Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 56 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Right. But things like roids or par tine are individuals cheating. This is a whole organization working together to cheat.
    But thatís not the case at all. It seems the players themselves and a coach drove the train.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Yankee fans like to look at that 17 ALCS, they scored 3 runs in the 4 games they lost. They did not lose because the Astros cheated, they lost because they could not score against them in Houston and none of the pitchers were cheating.
    Be careful. You're a biased Yankee hater if you think that the Astros would have won that series without stealing signs electronically.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Every team is bending the rules to some degree. Sure the degrees vary but you're naive if you think the Astros and Red Sox were the only teams looking for a competitive advantage illegally.
    When you bring a cheat sheet to a final exam, you're outright cheating. That's not called a competitive advantage.

I absolutely think the punishment should have been harsher because this doesn't deter a team from doing something similar in the future but we can't pretend like the Astros and Red Sox are the only teams looking for that edge. Every team is.
    I think what this says to the league is, yeah, cheating is fine. What team wouldn't risk cheating to win a WS when the penalty is simply one year suspensions for the gm and manager, and 5 million dollars. The lost of 1st and 2nd round picks is meaningless. If these are the penalties, it's actually quite comical. Simply making the post season alone is a major boon to the business of any team. How much money have the astros made since 2017, due to their success from cheating? I guarantee you, it's way more than 5 million, that's laughable, LOL.
    Last edited by Webslinger; 01-14-2020 at 06:56 AM.

But thatís not the case at all. It seems the players themselves and a coach drove the train.
    I'm not buying it. There were emails released where scouts were asked about finding spots to cheat. There's actually a paper trail that indicate this goes a lot higher up than that.

Luhnow is living in an alternate universe. His lack of responsibility and his decision to blame others seems like a tactic in preparation for a wrongful termination lawsuit against the Astros.
    https://larrybrownsports.com/basebal...scandal/533059

I also find it funny that he blames the guy that's not with the organization. Real class act Luhnow is.
    Last edited by mike_noodles; 01-13-2020 at 09:49 PM.

Nah

Roids has helped a lot more than knowing what that an off pitch might come or not.
    That is a load of crap. Knowing what pitch is coming is a wayyyyyy bigger advantage than juicing and its not close

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Right. But things like roids or par tine are individuals cheating. This is a whole organization working together to cheat.
    Bingo. I haven't been taking part in these discussions... I'm really surprised to hear so many people were expecting the commissioner to come down on players.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    Bingo. I haven't been taking part in these discussions... I'm really surprised to hear so many people were expecting the commissioner to come down on players.

Nobody expected that. Manfred is an idiot. Players absolutely should have been suspended, but I knew they wouldn't be bc Manfred doesn't have a clue what he's doing and just makes up **** as he goes along.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    That is a load of crap. Knowing what pitch is coming is a wayyyyyy bigger advantage than juicing and its not close
    Knowing that a pitch is coming doesn't make you a superior athlete. It doesn't help you necessarily hit the ball further consistently, run faster, jump higher or recover from injury faster. It certainly wouldn't make you throw harder. Go ahead and justify steroid use all you want, though.

Nobody expected that. Manfred is an idiot. Players absolutely should have been suspended, but I knew they wouldn't be bc Manfred doesn't have a clue what he's doing and just makes up **** as he goes along.
    Expected/believed they should/could have been - same thing

Last edited by Jamiecballer; 01-13-2020 at 10:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
    :eyeroll: Fiers has played for 4 MLB organizations and has only said anything about 1 of them (your precious Astros) But sure every team is doing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeMeNot View Post
    The difference being... In this case it was really just the Astros who were cheating. Not seeing the Yankees GM and manager getting the boot...
    You know what sounds every bit as good to me as a 3-0 record versus the Yankees in the postseason? *3-0.

Enjoy your moral victories. I'll enjoy the literal ones. I look forward to making it *4-0 in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Knowing that a pitch is coming doesn't make you a superior athlete. It doesn't help you necessarily hit the ball further consistently, run faster, jump higher or recover from injury faster. It certainly wouldn't make you throw harder. Go ahead and justify steroid use all you want, though.
    This comment is laughable

Instead of trying to defend it justify it, just admit you don't care about what they did bc it helped them win. At least be honest.

The Astros just proved it pays to cheat. No punishment whatsoever for cheating all year straight thru the WS. They're smart.
    Last edited by goingfor28; 01-13-2020 at 10:27 PM.

This comment is laughable
    Classic. I love the 'ol "This comment is [insulting adjective]." post. A clear indication that someone has nothing legitimate to counter with and that they've lost the argument.... just like the Yankees lost to the Astros three times in the playoffs in the last five years.

Nah

Exactly!

Anyone in the MLB is already pretty much a superior athlete, with the exception of those on the downside of their career. Knowing the general speed of a pitch coming your way though makes a huge difference.

Have you ever been pitched to by someone throwing 75-80+ mph by chance?

Page 15 of 56 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast