for the money that have to spend? It would bring the salary levels back to 2019 level.
    Giants will never do a full on rebuild. Without spending a dime yet this offseason, they're already $15MM over the league average payroll and will likely continue to be a top 5-10 spending team in MLB.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast