Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 53 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    If you believe the data posted by the one fan who tracked the bangs, though, both Altuve and Reddick barely used the system at all in 2017. Correa backed this up by essentially saying Altuve didn't use it following Bellinger's comments.

Frankly, I think Altuve has handled himself admirably. Correa's comments and that data set gave him an out to say "Look, I didn't like the system and didn't want to use it." But he refused to separate himself from the team and admitted to being every bit as guilty as the other players.
    He also, in that same valiant effort to actually provide that detail, was very clear to state he only tracked bangs. He didn't track whistles, or buzzes, or any other method of signaling. Whether you believe the recent hype behind the buzzers or not, whistling was identified as a signaling method in 17 and 18.

Quote Originally Posted by sonofdad View Post
    He also, in that same valiant effort to actually provide that detail, was very clear to state he only tracked bangs. He didn't track whistles, or buzzes, or any other method of signaling. Whether you believe the recent hype behind the buzzers or not, whistling was identified as a signaling method in 17 and 18.
    Nice compilation of bangs and whistles, including 2017 postseason. Now admittedly, they still won "fair and square" but there is that whole video evidence thing.

Banging and Whistling https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xW-uEm6iRD0

Lots of great examples, but 4:34 is pretty interesting.
    Last edited by sonofdad; 02-21-2020 at 12:32 PM.

https://nypost.com/2020/02/21/mark-t...mpression=true

Interesting article on the sign stealing and how Yankees were involved in some way.

Take from it what you will.

Adding.

This is exactly right. Yankees used video to decode sign sequences. As previously reported, Chris Young was big factor in this and with 2017 Red Sox. This story adds A-Rod, which makes sense bc he was always one of the best at picking up on tipping and signs. This was not illegal

The Astros took some of these techniques and added in-game video sign stealing conveyed by audio cues. Both elements are illegal. Per multiple sources, Yankees did neither.
    - Martino.

Before the Yankees come under attack.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by RCSownsU; 02-21-2020 at 09:22 PM.
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Wow. That's a little bit over the top, dude. If you read an article with more of Ortiz's comments, the guy didn't say anything that was unfair or not just basic common sense. But apparently he should be dead because of a single take? Jesus—remind me never to get into a debate with you in person if that's how quick you are to resort to violence...
    You're right. I apologize to the fans here. I just got ticked reading that from Ortiz like he was solely blaming Fiers for the mess when it was the Red Sox who cheated, too. It really should not matter what Ortiz said or meant.

There was an article that Mike Fiers was getting death threats, but it shouldn't matter -- https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...al/4832358002/.

I'm just going to let bygones be bygones. Who cares? The stuff is not worth reading anymore unless the cheating crops up again using technology. Maybe it's up to other teams to stop the cheating and letting the commish know?

Can we like permanently banish this poster to the kiddie table or something?

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Lol Astros staff confiscated Chester's signs from fans. Said that no signs were allowed at the ballpark. Meanwhile, plenty of pro Astros signs were not confiscated.

This team is so damn sensitive.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Lol Astros staff confiscated Chester's signs from fans. Said that no signs were allowed at the ballpark. Meanwhile, plenty of pro Astros signs were not confiscated.

This team is so damn sensitive.
    Can't stop sign stealing...

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Can we like permanently banish this poster to the kiddie table or something?

U mad, spliff ?

What the **** is wrong with Tom Verduci, dude is pushing insane conspiracy theroy's
    https://brobible.com/sports/article/...eries-kershaw/

How does the fact that the Astros didn't swing at a SINGLE curve or slider against Kershaw in game 5 prove that they were cheating, or knew what was coming.
    Last edited by ciaban2.0; 02-25-2020 at 07:32 PM.

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    What the **** is wrong with Tom Verduci, dude is pushing insane conspiracy theroy's

How does the fact that the Astros didn't swing at a SINGLE curve or slider against Kershaw in game 5 prove that they were cheating, or knew what was coming.
    I dont know if it's an insane conspiracy theory.

It's like if the President went on television and said (erroneously) that Campbells uses the remains of dead animals in their soup and then 6 months later Campbells sues on the basis of a drastic decline in sales.

The truth is almost impossible to know but on the surface it sounds very believable.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    I dont know if it's an insane conspiracy theory.

It's like if the President went on television and said (erroneously) that Campbells uses the remains of dead animals in their soup and then 6 months later Campbells sues on the basis of a drastic decline in sales.

The truth is almost impossible to know but on the surface it sounds very believable.

You fell for the obvious bait.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post

Prove? No. Make me say “What the....”? Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    You fell for the obvious bait.
    I dont know what this is in reference to.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Quote Originally Posted by thefeckcampaign View Post
    Prove? No. Make me say “What the....”? Yes.
    And another one....
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    I dont know what this is in reference to.

This much is obvious.

Page 53 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast