Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    In

Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    So, it's the MLB's fault that

Youth does not play baseball the way they used to. Basically forcing teams to merge, which hurts the poorer communities.

Hence the decline in ''black'' people in baseball.

Got it.

Not sure what rules are in place that prevent them from playing in the MLB. Guess that rule doesn't apply to the uptick in 'Spanish' players making it to the majors.

By that logic I shouldn't watch the NFL or NBA.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Yes, don't watch NBA or NFL if that is how you think and feel. I do not want to derail this thread.

Briefly, Just drive through any poorer neighborhood today. The softball and baseball diamonds have been replaced by shiny new football fields. The last park we remodeled in my neighborhood (upper middle class) were to remove softball fields and replace with tennis court, three soccer fields, children apparatuses, and huge picnic area. I argued for basketball court, but the THREE soccer fields won. We also updated the parking lot and repaved the boat launch. I attend these meetings if it has to do with my neighborhood and surrounding ones and vote to take out all the softball/baseball fields. No need anymore. The baseball and softball fields have been moved to a nearby smaller town and next to their high school. I think it goes on in probably all the communities in the US now.

MLB does not try to build international baseball schools in black countries. The do not promote baseball in black communities and their kids and parents have tuned them out. I've tuned them out. My reason being it's too long and boring and weak players are coddled. I dislike the specialty the game has become with too many RPs. SPs do not go 9 innings anymore. Most baseball melees are fake. There will be no more Bob Gibsons or Randy Johnsons who will hit batters and scared the living daylights out of them.

++++++++

Instead, I rather see the Astros punished HARD, HARD, HARD. I just read the GMs at their winter meetings were terribly upset about what happened and are asking for same. Maybe they will vacate the Astros title in 2017.

I also read the rules against using technology were implemented in 2018, so maybe the Astros get off scot-free. But for now, I am exercising my right to not watch MLB until they change the rules. It's really about tradition more than anything else; it's stupid.

This post will probably be deleted, so I'm going to post in a different thread. I've said my peace on the Astros and blacks in MLB.
    Last edited by jasonbourne; 11-16-2019 at 01:25 PM.

If you're not going to watch it, maybe you shouldn't post about it either.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Not sure how you got that from my statement. Because I was just using your logic, not mine.

I watch basketball(on occasion), football, baseball and hockey.

Anyway, yes. I don't want to derail this thread any further. Carry on.

He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Fireman. I don't think spliff was talking about you lol

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Fireman. I don't think spliff was talking about you lol
    I was talking about JB. Who quoted me above spiff.

His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Team strikeouts by year in MLB:

Astros in 17: 1,087 (1st)
    Astros in 18: 1,197 (2nd)
    Astros in 19: 1,166 (1st)

Hitting a baseball isnít easy, but imagine knowing when to sit dead red or sit back and wait on it. Itís disgusting how frustrating this cheating scandal has become.

In 2016, Astros 4th highest team in MLB with strikeouts at 1,452.

Hm.

Last edited by RCSownsU; 11-17-2019 at 12:42 AM.

MLB is gonna hammer those shysters. They simply took it too far.

Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    Not sure how you got that from my statement. Because I was just using your logic, not mine.

I watch basketball(on occasion), football, baseball and hockey.

Anyway, yes. I don't want to derail this thread any further. Carry on.

I wasn't talking to you.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

SI now writes an article somewhat critical of the Astros sign stealing scandal. Fans may be able to sue for refunds and more to Astros games they attended at Minute Maid Park in 2017. I thought SI's senior writer baseball writer wrote it was okay for the Astros to use electronic devices to cheat. Now, he has changed his tune as the allegations have video, personal testimony, weight, and MLB investigating. He appeared on youtube to contradict what he wrote.

I spoke to some casual fans about it and they are upset. There are other videos out now on the internet showing the cheating. These fans know sign stealing is legal when done by a player at second base or from the dugout, but they don't want electronic devices or even binoculars being used. Aren't use of binoculars illegal? One baseball analyst explained a team that won't be mentioned had devised a slick way to do it in the past before 2017. It was to have someone with binoculars to get the signs and press a signal to someone else operating a lighting system that was set up in right field behind the foul pole. Only someone who knew of the lights there would look and get the sign. He said other ways to convey to the batter what was coming was where the first or third base coach stood in their box.

It seems that fans who attended Astros games could now sue to get refunds and more. It would only take one person to sue and start a class action lawsuit.

Could Fans Sue Astros Over Sign-Stealing Scandal?
    There is precedent for fans suing teams and leagues involved in cheating controversies.
    https://www.si.com/mlb/2019/11/14/as...ealing-lawsuit
    Last edited by jasonbourne; 11-17-2019 at 06:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I wasn't talking to you.
    I was replying to JB. - _-

Yeah, sounds like there's an email trail now.

I knew it! Meanwhile people telling me they're an admirable organization and all this other stuff. NOPE! They're cheats and I've been suspecting it. So glad to see it. MLB needs to come down HARD on them and take away their 2017 championship.

Curious. How did you know they were cheating? What tipped you off?

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast