Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 49 of 56 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bainsy View Post
    Speaking of Verlander..........He's been awfully quiet on this particular subject....Just saying!
    He knows he's a hypocrite if he does talk, especially after what he said about Dee Gordon and his PED suspension.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Me next!

They'll be fighting for a WC spot but they'll come up just short. 93 wins.

Bregman has less than 100 walks
    Jose Altuve doesn't hit 30 HRs this year

What's your prediction MBT?
    I don't think 93 wins is a drastic prediction at all, actually. I think the Vegas over/under (97 wins) seems more than fair. If I had to pick between the over/under, I'd give it a slight over, but I think they almost certainly fall within 3-4 wins from that 97 figure. If you force me to put a number on it, I'd go 98-99. I still think they're one of the three best teams in baseball, but I worry about their starting rotation with Verlander and Greinke being so old and McCullers coming back from TJS. Also, I just think the division got a lot better.

I do think Bregman easily tops 100 walks, barring him missing significant time. That would genuinely shock me if he didn't. Where the guy hits in the lineup, his recognition of pitches outsize the zone and his unwillingness to swing at those pitches—I just think predicting the under is a miss. Also, a prediction of under is pretty much saying "I think the guy cheated in 2019." And you and I both know where we stand on this one. I'm taking the over and not thinking twice about it.

Altuve's homers are tougher to judge. Because he's always been more of a singles and doubles hitter until last season, where he somehow hit 31 in only 124 games. I could honestly see it going either way. Maybe last season was an anomaly from a power standpoint, or maybe that was just a sign of things to come and he's capable of that night in and night out. My gut tell me to take the under, though.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    I don't think 93 wins is a drastic prediction at all, actually. I think the Vegas over/under (97 wins) seems more than fair. If I had to pick between the over/under, I'd give it a slight over, but I think they almost certainly fall within 3-4 wins from that 97 figure. If you force me to put a number on it, I'd go 98-99. I still think they're one of the three best teams in baseball, but I worry about their starting rotation with Verlander and Greinke being so old and McCullers coming back from TJS. Also, I just think the division got a lot better.

I do think Bregman easily tops 100 walks, barring him missing significant time. That would genuinely shock me if he didn't. Where the guy hits in the lineup, his recognition of pitches outsize the zone and his unwillingness to swing at those pitches —I just think predicting the under is a miss. Also, a prediction of under is pretty much saying "I think the guy cheated in 2019." And you and I both know where we stand on this one. I'm taking the over and not thinking twice about it.

Altuve's homers are tougher to judge. Because he's always been more of a singles and doubles hitter until last season, where he somehow hit 31 in only 124 games. I could honestly see it going either way. Maybe last season was an anomaly from a power standpoint, or maybe that was just a sign of things to come and he's capable of that night in and night out. My gut tell me to take the under, though.
    Truly crazy how good his eye is at the plate. It's almost as if he knew what was coming.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Truly crazy how good his eye is at the plate. It's almost as if he knew what was coming.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    I got this one MBT:

Cheating is totally normal and widespread and EVERYONE is guilty along with the Astros. Also, fans sue their own team all the time, and Bregman's pitch recognition renders the whole controversy moot.

I don't think 93 wins is a drastic prediction at all, actually.
    Nor do I. Predicting much more than that from any team in any season seems to be more drastic. There's so much that can happen in a 162 game season, that I'd be hard pressed to bet on a 100 win season for basically any team.

PSD: Where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Quote Originally Posted by JudgeMeNot View Post
    I got this one MBT:

Cheating is totally normal and widespread and EVERYONE is guilty along with the Astros. Also, fans sue their own team all the time, and Bregman's pitch recognition renders the whole controversy moot.

PSD: Where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

I got this one MBT:

The irony in you then calling other people out for flaming, trolling, etc. You should try being more self aware.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    The irony in you then calling other people out for flaming, trolling, etc. You should try being more self aware.
    Is satire banned? Honest question. Because I see that on here all the time.

Is satire banned? Honest question. Because I see that on here all the time.
    Satire is not trying to imitate and singling out other posters. Like I said, you do you but complaining when it happens to you after stuff like this is way hypocritical.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Satire is not trying to imitate and singling out other posters. Like I said, you do you but complaining when it happens to you after stuff like this is way hypocritical.
    That's EXACTLY what satire is.

That's EXACTLY what satire is.
    Its not satire when you're going out of your way to bait someone. I would say that it was just humorous jabbing but that's not your history.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I absolutely think the Astros still end up in first during the seasons in question. You're simply seeing what you want to see and acting like the Astros weren't at the tail end of a giant rebuild.

If going from 84 to 101 wins is such a rare feat, why is it I'm just hearing this now for the very first time?
    So its your opinion that cheating helped them win a handful of games? Systematic cheating, giving them an advantage in one of the most fundamental aspects of the game has that little bearing?

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Post bookmarked. This will be making an appearance again in September.
    You can mark me too. I'm totally comfortable with the idea that I might be wrong but confident enough to see this as a money making opportunity that i would regret not taking. I dont know who takes bets on this kind of thing but I will be betting on a significant drop in wins this year somewhere.

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    So when it's an 0-2 count and you get the trash can bang for curveball do you expect that pitch to be in the zone? What about when you get the trash can bang for splitter? Do you ever expect a splitter to be in the zone?
    Or just knowing going into an at-bat against a guy with a devastating breaking pitch and that you can just hunt the fastball and knowing you can let everything else go until/unless you get into a situation where that is no longer possible. The pitcher works hard meanwhile you are just waiting to ambush something.

Page 49 of 56 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast