Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1826272829 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrei00 View Post
    Even if it's not entirely standard language in a regular waiver, why is it a bad thing they tried to make sure that in the likely event he's not going to be able to land a spot in the league after this, they are protected against another lawsuit?

I mean, no matter of how extremely pro-Kaepernick you are, at some point you have to accept that the NFL, as a business, has a right to operate in their best interest, and this falls well within the boundaries of that.
    Of course they have the right to operate in their best interests, but so does Kaepernick. So far people here seem to be deifying the NFL for operating in their best interests and vilifying Kaepernick for doing the same.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Of course they have the right to operate in their best interests, but so does Kaepernick. So far people here seem to be deifying the NFL for operating in their best interests and vilifying Kaepernick for doing the same.
    I stated in my first post in this thread more power to Kaep for trying to capitalize on the situation. I have no ill will towards a man trying to use a situation to profit. Thereís also a rumor that Nike has a Kaep shoe set to drop in December so it makes total sense to get as much pub as possible before. Also, letís be honest, Kaep had sort of disappeared from the limelight as of late. Furthermore, the NFL will do fine without Kaep, without any player for that matter. The best player ever at Kaeps position (Brady) will retire one day (hopefully soon) and the nfl wonít miss a beat. So in that regard, Kaep needs the NFL (for publicity) more than the NFL needs Kaep, hence people not liking Kaeps actions and favoring the NFLs.

Reminder: The only one who really benefits from people fighting about wedge issues are the bank accounts of networks, lobbyists and campaign funds.

It was in his best interest to sign the damn waiver and participate in the workout the NFl was offering, there was no need for his attire, it was a PR stunt by Kaep plain and simple. If he actually wanted to quarterback he would have showed up like most all other players do and did what he was supposed to do. The guy had 25 teams wanting to watch his workout, instead he moved and had like 7 watch it. If anyone still feels sorry for him then I definitely feel sorry for them.

He is throwing it off saying that he was afraid the NFL would mess with the tape they were sending to teams, the 25 teams that wanted to see him where there, they didn't need the tape.

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Reminder: The only one who really benefits from people fighting about wedge issues are the bank accounts of networks, lobbyists and campaign funds.
    It also helps Kap keep his name in play.

Well, I guess it really depends on what his interests are, because we can't be sure on the matter and there are two polarized point of views on it. Some will swear he is genuine about wanting to come back into the league, some pretend to see through his actions and claim it's all a smoke screen for further publicity. His actions would rather suggest the latter.

And yes, regardless of what his motive really is here, he has a right to work in his best interest. I just think it's silly to perpetuate the idea that he's being screwed over by the NFL with little things such as signing the waiver (which they were smart to do) when they have that exact same right as him.

To those that say he should have gone to the workout: Does anyone actually think that if Kaepernick had gone to the NFL workout and thrown like Joe Montana that heíd have been signed by a team?

To those that say he doesnít want to play in the NFL: Does anyone actually think that if a team offered him a 1 year $20 mil contract to be their starting QB heíd say no?

To those that say he should have gone to the workout: Does anyone actually think that if Kaepernick had gone to the NFL workout and thrown like Joe Montana that heíd have been signed by a team?

To those that say he doesnít want to play in the NFL: Does anyone actually think that if a team offered him a 1 year $20 mil contract to be their starting QB heíd say no?
    25 teams sure would've given him better odds than 8.

And duh. Of course he would, but that's not gonna happen. More realistically, do you think he would if he was offered $10M to come in and compete for a spot? I don't.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    25 teams sure would've given him better odds than 8.

And duh. Of course he would, but that's not gonna happen. More realistically, do you think he would if he was offered $10M to come in and compete for a spot? I don't.
    $10 mil and a chance? Heíd sign.

And your first part didnít answer my question: do you actually think any team was going to sign him after that workout no matter how good he threw?

And your first part didnít answer my question: do you actually think any team was going to sign him after that workout no matter how good he threw?
    I'm skeptical about that.

And nobody really knows. What I do know is that 25 sets of eyes would've given him a better shot than 8 sets of eyes. Are you arguing that I'm wrong about that?
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

I think the issue I see with the whole thing is that it's been 3 years of Kap failing to demonstrate that he wants to put playing football first. I supported his message when he was playing, and support him continuing to push whatever message he wants to push now. That said as time went on in his playing time it appeared his commitment to improving his on field play was slowly fading, and NFL teams want people who put football first.

I think Kap had a reasonable chance to prove to NFL teams that he was going to put football first several times over the years that this whole thing seemed to me to be a PR thing from all parties right from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I think the issue I see with the whole thing is that it's been 3 years of Kap failing to demonstrate that he wants to put playing football first. I supported his message when he was playing, and support him continuing to push whatever message he wants to push now. That said as time went on in his playing time it appeared his commitment to improving his on field play was slowly fading, and NFL teams want people who put football first.

I think Kap had a reasonable chance to prove to NFL teams that he was going to put football first several times over the years that this whole thing seemed to me to be a PR thing from all parties right from the start.
    This is the exact feeling i received from all sides.
    Yankees Farm System

I don't particularly enjoy or wish, or ever plan on eating worms, but for $20 million dollars, hell, I probably would. But even if you take the controversy out of the question, for being out of football for so long and for never being that great of a QB to begin with, he's not getting that, so it's a senseless point to begin with.

Your first point is also strongly tied to what I'm arguing above. For 20M a year, no, no team would sign him even if he looked like Joe Montana... in a workout.

First of all, Iím skeptical of a team offering any player that type of money and a starting job based on a workout. Obviously, Kaep wants to earn money and currently the easiest way for him to do that is from endorsements with Nike. Also, his endorsement deal seems to be based on him not playing more so than playing. I think we can all agree Kaep is at his very best in the bottom 20 (20-32) of starting NFL QBs. How many bottom 20 QBs are getting huge endorsement deals with Nike? I believe he even has his own sneaker coming out in Dec. Nike is banking on his SJW image to sell to millennials. Not his ability or inability to throw a pass on a sub par team with money to blow.

Who cares?!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1826272829 LastLast