Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 26 of 53 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeMeNot View Post
    If the Yankees did any of this, I'll be the loudest one with the pitch fork. I raise my kids to believe cheating is for losers, and I don't want them being impacted negatively by their heroes. Any speck of this in the Yankees would have to go.

Sound good, chief?
    I don't really care how or what you teach your kids, dude.

I'm going to teach my son to use his brain. To not look at the world in black and white, and to realize everything has a gray area and people are inherently imperfect. That cheating is wrong, but baseball is ultimately just a game for entertainment value. Not necessarily a place where all of his heroes should come from or whose players' life choices should be emulated or followed.

So you teach your kids how you want to teach them, and I'll teach mine how I want to teach him.

As for your Yankees, should an investigation ever come up and the team be proven to have cheated, I look forward to seeing you come in this forum, eat crow and denounce your Yankees' fandom forever. (Although you conveniently still root for the team despite the players proven to have taken steroids, so I guess everything's cool now, right? And I guess it's totally OK that they were fined in 2017, less than three years ago? You seem to have gotten over your outrage of these things pretty easily...)

Everybody did steroids. Every team.

It looks like one team cheated to win a World Series and then a guy left and brought the cheating to another team that won the World Series a year later. That's what it looks like.

Not at all comparable to steroids.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post

I'm going to teach my son to use his brain. To not look at the world in black and white, and to realize everything has a gray area and people are inherently imperfect. That cheating is wrong, but baseball is ultimately just a game for entertainment value. Not necessarily a place where all of his heroes should come from or whose players' life choices should be emulated or followed.

So you teach your kids how you want to teach them, and I'll teach mine how I want to teach him.

As for your Yankees, should an investigation ever come up and the team be proven to have cheated, I look forward to seeing you come in this forum, eat crow and denounce your Yankees' fandom forever. (Although you conveniently still root for the team despite the players proven to have taken steroids, so I guess everything's cool now, right? And I guess it's totally OK that they were fined in 2017, less than three years ago? You seem to have gotten over your outrage of these things pretty easily...)
    Well, I mean both of your teams employ domestic abusers. So you at least you can both **** on each other for that?
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Well if an investigation into the Yankees proves they cheated their way to a World Series , I will be disgusted and won’t defend it to say the least . But you are the last one to say “ told you so” when your team cheated as well .

Jack McDowell got on the radio in Charlotte today and said the White Sox were doing these things with LaRussa in the early 90s. They were using a light on a Gatorade sign in the OF to relay pitches to hitters and doing it in a manner in which it was more than players picking up on them.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Jack McDowell got on the radio in Charlotte today and said the White Sox were doing these things with LaRussa in the early 90s. They were using a light on a Gatorade sign in the OF to relay pitches to hitters and doing it in a manner in which it was more than players picking up on them.
    It's going to be great when the veil is lifted from everyone's eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    It's going to be great when the veil is lifted from everyone's eyes.
    This is probably the tip of the iceberg. More teams are going to be implicated when this is all said and done.

Wouldn't renounce it forever. But I would until all those involved in the scheme are removed. That's how you make change. But not compromising values and taking stands.

You can look forward to posts about that, should that be true. I also understand how a win-at-all-costs 21st century mentality has a hard time understanding things like values.

Well, I mean both of your teams employ domestic abusers. So you at least you can both **** on each other for that?
    Absolutely. I want Chapman and German gone. Dont deserve the pinstripes no matter how good they are at pitching.

Yeah, I posted a link to this earlier and was criticized for it. As an Astros fan, pretty much everything I post in this thread is pretty much immediately criticized or laughed off.

This is probably the tip of the iceberg. More teams are going to be implicated when this is all said and done.
    Even my Blue Jays were implicated back in the day with the mysterious "man in white" in the OF seats. At the time I thought it was ridiculous but more and more info came out. Now hearing the past and present allegations with other teams I wouldn't be surprised to hear that it was true. Baseball is a game built on deception and trying to bend rules. Players have been cheating on the field forever. Of course it'd go off the field too.

I really do appreciate and empathize with where you're coming from. It must be awful to be seeing this about a team you love and follow closely. I mean that sincerely, no sarcasm. When A-Rod got busted the third time, I wanted him banished for life. I am deeply uncomfortable with his impact on that 09 championship team, knowing the extent to which he was and is a liar and cheater of the highest order, and utterly without shame. I also hate that my kids are in the position where they are forced to root for Chapman, and now German, who is loathsome in my eyes for raising a hand to a woman. It sucks to be put in this position.

That said, it does seem you are doing everything possible to frame this as a baseball problem when, at least for now, it is an Astros (and Red Sox) problem. I understand why you need to do this. But I think it would help you process the disappointment better if you turned your fire on those who, at least for now, deserve it most, regardless if it's your team or anyone else's.
    Holier than thou much? From the outside looking in, it feels like you're only so up in arms about this because you believe the Yankees might have another championship if it weren't for the Astros and their sign stealing schemes.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Absolutely. I want Chapman and German gone. Dont deserve the pinstripes no matter how good they are at pitching.
    I can't tell you how happy I was to see Osuna get dealt. Amazing pitcher but I can't cheer for a guy who slugs women.

Technically he was never charged. The reason being because his ex was no longer in Canada and never showed up for the court date. She went back to Mexico and had a restraining order put in place instead. Rumours were circulating that police had pictures of her after the attack though.

Yeah, I posted a link to this earlier and was criticized for it. As an Astros fan, pretty much everything I post in this thread is pretty much immediately criticized or laughed off.
    Nah, I'm in your corner dude. I don't support what your team did and I think they got off light in terms of punishment but fans are fooling themselves if they think this doesn't go on in other organizations and with other players. The Astros and Red Sox were just the first teams to get caught with their hands in the cookie jar.

Even my Blue Jays were implicated back in the day with the mysterious "man in white" in the OF seats. At the time I thought it was ridiculous but more and more info came out. Now hearing the past and present allegations with other teams I wouldn't be surprised to hear that it was true. Baseball is a game built on deception and trying to bend rules. Players have been cheating on the field forever. Of course it'd go off the field too.
    100% agreed.

Page 26 of 53 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast