Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Once again, it wasn't his workout, it was the NFL's. They were the ones who set the workout up.
    The NFL set up a workout for him. He changed the location and had his own workout, mostly for attention.

Do you really think he still wants to play in the NFL?

Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    The NFL set up a workout for him. He changed the location and had his own workout, mostly for attention.

Do you really think he still wants to play in the NFL?
    Factually incorrect.

He changed the workout because the NFL would not allow press inside to see the workout. Because the NFL would not tell him what routes he was throwing. Because the NFL would not tell him what receivers he was throwing those routes to. Because the NFL would not tell him who was attending the workout. Because the NFL was forcing him to sign an unusual liability waiver indemnifying them of any fault.

If the NFL was serious, why did they did they not tell him these basic things?

Factually incorrect.

He changed the workout because the NFL would not allow press inside to see the workout. Because the NFL would not tell him what routes he was throwing. Because the NFL would not tell him what receivers he was throwing those routes to. Because the NFL would not tell him who was attending the workout. Because the NFL was forcing him to sign an unusual liability waiver indemnifying them of any fault.

Kaepernick wanted to film the workout himself. This is not usual.

Kaepernick wanted to throw to his own receivers. This is not usual.

I highly doubt the NFL tells free agents what routes they will throw prior to a workout.

The waiver was usual liability according to the NFL.

Kaepernick wanted to film the workout himself. This is not usual.

Kaepernick wanted to throw to his own receivers. This is not usual.

I highly doubt the NFL tells free agents what routes they will throw prior to a workout.

The waiver was usual liability according to the NFL.
    1. He wanted Press at his workout and he wanted to film the workout. That is not unusual. Press are allowed at every Pro Day in colleges around the country. What is unusual is the NFL denying the Press entrance to the workout.

2. That is not unusual. Players usually throw to their own receivers during Pro Days. What is unusual is the NFL mandating who he must throw to.

3. The waiver was not a usual liability waiver. It was different than the standard waivers the NFL normally makes players sign.

Honestly, it seems as if you have no clue what you're talking about (not an uncommon thing with you).

You don't need to have opinions on everything. You don't have to post if you don't know what you're arguing about. At least spend a few minutes on Google, dude! It would take you 3 minutes to realize how many incorrect things you've just spewed out.
    Hello there! Welcome to ManRam v8.00.
    Patch notes: This version is nice, funny, cool & goodô now

As a 49ers fan: It was clear Kap wasn't quite so into football anymore in 2015 ... the number 1 thing any team looks for in a prospect is a passion to play the game, and Kap lost it quite a while ago.

1. He wanted Press at his workout and he wanted to film the workout. That is not unusual. Press are allowed at every Pro Day in colleges around the country. What is unusual is the NFL denying the Press entrance to the workout.

2. That is not unusual. Players usually throw to their own receivers during Pro Days. What is unusual is the NFL mandating who he must throw to.

3. The waiver was not a usual liability waiver. It was different than the standard waivers the NFL normally makes players sign.

Honestly, it seems as if you have no clue what you're talking about (not an uncommon thing with you).
    1) This was not a pro day. This was an nfl free agent workout. Free agents work our for NFL teams all the time with no press. Kaep just wants the publicity.

2) Again, not a pro day. Also, why would it matter the WRs? Just throw the ball.

3) The waiver was one given at National Invitational Camp at all NFL Combines and by NFL clubs when trying out free agent players. Thatís usual.

Honestly, it seems like the NFL called Kaep on his bluff. I have no ill will towards him. Heís capping on his fame. Are you saying youíd rather have Kaep than your current QB?

Philadelphia 76ers

2014 Orlando Summer League Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    You don't need to have opinions on everything. You don't have to post if you don't know what you're arguing about. At least spend a few minutes on Google, dude! It would take you 3 minutes to realize how many incorrect things you've just spewed out.
    Seems like many in or around the NFL agree with me though? Mostly non sports related SJWs are still pulling for Kaep. This wasnít about his protest though. It was about an NFL workout.

Philadelphia 76ers

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    I was going to talk about football, but for some reason this was moved to the Politics forum, so I'd be off topic

I guess I don't follow the reason to move the thread.
    Neither do I.

1) This was not a pro day. This was an nfl free agent workout. Free agents work our for NFL teams all the time with no press. Kaep just wants the publicity.

2) Again, not a pro day. Also, why would it matter the WRs? Just throw the ball.

3) The waiver was one given at National Invitational Camp at all NFL Combines and by NFL clubs when trying out free agent players. Thatís usual.

Honestly, it seems like the NFL called Kaep on his bluff. I have no ill will towards him. Heís capping on his fame. Are you saying youíd rather have Kaep than your current QB?
    I asked earlier in the thread who wanted Kaep to come in be their starter going forward, One Bears fan said he did. Everyone else wants to see im in the league so they say but for some other team they dont pull for. One eagles fan said they would take him as their backup.

1). This is not a FA workout. This has literally never been done before. Why is it so important to you that press not see the workout?

3). The waiver was not the one given at National Invitational Camps or NFL Combines:

https://www.businessinsider.com/nfl-...rights-2019-11

The second paragraph of the waiver required Kaepernick to acknowledge that he was "made no promise of employment" and that "his participation in the Workout does not guarantee" that he "will be offered employment."

he seventh paragraph required Kaepernick to "hold harmless National Invitational Camp, Inc., National Football Scouting, Inc., the owner(s), operator(s) and manager(s) of the Facility, any and all individuals participating in or present at the Workout, including, without limitation, Joe Philbin, the National Football League ('NFL') and each of its 32 NFL Member Clubs, and each of the foregoing parties' respective direct and indirect affiliates, partners, subsidiaries, agents, representatives, employees, shareholders, officers, directors, attorneys, insurers, successors and assigns (collectively, the 'Released Parties'), from and against any and all claims, demands, actions, causes of action, suits, grievances, costs, losses, expenses, damages, injuries, illnesses, and losses (including death) caused by, arising out of, occurring during, or related directly or indirectly to the Workout, Player's presence at the Facility, and any medical treatment or services rendered in connection with or necessitated by Player's participation in the Workout."

These are not standard paragraphs in normal waivers.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    I was going to talk about football, but for some reason this was moved to the Politics forum, so I'd be off topic

I guess I don't follow the reason to move the thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Neither do I.
    When a thread from one of the major sports forums is getting posters too heated with each other, always hide it away in the General Discussions or Politics forum to throw people off and stifle activity.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

1). This is not a FA workout. This has literally never been done before. Why is it so important to you that press not see the workout?

3). The waiver was not the one given at National Invitational Camps or NFL Combines:

https://www.businessinsider.com/nfl-...rights-2019-11

The second paragraph of the waiver required Kaepernick to acknowledge that he was "made no promise of employment" and that "his participation in the Workout does not guarantee" that he "will be offered employment."

he seventh paragraph required Kaepernick to "hold harmless National Invitational Camp, Inc., National Football Scouting, Inc., the owner(s), operator(s) and manager(s) of the Facility, any and all individuals participating in or present at the Workout, including, without limitation, Joe Philbin, the National Football League ('NFL') and each of its 32 NFL Member Clubs, and each of the foregoing parties' respective direct and indirect affiliates, partners, subsidiaries, agents, representatives, employees, shareholders, officers, directors, attorneys, insurers, successors and assigns (collectively, the 'Released Parties'), from and against any and all claims, demands, actions, causes of action, suits, grievances, costs, losses, expenses, damages, injuries, illnesses, and losses (including death) caused by, arising out of, occurring during, or related directly or indirectly to the Workout, Player's presence at the Facility, and any medical treatment or services rendered in connection with or necessitated by Player's participation in the Workout."

These are not standard paragraphs in normal waivers.
    1) Kaep is an NFL free agent. He opted out of his last contract. Obviously, they are giving him some unprecedented treatment given the circumstances but the facts surrounding Kaepernicks position in the NFL are the same

2) Most free agent work outs are closed to the press for a variety of reasons. Why would it be important that the press is there other than publicity?

3) the waiver you mentioned is the exact waiver I did. Kaep is a FA, therefore the NFL should not have to claim liability given an injury and the workout was not a guarantee of employment. Thatís standard.

Philadelphia 76ers

1) Kaep is an NFL free agent. He opted out of his last contract. Obviously, they are giving him some unprecedented treatment given the circumstances but the facts surrounding Kaepernicks position in the NFL are the same

2) Most free agent work outs are closed to the press for a variety of reasons. Why would it be important that the press is there other than publicity?

3) the waiver you mentioned is the exact waiver I did. Kaep is a FA, therefore the NFL should not have to claim liability given an injury and the workout was not a guarantee of employment. Thatís standard.
    Even if it's not entirely standard language in a regular waiver, why is it a bad thing they tried to make sure that in the likely event he's not going to be able to land a spot in the league after this, they are protected against another lawsuit?

I mean, no matter of how extremely pro-Kaepernick you are, at some point you have to accept that the NFL, as a business, has a right to operate in their best interest, and this falls well within the boundaries of that.

Factually incorrect.

Quit with the spin job!

He is a sham!
    My top 5 Yankee playoff teams

5. 2009

Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 LastLast