Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829
    All sorts of people apparently.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Who cares?!!!
    Honestly? I think Kap, and people who want there to be a story.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I donít get. Whereís the Kevin Maas thread?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Kevin Maas you say? I made a small investment in his rookie cards as a kid.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Just name them as they are. The SJW's love this story. It's a gift basket that they can keep around for as long as Kaep wants them to.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Just name them as they are. The SJW's love this story. It's a gift basket that they can keep around for as long as Kaep wants them to.
    I think a lot of people, and not just "SJW's" think he was blackballed. You can simultaneously believe that he was blackballed, AND he is now playing the league for publicity. These opinions aren't mutually exclusive.

I thought this before even before recent events. I never thought he actually wanted back in. And even though I agree with his overall message, I never thought it was really important to him. He just wants money/fame/notoriety. It never came off as genuine.

And to me, it did a good job of showing the "Anti-SJW" crowd to be frauds. The whole "everyone gets offended by dumb stuff" crowd a lot of times coincides with the "HOW DARE YOU KNEEL DURING THE NATIONAL ANTHEM!" crowd. Truth is everyone is down for free speech till it challenges their own beliefs.

Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post
    I think a lot of people, and not just "SJW's" think he was blackballed. You can simultaneously believe that he was blackballed, AND he is now playing the league for publicity. These opinions aren't mutually exclusive.

I thought this before even before recent events. I never thought he actually wanted back in. And even though I agree with his overall message, I never thought it was really important to him. He just wants money/fame/notoriety. It never came off as genuine.

And to me, it did a good job of showing the "Anti-SJW" crowd to be frauds. The whole "everyone gets offended by dumb stuff" crowd a lot of times coincides with the "HOW DARE YOU KNEEL DURING THE NATIONAL ANTHEM!" crowd. Truth is everyone is down for free speech till it challenges their own beliefs.
    Fair point. Question though: How many people do you know that claims he SHOULD be playing football that isn't viewing this entire thing as a social political situation? I know a shitload of people from both political sides of the aisle and I can name the ones that do in in less than 3 seconds.

Conversely, it would take me a very long time to name those on the other side of the fence. This is a social justice thing with a few bdawks peppered in.

This whole thing is stupid.
    Last edited by dbroncsinmo; 11-26-2019 at 12:31 AM.

I don't think the NFL teams blackballed him, I think the media made such a huge deal of it that it became clear he'd be a distraction which lowered his value to all teams. That added to him apparently not wanting to play NFL QB anymore but wanting to keep his name on the air is how we got here.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Fair point. Question though: How many people do you know that claims he SHOULD be playing football that isn't viewing this entire thing as a social political situation? I know a shitload of people from both political sides of the aisle and I can name the ones that do in in less than 3 seconds.

Conversely, it would take me a very long time to name those on the other side of the fence. This is a social justice thing with a few bdawks peppered in.

This whole thing is stupid.
    I mean I know a lot of people who think he was blackballed, but I also don't think my anecdotal evidence is any better than anyone else. I'm sure the majority of people are stupid like in most situations. Where you got one group of idiots going "BUT BUT BUT HE DISRESPECTED OUR TROOOOPPPSS!". And you got another group of people that go "BUT BUT BUT IT'S BECAUSE EVERYONE IS RACIST". And then you got the group of people I like to associate with who have nuanced, thoughtful opinions.

Social justice isn't always a bad thing. The real crime in all this is through all the partisanship and overall stupidity flowing through the air-waves the real discussion we should have been having got lost in the fog. And we started talking about "is Kaep disrespecting the troops" or "is the NFL racist". Instead of talking about the issues Kaep was trying to point at in the first place. Which are meaningful conversations, no matter what side you're on.

Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post
    I mean I know a lot of people who think he was blackballed, but I also don't think my anecdotal evidence is any better than anyone else. I'm sure the majority of people are stupid like in most situations. Where you got one group of idiots going "BUT BUT BUT HE DISRESPECTED OUR TROOOOPPPSS!". And you got another group of people that go "BUT BUT BUT IT'S BECAUSE EVERYONE IS RACIST". And then you got the group of people I like to associate with who have nuanced, thoughtful opinions.

Social justice isn't always a bad thing. The real crime in all this is through all the partisanship and overall stupidity flowing through the air-waves the real discussion we should have been having got lost in the fog. And we started talking about "is Kaep disrespecting the troops" or "is the NFL racist". Instead of talking about the issues Kaep was trying to point at in the first place. Which are meaningful conversations, no matter what side you're on.
    Don't go being rational ... you might break the internet.

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829