Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 28 of 53 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Can't wait to watch you be ecstatic when Chapman gets the final out of the 2020 WS.
    the Twins will never trade for him
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    the Twins will never trade for him
    Well played

On his personal Instagram early Monday afternoon, former Seattle Mariners first baseman Logan Morrison sent out a controversial message that is starting to gain traction in the baseball world.

In his two posts, Morrison claims that the Houston Astros’ history of sign-stealing dates back to before A.J. Hinch and Alex Cora’s (whom Morrison mistakes for Cora’s brother, Joey) time in Houston, and goes on to cite that, in addition to the Astros, he has “firsthand” knowledge that the Boston Red Sox, Los Angeles Dodgers, and New York Yankees are all guilty of using similar avenues to their advantage.
    https://sodomojo.com/2020/01/13/form...oes-back-2014/

https://twitter.com/JohnTrupin/statu...s-back-2014%2F

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Quote Originally Posted by StryderSox View Post
    I dont think I have every agreed with a post more in my life! I would be very careful about criticizing the Astros or RedSox at the moment. Anyone who is taking that "holier than thou" outlook on this better be pretty confident that their team is not involved because I would be very surprised if in the next year or so we arent looking back and realizing that this is one of those things are numerous if not all teams are involved with in some sort of way. All it takes is for one member of those Astros and RedSox teams to move to your team (player, coach or front office staff) and you will never be able to be confident that your team is not doing something similar.
    Dave Hudgens is the bench coach for the Jays now. He was investigated and came back clean. Clearly my Jays are holier than the cheaty cheaterton Red Sox.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    It's not surprising to be honest.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Some of the things being thrown around by players about the 2017 postseason are hilarious because they completely lack context.

I saw Sabathia is claiming the Yankees should have won the World Series. The Yankees scored 3 total runs at Minute Maid Park that series and never scored more than one run in a game! Darvish is wondering if they stole signs against him in Game 7 of the World Series, except Game 7 was at Dodgers Stadium!

I get why they're complaining and the Astros 100% deserve this level of skepticism, but if you're not even going to bother to look at the context, don't make absurd statements questioning the validity of the the team's success in those games/series.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Jack McDowell got on the radio in Charlotte today and said the White Sox were doing these things with LaRussa in the early 90s. They were using a light on a Gatorade sign in the OF to relay pitches to hitters and doing it in a manner in which it was more than players picking up on them.
    If true, MLB just continues to shoot itself in the foot from all angles.

I would believe the yanks could have stole signs last season but between 14and 16 the yanks missed playoffs atleast twice and never won more than a wc spot . So if they cheated then they either did a lousy job or didn’t do it often .

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    I would believe the yanks could have stole signs last season but between 14and 16 the yanks missed playoffs atleast twice and never won more than a wc spot . So if they cheated then they either did a lousy job or didn’t do it often .
    Cheating with middling results is still cheating.

11. 01-18-2020, 06:11 PM
    Reason
    Baiting

Quote Originally Posted by thefeckcampaign View Post
    If true, MLB just continues to shoot itself in the foot from all angles.
    Its because none of this is as new as fans hoped it to be. Yes this thread is about the Astros but what happened here is probably going to open Pandora's box.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Cheating with middling results is still cheating.
    In two of those years they got lousy results . Either way the system the Red Sox and Houston used were more wide spread and sophisticated than whatever system may have been used earlier by the yanks . If they did use a system at all .

Again: cheating with middling results is still cheating.

Last edited by Bmu15; 01-18-2020 at 09:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Dave Hudgens is the bench coach for the Jays now. He was investigated and came back clean. Clearly my Jays are holier than the cheaty cheaterton Red Sox.
    Agreed, ****ing cheaty cheatertons.

Page 28 of 53 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast