Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Orioles' Trey Mancini has malignant tumor removed from colon

Baltimore Orioles outfielder Trey Mancini underwent successful surgery to remove a malignant tumor from his colon, the team announced Thursday.

The tumor was discovered last week during a colonoscopy.

Lab results and the timetable for Mancini's recovery will not be known until next week.

"The outpouring of love and support I have received has made an extremely tough week so much better," Mancini said in a statement. "I have the best family, friends, fans, and teammates imaginable. I am also eternally thankful for the Orioles front office, our athletic trainers, and the entire medical staff for everything they have done to help me during this time. Finally, I would like to thank everyone for their prayers and kind words, which have furthered my excitement to get back to playing the game I love."

On Saturday, the Orioles announced Mancini had left the team to undergo what it called a "non-baseball medical procedure."

"We are doing everything in our power to ensure Trey recovers fully, and we can't wait to see him back on the field as soon as possible," said Mike Elias, the team's executive vice president and general manager.
    https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...-removed-colon

Hope he recovers well.

The Lost Boys of PSD

Really sucks for him. The team was keeping it quiet, but the rumors of it being cancer were starting to spread so I guess they wanted to make the news official. He's the face of the franchise at the moment too. I wish him the best and hope he is able to return to a normal life. Baseball is second.

Life is the important thing, as was said. As a cancer survivor myself, I will say that there are a lot of scary times ahead for him. I wish him the absolute best in his recovery. If he can get back on the field, it will be great. If he can't, but stays alive, it is a win for him.