Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 42 of 56 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    I hope the Astros win the WS next year as a giant **** you to baseball.

Iím tired of people acting like they used steroids. You can switch up signs, whatíre you gonna do to counter a steroid user? Walk him?

Letís go Astros. Love to see my boy JV get another ring and another CY.
    I actually kinda want to see that as well (and expect them to be very good if nothing else).

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I actually kinda want to see that as well (and expect them to be very good if nothing else).
    Of course they're still going to be a very good team, likely win the West and be right there fighting for HFA all season.
    Not like they were the 50 win Astros without knowing what's coming and then turned into the 100 win Astros with sign stealing.
    They'll be a tad worse than the last 2 yrs though just for the simple fact of losing Gerrit Cole.
    Astros road games are going to be nuts.

Iím tired of people acting like they used steroids. You can switch up signs, whatíre you gonna do to counter a steroid user? Walk him?

This is a stupid take tbh.
    Knowing what pitch is coming is a wayyyyyy bigger advantage than PEDs. Not even close.

Stealing signs alone isn't the issue. It's using technology to steal signs is what got them in trouble.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    I'd say knowing what pitch is coming is WAY more of an advantage than steroids.
    To each their own. The Nationals did a good job at keeping their signs under wraps. Like I said, you canít do anything to counter steroids except walk a guy. Not to mention the steroid user is likely going to have a much longer career than the average player.

At the end of it all, you still have to hit the ball. No Astros put up otherworldly numbers in 2017 and even though Altuve won an MVP, itís not like he put up Bondsian esque numbers.

Still, Iím waiting for Mike Fiers to face punishment for throwing a no hitter while using pine tar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post
    Stealing signs alone isn't the issue. It's using technology to steal signs is what got them in trouble.
    Technology that virtually everyone has access to. I can and have pulled up at least a dozen articles of other teams using some sort of sign stealing methods, Iím willing to bet a good number of these players speaking out against the Astros are using something to get an unfair advantage themselves. Itís all ********, itís just trendy to hate the Astros Rn.

If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    This is a stupid take tbh.
    Knowing what pitch is coming is a wayyyyyy bigger advantage than PEDs. Not even close.
    Says the salty Yankee fan. Whatever

Yeah, I donít see anything changing. As much as I hate Bregman, I hope the dude puts up MVP esque numbers again. I want this story to go away and I want these players to get off of their high horse. More importantly, I want these annoying as **** fans who are acting like the Astros are nazis to continue crying and dive down the rabbit hole of conspiracy theories.

To each their own. The Nationals did a good job at keeping their signs under wraps. Like I said, you canít do anything to counter steroids except walk a guy. Not to mention the steroid user is likely going to have a much longer career than the average player.

At the end of it all, you still have to hit the ball. No Astros put up otherworldly numbers in 2017 and even though Altuve won an MVP, itís not like he put up Bondsian esque numbers.

Still, Iím waiting for Mike Fiers to face punishment for throwing a no hitter while using pine tar.

You do realize there were tons of players who used steroids and still sucked, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Says the salty Yankee fan. Whatever

What does my fandom have to do with it?
    Do you think pitchers would rather face a guy using PED's or a guy who knows exactly what pitch is coming? The answer is simple.

Let's put it this way. Who has a better chance of acing a test? The guy who has the answer key or the guy who took a bunch of adderall so he could stay up every night to study?

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Of course they're still going to be a very good team, likely win the West and be right there fighting for HFA all season.
    Not like they were the 50 win Astros without knowing what's coming and then turned into the 100 win Astros with sign stealing.
    They'll be a tad worse than the last 2 yrs though just for the simple fact of losing Gerrit Cole.
    Pretty much my outlook.

Yeah, I donít see anything changing. As much as I hate Bregman, I hope the dude puts up MVP esque numbers again. I want this story to go away and I want these players to get off of their high horse. More importantly, I want these annoying as **** fans who are acting like the Astros are nazis to continue crying and dive down the rabbit hole of conspiracy theories.

Pretty much right there with you once again (except I have never hated Bregman).

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    You do realize there were tons of players who used steroids and still sucked, right?
    You do realize there were Astros players who cheated and still sucked, right (including mastermind Carlos Beltran who had a 85 wRC+ at home in '17 after compiling a 142 wRC+ at home the year before with the Yankees and Rangers)?

You do realize there were Astros players who cheated and still sucked, right (including mastermind Carlos Beltran who had a 85 wRC+ at home in '17 after compiling a 142 wRC+ at home the year before with the Yankees and Rangers)?
    Yes I do. I'm not the one making statements like "you can't do anything to counter steroids except walk the guy." That's why I brought it up. Thanks for the input though

Page 42 of 56 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast