Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 48 of 56 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast
    I'll also throw it in for fun:

They'll get caught again. Like multiple offender roiders, they just won't be able to help themselves. They had a taste of the good life and won't be able to let it go.

Quote Originally Posted by JudgeMeNot View Post
    I'll own it:

I don't think they make the postseason this year. No Cole, awful organizational juju, and yes, not having the benefits of the greatest cheating scandal of the 21st century...

87 wins.
    Post bookmarked. This will be making an appearance again in September.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Sounds good man. I respect your zeal. Ain't easy to root for a team that's getting sued by its own fanbase, among others. And to be a full time apologist for everything they've done, rather than disavow it.

I'll also throw it in for fun:

They'll get caught again. Like multiple offender roiders, they just won't be able to help themselves. They had a taste of the good life and won't be able to let it go.
    I think it's extremely unlikely it would happen again. Look at the damage it's done to their brand and Crane's wallet. And everyone will be watching them so closely, any little slip up is going to be immediately be caught, and the team would be crucified. I don't just think Crane and the front office will be looking for it; I think the players will, too. They see how this has impacted the public's perception of them and their legacies—if it happens again, someone is going to speak up and say something.

I've stuck by the team through this whole debacle because I still believe the Astros aren't the only guilty parties who have used technology to gain an edge to steal signs, and I think they'll ultimately learn from this mistake. But if they don't learn anything, and they get caught doing it again, I won't be the only fan to stop supporting them. Houston loves its sports teams, but everyone has a limit, and the city will turn on them.

Sounds good man. I respect your zeal. Ain't easy to root for a team that's getting sued by its own fanbase, among others. And to be a full time apologist for everything they've done, rather than disavow it.
    I've never once said I was fine with what they did. I'm 100% not OK with it and have said so on many occasions. (It's OK. I know reading comprehension isn't your strong suit. Maybe you could have a literate friend read and translate my posts for you to make it easier?) My take that other teams are doing it doesn't in any way condone the actions of cheating. I don't want anyone to cheat, especially the team I root for. And I would prefer you not misinterpret the things I write or say.

As for the Astros fan who sued the team, this is hardly a new practice. There is a long history of fans suing teams and sports leagues, and it rarely works out for them. Here's a good article on the history of some of those suits, including what happened when a Jets fan sued the Patriots after Spygate: http://www.sportsonearth.com/article...or-the-leagues

I've never once said I was fine with what they did. I'm 100% not OK with it and have said so on many occasions. (It's OK. I know reading comprehension isn't your strong suit. Maybe you could have a literate friend read and translate my posts for you to make it easier?) My take that other teams are doing it doesn't in any way condone the actions of cheating. I don't want anyone to cheat, especially the team I root for. And I would prefer you not misinterpret the things I write or say.

As for the Astros fan who sued the team, this is hardly a new practice. There is a long history of fans suing teams and sports leagues, and it rarely works out for them. Here's a good article on the history of some of those suits, including what happened when a Jets fan sued the Patriots after Spygate: http://www.sportsonearth.com/article...or-the-leagues
    Are you getting paid for this? You should be. They could use you right now.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Knowing what pitch is coming doesn't take "know(ing) when to lay off pitches" out of the equation. Knowing that a certain pitch is coming, doesn't mean you know where the pitch is going or if it's going to be a ball or a strike.
    So when it's an 0-2 count and you get the trash can bang for curveball do you expect that pitch to be in the zone? What about when you get the trash can bang for splitter? Do you ever expect a splitter to be in the zone?
    HOW DO YOU LIKE ME NOW?

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

This thread is doing a great job of showing who actually knows the game of baseball and who only knows about stats.
    HOW DO YOU LIKE ME NOW?

Me next!

They'll be fighting for a WC spot but they'll come up just short. 93 wins.

Bregman has less than 100 walks
    Jose Altuve doesn't hit 30 HRs this year

What's your prediction MBT?
    HOW DO YOU LIKE ME NOW?

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    So when it's an 0-2 count and you get the trash can bang for curveball do you expect that pitch to be in the zone? What about when you get the trash can bang for splitter? Do you ever expect a splitter to be in the zone?
    None of this changes my point. Expectations don't always shake out. Even the best of pitchers will miss the location they meant to hit here and there.

*not to mention that the trash can scheme seemed to simply break pitches down as one of two things: fastball and non-fastball
    Last edited by spliff(TONE); 02-18-2020 at 05:30 PM.

PSD: Where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

This thread is doing a great job of showing who actually knows the game of baseball and who only knows about stats.
    What a dumb, self praising takeaway.

PSD: Where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

What a dumb, self praising takeaway.
    HOW DO YOU LIKE ME NOW?

None of this changes my point. Expectations don't always shake out. Even the best of pitchers will miss the location they meant to hit here and there.

*not to mention that the trash can scheme, seemed to simply break pitches down as one of two things: fastball and non-fastball
    Totally. And if that happens the hitter will be able to pick up on it because he knows what the pitch is before it leaves the pitcher's hand.
    HOW DO YOU LIKE ME NOW?

Totally. And if that happens the hitter will be able to pick up on it because he knows what the pitch is before it leaves the pitcher's hand.
    Again, no one is saying tipped pitches don't help the batter. The argument all of us are having is in how much it helps the batter (and unfortunately, there isn't going to be a black and white answer to this debate). Regardless, I'm willing to bet that the Astros continue to be at the top of their division and near the top of their league when it comes to team performance in '20. None of this hoopla (or lack of a "cheat code") will negatively affect their chances to the degree that something like Verlander and/or Greinke getting injured or falling off a cliff production wise would.

Again, no one is saying tipped pitches don't help the batter. The argument all of us are having is in how much it helps the batter (and unfortunately, there isn't going to be a black and white answer to this debate). Regardless, I'm willing to bet that the Astros continue to be at the top of their division and near the top of their league when it comes to team performance in '20. None of this hoopla (or lack of a "cheat code") will negatively affect their chances to the degree that something like Verlander and/or Greinke getting injured or falling off a cliff production wise would.
    Speaking of Verlander..........He's been awfully quiet on this particular subject....Just saying!

Page 48 of 56 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast