Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 52 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    https://sports.yahoo.com/astros-yank...233810820.html

The plot thickens.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

https://blogs.fangraphs.com/which-pl...sign-stealing/

Probably the best breakdown of how much of an actual impact this had for the Astros.

He estimates it gave them 5 additional wins worth of offensive production, and that itís clear this gave them a significant advantage at home specifically on pitches to take and not take.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    https://sports.yahoo.com/astros-yank...233810820.html

The plot thickens.

I'd be really disappointed if I were an Astros fan. Hard to root for blatant cheaters. They were all in on it.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

PassanESPN

Major League Baseball's investigation into the*Houston Astros' illegal use of technology is in its final stages and members of the organization expect commissioner Rob Manfred to decide on the severity of discipline within the next two weeks, sources familiar with the situation told ESPN.

With witnesses admitting that the Astros*used a system to relay pitch types to batters*before they were thrown, according to sources, MLB's coming decisions are twofold: whom to discipline and how harshly to do so.

The targets for discipline will be employees of the team, including the front office and on-field coaching personnel, but will not include the players involved in the scheme, according to three players who have been interviewed. Those who could face discipline include Astros general manager Jeff Luhnow, Astros manager AJ Hinch and other front-office members, sources said. The team also could face a record fine.

An MLB spokesman declined to comment.
    The existence of a memo from Manfred on Sept. 15, 2017, explicitly stating he would punish teams that run afoul of rules outlining the use of technology, offers him a wide berth in discipline.

Past penalties for rules violations have included suspensions and even a lifetime ban, which former*Atlanta Braves*GM John Coppolella received for bundling signing bonuses with Latin American prospects and former*St. Louis Cardinals*scouting director Chris Correa received after he admitted to accessing the Astros' proprietary database and stealing information.

Cheating with technology remains among the most serious issues in baseball heading into the 2020 season, and an Athletic report Tuesday that accused the 2018*Boston Red Sox*of using their video-replay room to decode sign sequences, relay them to runners on second base and allow the runners to feed coming pitches to hitters underscores the problem's pervasiveness. Alex Cora, the Red Sox's manager, was the bench coach for the 2017 Astros and*could be facing discipline*because he was part of that staff, according to sources.

Multiple executives see the Astros' coming discipline as a litmus test for MLB: The stronger the penalties, the likelier they will be to deter teams from using technology to cheat. Two Astros officials said they expect the league to issue a transparent statement upon the announcement of the discipline, outlining how the team cheated, how the league went about gathering information and how Manfred arrived at the penalties.

His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

So basically there isn't going to be a punishment, since all players will be let off w no charge.

Quote Originally Posted by JudgeMeNot View Post
    I'd be really disappointed if I were an Astros fan. Hard to root for blatant cheaters. They were all in on it.
    Get over yourself. The Yankees has been caught cheating before in the last several seasons. And now the microscope is on the Red Sox. If you don't think the Yankees are every bit as guilty of cheating or don't have their own systems in place to get an edge, then you're truly naive.

Teams cheat in baseball. You don't need to be a baseball historian to come to that conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Get over yourself. The Yankees has been caught cheating before in the last several seasons. And now the microscope is on the Red Sox. If you don't think the Yankees are every bit as guilty of cheating or don't have their own systems in place to get an edge, then you're truly naive.

Teams cheat in baseball. You don't need to be a baseball historian to come to that conclusion.
    The Yankees have literally never cheated. Not a single player or staff member.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    GF!!

[emoji23]

Peak gf over here

Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Peak gf over here

He will defend Arod to the death. He's in love.

Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    He will defend Arod to the death. He's in love.

https://gifer.com/en/QiQS

Tmml

Page 10 of 52 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast