Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Week #12

Great comeback by OU. Completely changed their offense and grinded down Baylor's defense in the second half.

Baylor blew it after all

Meanwhile, out west, Utah is quietly looking like an absolute BEAST. My Ducks will have their hands very full in the Pac 12 Championship.

Which brings up another to me BS part of this whole playoff system. The likelihood is that Oregon meets Utah in the Pac 12 Championship game, both with 1 loss. The top 3 in the CFP rankings don't change without losing a game (and LSU may not drop out of the top 4 with a loss). But, would they keep Georgia at 4 if their 2nd loss was to LSU in the SEC Championship over a 1 loss Pac 12 Champion? And/or do they keep Alabama above the 2 Pac 12 teams if they win out, despite not playing in the conference championship?

The trickle down being....if the Pac 12 Champion doesn't make the playoff, they play in the Rose Bowl- fine. The loser, however, is a 2 loss team who would get a FAR lesser bowl than an SEC team taking their 2nd loss the same way.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

I think Georgia played themselves out of the top 4 today. Their offense is really pedestrian and I think they're going to get demolished if they make it to the SEC title game.

Oregon, barring a big comeback, is out of the playoff hunt. Not a good showing on national TV either for Herbert, likely with NFL teams watching.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234