Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 52 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    Yeah, he is insanely biased. But, it's possible what he is saying is true.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Definitely need more context in the Girardi clip.
    Is he talking about his playing days with NYY or the Cubs?
    Is he talking about his managing days with NYY or the Marlins?
    Is he talking about something his team did, or someone else did?
    Does "caught it" mean they caught the other teams signs, or they caught another team stealing his teams signs?
    There is a lot of missing info there.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Dude. You are dense af. I have NEVER said that knowing what pitch is coming doesn't help a batter lay off pitches. I said there's more to knowing what's coming than being aware of pitch type.

Get a grip.
    Simmer down there sugar ****. What do you mean by that then?

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Definitely need more context in the Girardi clip.
    Is he talking about his playing days with NYY or the Cubs?
    Is he talking about his managing days with NYY or the Marlins?
    Is he talking about something his team did, or someone else did?
    Does "caught it" mean they caught the other teams signs, or they caught another team stealing his teams signs?
    There is a lot of missing info there.
    I agree. If it's from his Yankees playing days, it's probably too far gone to do anything about it. It actually made me wonder how far back MLB can/will take this.

If all these guys speaking out, Trout,Belinger, etc,ect are this upset. Then its simple, go to the union and DEMAND that players be punished. Otherwise shut the **** up!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    I agree. If it's from his Yankees playing days, it's probably too far gone to do anything about it. It actually made me wonder how far back MLB can/will take this.
    I don't think MLB wants to take it any further than they already have. That's the problem. They were only willing to investigate the Astros because of the Fiers claims, and I'm guessing the fact that the Astros won the World Series that year probably forced their hand. But so many claims are being thrown out right now, and beyond the ongoing Red Sox investigation, I just don't see them putting any real effort into looking into any of it.

They don't want the world to know if cheating is rampant in their sport. Right now, the Astros look like the villains, and they've been absolutely crucified for it, while MLB as a whole can still pretend like the league is overall pretty squeaky clean. If it comes out that way more teams have been cheating and that it's something that's gone on for decades, suddenly MLB looks incompetent, and all the pressure and scrutiny is on them.

It's much easier to find a scapegoat, let them take the brunt of the criticism and sweep any larger, deep-rooted institutional problems under the rug. That's what most corporations do with scandals, and MLB is no different. I would be genuinely shocked if MLB investigated any further than the Astros and Red Sox—and even with those teams, it's just going to be a surface-level investigation into the things people already know about.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    I don't think MLB wants to take it any further than they already have. That's the problem. They were only willing to investigate the Astros because of the Fiers claims, and I'm guessing the fact that the Astros won the World Series that year probably forced their hand. But so many claims are being thrown out right now, and beyond the ongoing Red Sox investigation, I just don't see them putting any real effort into looking into any of it.

They don't want the world to know if cheating is rampant in their sport. Right now, the Astros look like the villains, and they've been absolutely crucified for it, while MLB as a whole can still pretend like the league is overall pretty squeaky clean. If it comes out that way more teams have been cheating and that it's something that's gone on for decades, suddenly MLB looks incompetent, and all the pressure and scrutiny is on them.

It's much easier to find a scapegoat, let them take the brunt of the criticism and sweep any larger, deep-rooted institutional problems under the rug. That's what most corporations do with scandals, and MLB is no different. I would be genuinely shocked if MLB investigated any further than the Astros and Red Sox—and even with those teams, it's just going to be a surface-level investigation into the things people already know about.
    I agree with you. How ugly would it be to find out that the 97 Yankees were cheating and the whole problem has been going on for at least 25 years? I think it would look ugly on many fronts.

siap. Now, BoSox legend David Ortiz calls Mike Ortiz a snitch. I really want to see a bean ball war and bat fight now. And I'd be fine with Ortiz dead when he got shot.

Sorry, too much anger rat now.

https://www.prosportsdaily.com/artic...ng-615022.html

Quote Originally Posted by jasonbourne View Post
    siap. Now, BoSox legend David Ortiz calls Mike Ortiz a snitch. I really want to see a bean ball war and bat fight now. And I'd be fine with Ortiz dead when he got shot.

Please get a life and learn how to present a coherent thought that has even the slightest bit of value.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Wow. That's a little bit over the top, dude. If you read an article with more of Ortiz's comments, the guy didn't say anything that was unfair or not just basic common sense. But apparently he should be dead because of a single take? Jesus—remind me never to get into a debate with you in person if that's how quick you are to resort to violence...

If this is an attempt at a joke, its an awful one. WTF is your problem?

That's fine. I still think the talent gap between the Astros and the A's is really significant. The A's will outperform their talent as they do every season, but I don't see it being enough to beat a team that's just much more talented on paper.

OK, so let's assume Altuve cheated from 2017-19. If cheating was the reason for why he hit more home runs, why weren't his home run totals higher in 2017 and 2018?

Similar take on this. If Bregman cheated all three of those years, why weren't his walk totals higher all three seasons? Also, if the whole team is doing this, why is Bregman the only guy with the absurd walk totals?

I don't care that people are skeptical of the Astros' numbers the last three seasons. It is what it is. They cheated—skepticism is deserved, whether we know if they cheated in 2019 or not. But for every Altuve and Bregman, who put up big numbers in those seasons, nobody's looking at the numbers of Tyler White or Josh Reddick or Jake Marisnick.

If knowing what pitch was coming led to a massive spike in production, why isn't everyone walking 100+ times and hitting 30+ homers? Maybe it's because guys like Bregman and Altuve and Springer are just really freaking good baseball players?
    If you re-read my post I start off the paragraph on Altuve with "This may be a reach." I'm bringing the size of his bat into question for 2019 and I even say that I don't know if that was the same size he used in previous years. Maybe with the help of sign stealing and buzzers he was able to swing a bigger and heavier bat which would make balls travel further in 2019 is what I'm getting at.

Bregman was in his first full season in 2017 and only walked 55 times. In 2018 that number jumped up to 96 and then he led the MLB with 119 last season. That's a pretty big jump from 2017 to 2018 at least. Sure, he could have a good eye, but is it really that good? My guess is no which is why I say he'll get less than 100 walks this year.

I'm specifically looking at Bregman and Altuve because so far they've been the most fake out of everyone that's spoken about it. Altuve's refusal to talk about any little bit of it is also a red flag for me. Some players may have even dropped out after 2017. Reddick is one that actually sticks out because he had a career year in 2017 and then went back to business as usual.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    If you re-read my post I start off the paragraph on Altuve with "This may be a reach." I'm bringing the size of his bat into question for 2019 and I even say that I don't know if that was the same size he used in previous years. Maybe with the help of sign stealing and buzzers he was able to swing a bigger and heavier bat which would make balls travel further in 2019 is what I'm getting at.

Bregman was in his first full season in 2017 and only walked 55 times. In 2018 that number jumped up to 96 and then he led the MLB with 119 last season. That's a pretty big jump from 2017 to 2018 at least. Sure, he could have a good eye, but is it really that good? My guess is no which is why I say he'll get less than 100 walks this year.

I'm specifically looking at Bregman and Altuve because so far they've been the most fake out of everyone that's spoken about it. Altuve's refusal to talk about any little bit of it is also a red flag for me. Some players may have even dropped out after 2017. Reddick is one that actually sticks out because he had a career year in 2017 and then went back to business as usual.
    If you believe the data posted by the one fan who tracked the bangs, though, both Altuve and Reddick barely used the system at all in 2017. Correa backed this up by essentially saying Altuve didn't use it following Bellinger's comments.

Frankly, I think Altuve has handled himself admirably. Correa's comments and that data set gave him an out to say "Look, I didn't like the system and didn't want to use it." But he refused to separate himself from the team and admitted to being every bit as guilty as the other players.

https://www.inquirer.com/phillies/ya...-20200220.html

Girardis response to the Jared tweet.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    I agree with you. How ugly would it be to find out that the 97 Yankees were cheating and the whole problem has been going on for at least 25 years? I think it would look ugly on many fronts.
    It would actually be hilarious if it came out that the Yankees dynasty cheated along with tons of other WS winner. Other than PEDs bc obviously the Yankees have been loaded with juicers, Sox had Manny and Ortiz, and all the other guys.
    Watching Manfred deal with a 20 year old league wide cheating scandal would be fantastic.

If you believe the data posted by the one fan who tracked the bangs, though, both Altuve and Reddick barely used the system at all in 2017. Correa backed this up by essentially saying Altuve didn't use it following Bellinger's comments.

Frankly, I think Altuve has handled himself admirably. Correa's comments and that data set gave him an out to say "Look, I didn't like the system and didn't want to use it." But he refused to separate himself from the team and admitted to being every bit as guilty as the other players.
    You still aren’t reading what I said about Altuve and his bat size. I was referencing 2019. The year he hit more HRs than usual. And yes, I 100% believe what Correa is saying. Especially the part about how Jose never used the trash can and would get mad at people using it for him.

Also where’s this part about Jose Altuve admitting guilt? All I’ve heard from him is about how the team is ready to move forward. He hasn’t admitted anything and refuses to talk about it like a coward.

Page 52 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast