Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    You can't sue a single company for collusion.

You should, for example, be able to sue a trade association and still be able to work in that trade.
    There are other options than the 32 NFL teams to get paid to play QB for a football team.
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

2019 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion

Quote Originally Posted by MarkieMark48 View Post
    There are other options than the 32 NFL teams to get paid to play QB for a football team.
    And risk his health for Faaaaar less money? Why on earth would an NFL talent, a guy a few plays away from a SB ring, ever do such a thing to jeopardize an already short shelf life opportunity?

#DingerSZN
    #AllenWatch
    End of Season Stats
    .542AVG/.562OBP/.889SLG/1.451OPS/21RBIs/3Dingers(1 grand slam)
    Selected to All-Conference Team
    Selected First Team All-District Team
    Selected First Team All-Region Team
    Verbal Commitment to State Fair Community College

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Let me start by saying there's obviously been an attempt by the NFL to keep him out.

That being said, we don't know if he would accept a backup role, and it doesn't really matter because no team would touch him if only for a backup job. No team is going to invite that type of media **** storm for a backup QB.

There's a few teams that should have looked at him as a starter. Denver should have at least done their homework on him before trading for Flacco, but with how long he's been out of the league, and his limited upside, you can at least see why they didn't. Because if they do sign him to start and he sucks so they move on, it's a big **** storm again. Really the only way a team can win by signing him is if he starts and plays well... And that's a huge gamble to take.
    I don't disagree with most of this.

#DingerSZN
    #AllenWatch
    End of Season Stats

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Let me start by saying there's obviously been an attempt by the NFL to keep him out.

That being said, we don't know if he would accept a backup role, and it doesn't really matter because no team would touch him if only for a backup job. No team is going to invite that type of media **** storm for a backup QB.

There's a few teams that should have looked at him as a starter. Denver should have at least done their homework on him before trading for Flacco, but with how long he's been out of the league, and his limited upside, you can at least see why they didn't. Because if they do sign him to start and he sucks so they move on, it's a big **** storm again. Really the only way a team can win by signing him is if he starts and plays well... And that's a huge gamble to take.
    Much better then for teams to trade and sign starting QBs we all know are garbage and lose instead.

I get it, and I agree with most of what you're saying. But teams playing it safe here aren't really playing it safe, they're playing it stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    And risk his health for Faaaaar less money? Why on earth would an NFL talent, a guy a few plays away from a SB ring, ever do such a thing to jeopardize an already short shelf life opportunity?
    I'm just saying the opportunity is available if he wants to. Nothing is keeping him out of those leagues. He can work in his trade in one of those leagues, correct? Could you imagine the pop he would get if he decided to play in the XFL.. his games would be extremely highly rated, people would tune in to be able to root for him to succeed or fail and he would be able to play football against lesser competition to thus increasing the probability to getting the attention of an NFL team.
    Last edited by MarkieMark48; 11-13-2019 at 01:51 PM.

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

I'm just saying the opportunity is available if he wants to. Nothing is keeping him out of those leagues. He can work in his trade in one of those leagues, correct? Could you imagine the pop he would get if he decided to play in the XFL.. his games would be extremely highly rated, people would tune in to be able to root for him to succeed or fail and he would be able to play football against lesser competition to thus increasing the probability to getting the attention of an NFL team.
    Or he could blow his acl in a non-guaranteed 20k a year role.

#DingerSZN
    #AllenWatch
    End of Season Stats

Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    Even if that was true I wouldnít sign him and It wouldnít be because of collusion. Why would I want the agony of 52 players constantly having to answer questions about him. Itís just not worth the distraction. He doesnít have a job for the same two reasons that Tebow isnít playing.
    Not good enough.
    Not worth the distraction.
    Yup. Not sure what is so hard to understand about this.

The bolded is where I have issue.
    He might be good enough to make a roster but does his talent outweigh all the press that will come with him? No.
    If he was an elite QB he would have had a job from day 1, but he's not. He's average at best.
    I don't understand how anyone says collusion when it's as simple as his he's not good enough to be worth the headache that will come along w him.

Or he could blow his acl in a non-guaranteed 20k a year role.
    55K (for 10 weeks) but yea, or he could blow his acl while working out for the videos he posts on social media saying he is ready.

Honestly, in your opinion what do you think is more likely to raise some eyebrows.. game footage or workout videos?

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

Even if Kaepernick went into the XFL and threw for 5,000 yds, 55 TDs and 2 INTs and wont he Championship, nobody would hire him.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Even if Kaepernick went into the XFL and threw for 5,000 yds, 55 TDs and 2 INTs and wont he Championship, nobody would hire him.
    well then there would be absolutely no doubt as to why he's not on an NFL roster, and the naysayers would be eating a huge serving of crow.

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

It's not colluding to have someone tell you they expect to start and get paid like it, as he was doing in 2017, and decide not to sign a guy. That's not what collusion is.

On what team should he be given the chance to start? Name a team that has a starter they'd bench to bring him in.

And if he doesn't have the value to start, how on earth do you deem it worth it to have him around as a backup?!

Even ignoring all that, if I sued my company....win or lose...I don't then ask for my job back with that very same company.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Elway confirmed that he's sending a scout to Kaep's workout

Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    Heís trying to create a degree of separation. In this situation there isnít any. He is literally asking to work for a owner who paid him out almost directly. Each owner and franchise lost money on his lawsuit.
    Plus he can still work his trade. There are other leagues out there.
    I was responding to an analogy about suing IBM and still expecting to work there.

So I'm not "trying to create a degree of separation". The analogy already had a massive degree of separation.

The NFL is more like a trade association than Kap's collusion case was like someone suing IBM.
    Last edited by QB_Eagles; 11-13-2019 at 04:38 PM.

well then there would be absolutely no doubt as to why he's not on an NFL roster, and the naysayers would be eating a huge serving of crow.
    I think you underestimate the naysayers. They would simply switch their argument to "well, it's only the XFL, we saw how he played in the NFL/look at everyone who did good in a lesser league and failed in the NFL".

The mistake you're making is assuming that his naysayers will ever see some actual proof that will convince them to change their mind. They won't. Their mind is made up, there's no evidence you can present that will change it. The only thing that changes is their reasoning for why they're against him.

Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast