Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    Curious. How did you know they were cheating? What tipped you off?
    Two years ago, on this site, I said that I thought they were cheating.

My guess was PED's or some substance the pitchers were using to increase spin rate. Just because they were stealing signs, doesn't mean that they aren't also doing PED's or a foreign substance for the pitchers. Or of course, both. Which I'm leaning towards.

To me, it was painfully obvious that they were cheating. How was my question.

There's no way to make this right. MVPs and titles can't be handed out after the fact.

The only consequence will be the way we look at them, which will be like the way we view the worst PED abusers. They were impressive, but they were cheats.

Quote Originally Posted by JudgeMeNot View Post
    There's no way to make this right. MVPs and titles can't be handed out after the fact.

The only consequence will be the way we look at them, which will be like the way we view the worst PED abusers. They were impressive, but they were cheats.
    I don't look at PED users any differently. Bonds, Arod, Clemens etc. Doesn't bother me one bit. There are known PED users in the hall of fame and I'm sure 100s of guys who used and didn't get caught. No big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by JudgeMeNot View Post

Sure they can. Titles and awards can be stripped. Aaron Judge was 2nd in MVP votes (should've been first, but Rookie and NY bias went against him) That's an easy thing to do. World Series similar thing.

MLB needs to come down hard on them. They're a filthy cheat organization with filthy cheat players who have no respect for the game.

I told people that the 'stros window was closing and now its close to over for them. Look forward to seeing what teams will step up in 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
    Sure they can. Titles and awards can be stripped. Aaron Judge was 2nd in MVP votes (should've been first, but Rookie and NY bias went against him) That's an easy thing to do. World Series similar thing.

MLB needs to come down hard on them. They're a filthy cheat organization with filthy cheat players who have no respect for the game.

I told people that the 'stros window was closing and now its close to over for them. Look forward to seeing what teams will step up in 2019.
    No they won't and they shouldn't. Get over it.

The Nats already stepped up in '19.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Sure, poor NY. Their players never get acknowledged. Are you serious??? Maybe you are correct about what they should do to the Astros, but I think you are a bit overboard when discussing the Yankees getting robbed of something because of bias against NY and more specifically the Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    I don't look at PED users any differently. Bonds, Arod, Clemens etc. Doesn't bother me one bit. There are known PED users in the hall of fame and I'm sure 100s of guys who used and didn't get caught. No big deal.
    It is a huge deal. They cheated the game, PERIOD!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rcal10 View Post
    Not a big deal at all. PERIOD!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rcal10 View Post
    It's a very big deal, you're right. And even if some people are in the HoF who were also using an ILLEGAL-BANNED substance, that doesn't make it ok. If someone drove home drunk and made it home ok that doesn't make it ok.

It's a very big deal, you're right. And even if some people are in the HoF who were also using an ILLEGAL-BANNED substance, that doesn't make it ok. If someone drove home drunk and made it home ok that doesn't make it ok.
    These 2 things are not even remotely similar.

Lol

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    These 2 things are not even remotely similar.
    Doing something and getting away with it doesn’t make it right nor does making it okay for everyone else.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast