Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Video Evidence of the Astros Stealing Signs Electronically in 2017 Emerges

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/a...n-report-says/

You can jump to 2:55 to see Farquar pitching. The Astros banged a trash can whenever a breaking ball would be called for. You can see Farquar call his catcher out at 2:58 when it happened again to change the signs.

The issue here isn't the players stealing signs by a catcher not showing them. It's that they are using a centerfield camera to do it.

They should receive a huge punishment, but I expect just about nothing to happen as baseball wont spend much time on it hoping for it to fall out of the public spotlight.

Okay was this a rare thing or did this happen like every game?

Fire Luke Walton

Force them to give back their WS trophy and release all of their elite talent.

Am sure this is happening in all organizations just by different means. Everyone is looking for a competitive advantage. Suspend Lunhow, fine the organization and take away some draft picks/IFA slot allotments.

Quote Originally Posted by sacgiants1213 View Post
    Okay was this a rare thing or did this happen like every game?
    I think it would take some MLB investigators looking into a lot of video, doing interviews, etc, to find out, before something can come of it.

I think the punishment needs to be pretty severe. As Fiers said it's about more then just the cheating aspect.

"I just want the game to be cleaned up a little bit because there are guys who are losing their jobs because they're going in there not knowing," Fiers said in the story. "Young guys getting hit around in the first couple of innings starting a game, and then they get sent down. It's [B.S.] on that end. It's ruining jobs for younger guys. The guys who know are more prepared. But most people don't. That's why I told my team. We had a lot of young guys with Detroit [in 2018] trying to make a name and establish themselves. I wanted to help them out and say, 'Hey, this stuff really does go on. Just be prepared.'"

I also wonder about the impact on a guy like Yu Darvish. He had a great year, and a great playoffs, up to the world series where he got rocked, in the most important games of his career, by an Astros team that seemed to know everything that was coming. He considered retirement and even started messing with his delivery to avoid tipping pitches because that was the assumption. Turns out they knew what was coming because of surveillance equipment.

Flat out bush league.

Although I doubt they're the only ones doing it. They just got caught.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

https://twitter.com/Jomboy_/status/1...965437952?s=08

His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    https://twitter.com/Jomboy_/status/1...965437952?s=08

Thanks for the link. I like Jomboy's stuff but feel as though his Yankee fanship is affecting his thoughts on this a bit (mainly when he starts talking about Hinch at the end).

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Thanks for the link. I like Jomboy's stuff but feel as though his Yankee fanship is affecting his thoughts on this a bit (mainly when he starts talking about Hinch at the end).
    Oh yeah, his Yankee bias is showing a bit.

Video evidence is pretty damming though.

I dislike almost everything from Jomboy, but this video is good.

What do you generally dislike about his content?

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    What do you generally dislike about his content?
    GF was dumped by Tommy.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast