Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    I love how this all started. Fiers was basically like, ďGuys cheat but this isnít the right way to cheatĒ

Iím very confident that the Astros arenít the only team to go above and beyond with the cheating.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    I love how this all started. Fiers was basically like, ďGuys cheat but this isnít the right way to cheatĒ

Iím very confident that the Astros arenít the only team to go above and beyond with the cheating.
    Considering the scandal around the PED history, I wouldnít be surprised. Itís like we need a scanner to review each bat to make sure itís not corked, drug test, and a FBI technology agent before every at-bat.

Itís much different than looking for sandpaper, file, or sticky substance on a pitcher during a game and definitely less entertaining.

https://youtu.be/awAtYz_b8jA

Quote Originally Posted by thefeckcampaign View Post
    Considering the scandal around the PED history, I wouldnít be surprised. Itís like we need a scanner to review each bat to make sure itís not corked, drug test, and a FBI technology agent before every at-bat.

Itís much different than looking for sandpaper, file, or sticky substance on a pitcher during a game and definitely less entertaining.

Nah, none of those things. Baseball is a game built for cheating. Thereís nothing honest about the game at all. Every team steals signs and probably has some special way of doing it thatís beyond the people in the dugout.

This whole fiasco brings me back to ďthe man in whiteĒ scandal with the Jays. They never got investigated but I wouldnít be surprised if it was true.

Nah, none of those things. Baseball is a game built for cheating. Thereís nothing honest about the game at all. Every team steals signs and probably has some special way of doing it thatís beyond the people in the dugout.

This whole fiasco brings me back to ďthe man in whiteĒ scandal with the Jays. They never got investigated but I wouldnít be surprised if it was true.
    Thereís a big difference to me between a guy on second base stealing signs and a guy off the field or using technology.

Thereís a big difference to me between a guy on second base stealing signs and a guy off the field or using technology.
    Yeah and Iím saying that probably every team has people that help them out who arenít on the field or wearing a uniform.

Yeah and Iím saying that probably every team has people that help them out who arenít on the field or wearing a uniform.
    I feel like if this were the case some other team would've been accused, not just the Astros for 3 straight years. Not saying it's impossible by any means, just doubtful that any other team went the the lengths Houston did.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    I feel like if this were the case some other team would've been accused, not just the Astros for 3 straight years. Not saying it's impossible by any means, just doubtful that any other team went the the lengths Houston did.
    Yeah the cameras might've been a new thing. I wouldn't be surprised if teams had people in the seats though.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Video Evidence of the Astros Stealing Signs Electronically in 2017 Emerges

Haha, you said sandpaper? That reminds me that no one cheats better than Australianís. Between the story I shared earlier about Essendonís 34 players who drug cheated and all got a year suspension. A couple other proud moments was the Australian Cricket team using sandpaper to doctor the ball to cheat (one year ban for all 3 players involved, including the captain). But the best one was the Melbourne Storm Rugby team who cheated the salary cap for a few years and their sanctions was having 2 Australian Premiershipís (equivalent of the Super Bowl), 3 Minor Premiershipís (finishing 1st in the standings after the regular season) and 1 world club cup all stripped off them, a huge fine and loss of draft picks. The last one was taken off them and given to the team from England that they beat.

If Manfred wanted to make an example of the Astros after his investigation. That ^ is how you go about it.

Sandpaper is cheating, but it's low tech. The ump could catch the evidence on the ball if it's acting strange. He could easily toss the scuffed ball out. However, what the Astros did was high tech and sounds like a more surreptitious operation than thought if MLB is expanding the investigation. I would think vacating the title in 2017, major fines, and taking draft picks away for each year is not out of the question if the cheating went on for years.

Houston dominated in 2019 with 107 wins and manager AJ Hinch. In 2018, they did 103 wins and Hinch. 2017 had 101 wins and ship with Hinch.

As for other teams doing this, you'd have to have some player come forward.

How rare is a 100-win season you might ask?

Check it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...00_win_seasons

No other team had consecutive 100-win seasons like the Astros.
    Last edited by jasonbourne; 11-23-2019 at 12:46 AM.

Josh Reddick's career year was in 2017.....
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

If the Astros are guilty of high-tech cheating for one-to-three years, then the fans had some fun stuff to add to the *official* punishment .

https://twitter.com/BobbleHouse16/st...072192/video/1

That bobblehead loooool

What does it say that Kershaws only bad performance came in Houston, and he was dominate at home.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    What does it say that Kershaws only bad performance came in Houston, and he was dominate at home.
    that you guys were using cameras as well?

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    that you guys were using cameras as well?
    Or maybe we should blame all of Kershaw's playoff failures on cheating.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast