Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 430
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Central VA
    Posts
    12,164
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Anyone who clearly doesn't see that the NFL has colluded against Kaep getting opportunities to keep his career going these past few years has their head buried in the sand.
    I don't disagree with that, but you have to remember for a while Kaep had a lawsuit against the league and the owners.

    If you file a lawsuit against someone, do you really expect them to hire you while the lawsuit is going on?

    If he shows he's good enough to be on a team, he should get his chance. Plain and simple.
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

    HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

    2019 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    84,309
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkieMark48 View Post
    I don't disagree with that, but you have to remember for a while Kaep had a lawsuit against the league and the owners.

    If you file a lawsuit against someone, do you really expect them to hire you while the lawsuit is going on?

    If he shows he's good enough to be on a team, he should get his chance. Plain and simple.
    It should have never come to the lawsuit, what else should he have done? The collusion was already in full speed ahead. Good for Kaep for exposing them.

    #DingerSZN
    #AllenWatch
    End of Season Stats
    .542AVG/.562OBP/.889SLG/1.451OPS/21RBIs/3Dingers(1 grand slam)
    Selected to All-Conference Team
    Selected First Team All-District Team
    Selected First Team All-Region Team
    Verbal Commitment to State Fair Community College

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    30,420
    This doesn't matter. Suppose they go to this workout and he shows the speed and running ability of Barry Sanders and throws the ball like Aaron Rodgers, he's still not going to get signed.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    15,563
    Quote Originally Posted by slats7 View Post
    If I sued IBM and won, would I expect them to hire me? Hell no.
    You can't sue a single company for collusion.

    You should, for example, be able to sue a trade association and still be able to work in that trade.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    84,309
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    You can't sue a single company for collusion.

    You should, for example, be able to sue a trade association and still be able to work in that trade.
    Bingo

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    6,975
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    We don't know WHAT he is right now; he hasn't played a down in 2 1/2 seasons. He was 1-10 on a 2-14 team his last year, not that his own stats were horrible.

    How much more can we know watching a workout? What good shape he's in?
    He also just turned 32 and again....hasn't been in an NFL practice or seen an NFL playbook in 2 1/2 seasons.

    And he has the balls to say not only should teams send reps, but they should be decision makers? I'm sure that won't be noted by teams, either......
    We do know what he was before he started taking a knee though. He was a guy that got benched for a Blane Gabbert. And now heís been out of the league for 3 years. Time away from the game doesnít usually make you a better player.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,885
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    You can't sue a single company for collusion.

    You should, for example, be able to sue a trade association and still be able to work in that trade.
    Your example has nothing to do with this situation.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    84,309
    Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    Your example has nothing to do with this situation.
    Why doesn't it?

    #DingerSZN
    #AllenWatch
    End of Season Stats
    .542AVG/.562OBP/.889SLG/1.451OPS/21RBIs/3Dingers(1 grand slam)
    Selected to All-Conference Team
    Selected First Team All-District Team
    Selected First Team All-Region Team
    Verbal Commitment to State Fair Community College

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    84,309
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    We do know what he was before he started taking a knee though. He was a guy that got benched for a Blane Gabbert. And now heís been out of the league for 3 years. Time away from the game doesnít usually make you a better player.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He was far from the issue on that SF team.

    Regardless, guy is better than, at minimum, 90% of the leagues backups. He should get a chance. The NFL stole that from him.

    #DingerSZN
    #AllenWatch
    End of Season Stats
    .542AVG/.562OBP/.889SLG/1.451OPS/21RBIs/3Dingers(1 grand slam)
    Selected to All-Conference Team
    Selected First Team All-District Team
    Selected First Team All-Region Team
    Verbal Commitment to State Fair Community College

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,885
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    He was far from the issue on that SF team.

    Regardless, guy is better than, at minimum, 90% of the leagues backups. He should get a chance. The NFL stole that from him.
    Even if that was true I wouldnít sign him and It wouldnít be because of collusion. Why would I want the agony of 52 players constantly having to answer questions about him. Itís just not worth the distraction. He doesnít have a job for the same two reasons that Tebow isnít playing.
    Not good enough.
    Not worth the distraction.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,885
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Why doesn't it?
    Heís trying to create a degree of separation. In this situation there isnít any. He is literally asking to work for a owner who paid him out almost directly. Each owner and franchise lost money on his lawsuit.
    Plus he can still work his trade. There are other leagues out there.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    84,309
    Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    Even if that was true I wouldnít sign him and It wouldnít be because of collusion. Why would I want the agony of 52 players constantly having to answer questions about him. Itís just not worth the distraction. He doesnít have a job for the same two reasons that Tebow isnít playing.
    Not good enough.
    Not worth the distraction.
    The bolded is where I have issue.

    #DingerSZN
    #AllenWatch
    End of Season Stats
    .542AVG/.562OBP/.889SLG/1.451OPS/21RBIs/3Dingers(1 grand slam)
    Selected to All-Conference Team
    Selected First Team All-District Team
    Selected First Team All-Region Team
    Verbal Commitment to State Fair Community College

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,885
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    The bolded is where I have issue.
    Letís just say the average backup QB is 3 out of 10.
    Letís say Kaap is 3 or even a 4 out of 10. That means heís out of luck.
    He has to be a lot better to overcome the distraction factor. That what I mean when I say not good enough.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    19,181
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    He was far from the issue on that SF team.

    Regardless, guy is better than, at minimum, 90% of the leagues backups. He should get a chance. The NFL stole that from him.
    Let me start by saying there's obviously been an attempt by the NFL to keep him out.

    That being said, we don't know if he would accept a backup role, and it doesn't really matter because no team would touch him if only for a backup job. No team is going to invite that type of media **** storm for a backup QB.

    There's a few teams that should have looked at him as a starter. Denver should have at least done their homework on him before trading for Flacco, but with how long he's been out of the league, and his limited upside, you can at least see why they didn't. Because if they do sign him to start and he sucks so they move on, it's a big **** storm again. Really the only way a team can win by signing him is if he starts and plays well... And that's a huge gamble to take.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Central VA
    Posts
    12,164
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    It should have never come to the lawsuit, what else should he have done? The collusion was already in full speed ahead. Good for Kaep for exposing them.
    Not saying he shouldn't have, but neither him or anyone should have expected him to be signed while the lawsuit was active
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

    HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

    2019 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •