Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

CA screwing up legal pot and free money

https://www.kcra.com/article/califor...ustry/29901159

When CA had legal medical weed there were several thousand growers and sellers, when they went fully legal they went crazy with the regulations at every level and put most of the businesses out of business. Now they are upping the cost of entry and revitalizing the illegal growers and sellers.

Yeah, I'm fully in the **** legalization camp (well at least the version of legalization California has rolled out).

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

The thing is, now that it's legal you can't be busted by CA police for having pot, the users are all protected and now that the illegal pot is better quality and cheaper the illegal pot market is exploding.

CA had 12 states legalize before them to use for examples of how to and how not to do it and still managed to screw it up in almost every way.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    The thing is, now that it's legal you can't be busted by CA police for having pot, the users are all protected and now that the illegal pot is better quality and cheaper the illegal pot market is exploding.
    Things were better overall under the medicinal laws if you ask me.

CA had 12 states legalize before them to use for examples of how to and how not to do it and still managed to screw it up in almost every way.
    Which didn't surprise me in the least.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Things were better overall under the medicinal laws if you ask me.

Which didn't surprise me in the least.
    True. It's still kind of amazing that they can manage it though. In a case where an illegal industry was waiting to go legit and was right there to take over if they screwed it up, and billions on the table they got EXTRA greedy anyhow.

What has california NOT screwed up?
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

It will change. I think Iíve mentioned this before but Iíve done some work with some of the bigger cannabis companies and the private equity companies that back them. Universal opinion is that it will be federally decriminalized after the 2020 election regardless of who wins. I forgot what the political rationale was but from a regulatory position itís essentially down to them debating which part of the plant pharma gets to control and which goes to the commercialized retail market.

I think some of it will get worse but overall regulations should get better.

Either way, the accessibility in CA is fantastic and trumps any of these other nitpicky issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    What has california NOT screwed up?
    Wine
    National parks
    Environmental regulations

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Wine
    National parks

2 of those are spot on.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    2 of those are spot on.
    Yea, the national parks are burning down.

It will change. I think Iíve mentioned this before but Iíve done some work with some of the bigger cannabis companies and the private equity companies that back them. Universal opinion is that it will be federally decriminalized after the 2020 election regardless of who wins. I forgot what the political rationale was but from a regulatory position itís essentially down to them debating which part of the plant pharma gets to control and which goes to the commercialized retail market.

Either way, the accessibility in CA is fantastic and trumps any of these other nitpicky issues.

It getting decriminalized nationally does nothing to address the over regulation in California that makes it easier and more convenient to NOT pay the taxes and buy illegally.

Wine
    National parks

So the the thing they have ZERO control over because it's run by the federal government they haven't screwed up...

Yes, but how stupid is it for CA to blow it so spectacularly?

Wine
    National parks
    CA is screwing up their environment worse than some other states too. There are parts of CA that have dropped 28 feet because of the destruction they are allowing corporate farmers to get away with.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    It getting decriminalized nationally does nothing to address the over regulation in California that makes it easier and more convenient to NOT pay the taxes and buy illegally.
    Yea, I got a friend that actually went black market, legal, back to black market. Hes like you barely make **** after taxes
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast